New BAIC Off Topic section coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by charlesj
WOH....

Holy attack batman!

This has absolutely nothing to do with me being in FL. Take out the personal attacks ....on anyone. Also, show a little respect for the people that are putting in there time and effort to actually make a difference around here. Please stop the random fighting too. We are trying to have a real discussion here and this does not help...at all.

This is about improving the site so that members can have and view useful discussions. Everything we do is about improving the site. While some may vocally disagree, we are trying to make it best for the majority. It is also about putting threads where they belong. I agree that many threads in here and other sections need to be moved. I also have no problem moving all these OT threads to random thoughts. We were trying to be considerate to the BAIC and allow you guys the advantage of having your very own OT section.

The point that BAIC is OT is to a degree very true and maybe it shouldn't be. For the people that actually want to discuss regional topics, and not sift through 20 threads that are 100 percent off any topic, this would make sense.

So, let make a few options here. What would you like most:

A) Be more aggressive with moving threads to more appropriate sections including all completely OT threads to random thoughts.

B)Add BAIC OT (call it something different if everyone would rather)

C)Add BAIC OT and put meets back in the main section

D)Merge all active BAIC OT threads into one and make it the official BAIC OT thread

let me know what you guys think or if you have a better solution to the problem at hand

On a different note, this thread certainly brought up another more site wide issue that again seems to be more concentrated in this region. Cutting down on the unnecessary drama, bashing, fighting, crap. We do not want to go crazy with the rules here as it has always been a part of the site culture to be more open. This however relies on self governing and general self control which I am not seeing enough of. Being that most of it seems to stem from the older members and the history here, I will simply ask that you guys help us with an effort to cut back. This thread is a perfect example where one comment turned into 2 pages of fighting nearly killing the discussion at hand.
I don't like any of those options. The staff is going to be REALLY busy moving our threads. I only come to this site beause of the BAIC and I know that most of the other members from the Bay do to. So take away our room to strwetch in here and you will see a ton of us gone. But hey, maybe that's what you guys are after.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by ucbsti
Agreed...we have our own local mods, they should decide the fate of the BAIC, not some n00bert from Florida

What do they know about the hyphy bay area movement, YADDA MEAN?

Stilyin...thanks for reminding me we have avatars!
I am not a mod and I am not a noob. I have been a member since 2001, but since I am more of a reader than poster, my account continually got purged. I am site staff meaning I am one of the decision makers. None of this matters anyways as I explained in the last post. We are not trying to censor, hurt, or dramatically change. We are talking about a very simple small change to clear up to main section for real discussions and relevant topics. What is bad in any way about that? And why would that be the beginning of the end. The last time we made a change that was not liked (crunching down the regionals), guess what.....we put it back. So refrain from making random observations or attacks that have no bearing on what we are discussing here
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
how about you guys dont add a BAIC OT and get up off ur lazy a$$es and move the threads yourself. thats what moderators do right? or do they just post gun pictures and sh*t?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
yea seriously

just because a certain mod didn't like the thread he decided to have it moved
poor sport
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by mcowger
E) Leave it alone.

I vote E. Not sure why thats not an option. You are saying you want it to be best for the majority, but theres no majority here saying 'please change it mr. charles". There are people saying "step off, mr. charles".

If we MUST have one of your decreed options, lets have A or D.

What you fail to see is the complaints I get, or the members that leave because they are tired of it. I do respect your opinion though. I just personally fail to see how a simple change provokes such a strong response. Its not like we are saying OT posts cant be made
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
I am not a mod and I am not a noob. I have been a member since 2001, but since I am more of a reader than poster, my account continually got purged. I am site staff meaning I am one of the decision makers. None of this matters anyways as I explained in the last post. We are not trying to censor, hurt, or dramatically change. We are talking about a very simple small change to clear up to main section for real discussions and relevant topics. What is bad in any way about that? And why would that be the beginning of the end. The last time we made a change that was not liked (crunching down the regionals), guess what.....we put it back. So refrain from making random observations or attacks that have no bearing on what we are discussing here
Well, theres no way we can tell all of that

Can you understand our concerns though, some outsider coming in and stirring the mud?

I think the general feeling is, if it aint broke, don't fix it.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Staff Member

Originally Posted by mot
how about you guys dont add a BAIC OT and get up off ur lazy a$$es and move the threads yourself. thats what moderators do right? or do they just post gun pictures and sh*t?
AKA option A

I do not disagree with this option at all. We did not however think that it would be more popular than giving the BAIC their own OT section. If it is, so be it
Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
So were members complaining about being able to find real info in the BAIC or did you guys come up with this based on the fact the the BAIC probably has the most activity on this site? Just curious.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
How bout a poll, letting the members decide?

do all the random threads really bother people?

If you don't like a thread you just don't go to it, simple as that right?

I've never had a problem with BAIC, but this is starting to get so annoying

Who cares if a little group of friends have a random saying and have dedicated a thread to it?

Who cares if darkonion starts autox threads in baic instead of the meets section?

Who cares if brucelee is talking about SRT-4's?

Who cares if people start threads dedicated to Koreans only?

Who cares if people are talking about having to sell their car?

Who cares if people are talking about someone who has passed away?

seriously, its threads like this that keep the bay area forum going.

Would you seriously want the bay area forum here to turn into the one on nasioc?

I say vote, because after all it is the people here who make the bay area forum, the bay area forum
Old 07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
As much as I don't like some of these guys pushing my buttons, they are right. It is really their forum/section whatever. I assume the bulk of the traffic is in the BAIC or SRIC. Is most of the BAIC OT. Yes, it is. Don't get me wrong. Xing Lao Lao is stupid, but hey... that's what bonds the community together.

Yeah...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by darkonion
As much as I don't like some of these guys pushing my buttons, they are right. It is really their forum/section whatever. I assume the bulk of the traffic is in the BAIC or SRIC. Is most of the BAIC OT. Yes, it is. Don't get me wrong. Xing Lao Lao is stupid, but hey... that's what bonds the community together.

Yeah...
Did you just call Xing Lao Lao stupid!?

Have faith in XLL and you will never need a car to get chicks again.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
heres what you do... you count the number of ppl who are complaining.. and you count the ppl who are not complaining.. whoever has the most, wins..simple right? i think baic should pretty much stay the way it is.. oh and if it does come down to some type of change.. the ppl whould choose via poll...its simply the best way
Old 07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Who cares if darkonion starts autox threads in baic instead of the meets section?
I don't know if you can technically call it a meet. I guess the thread is there to discuss auto-x'ing, too. Yeah... something like that.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Staff Member

How bout a poll, letting the members decide?

do all the random threads really bother people?

If you don't like a thread you just don't go to it, simple as that right?

I've never had a problem with BAIC, but this is starting to get so annoying

Who cares if a little group of friends have a random saying and have dedicated a thread to it?

Who cares if brucelee is talking about SRT-4's?

Who cares if people start threads dedicated to Koreans only?

Who cares if people are talking about having to sell their car?

Who cares if people are talking about someone who has passed away?

seriously, its threads like this that keep the bay area forum going.

Would you seriously want the bay area forum here to turn into the one on nasioc?

I say vote, because after all it is the people here who make the bay area forum, the bay area forum
90 percent of that is fine. I think that topics that have no regional specific relevance should go in a more appropriate section as this is a national site. For example, a thread about what turbo to out on a STI, or questions about swapping a V8 sti motor into a GC have far more appropriate sections to go in where more people can get involved. As such, those should be moved.

It is not always as simple to just not go into threads. If you go to a forum looking for regional topics of interest, and they are diluted 20 to 1 (exaggeration) by random OT threads, it makes it harder to find what you are looking for.

My one worry with a vote here is that we are only going to here from the vocal minority which is why I choose to put it up as a discussion first.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:08 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by darkonion
I don't know if you can technically call it a meet. I guess the thread is there to discuss auto-x'ing, too. Yeah... something like that.
just giving examples, DO

Quick Reply: New BAIC Off Topic section coming