New BAIC Off Topic section coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Hey... lets stop talking about who's **** is king, i already won that debate... lets laugh at how stupid the off topic section is in the BAIC...

anyone find it ironic, how off topic the thread about making an off topic section got classic!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Hey... lets stop talking about who's **** is king, i already won that debate... lets laugh at how stupid the off topic section is in the BAIC...

anyone find it ironic, how off topic the thread about making an off topic section got classic!

Its the BAIC..what do you really expect
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by ucbsti
Its the BAIC..what do you really expect
I guess every thread needs an off-topic section in it. I don't think a thread would make it passed 3-4 posts if it had to be on topic or else ****-mod strikes!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Welcome to the BAZI
Old 07-31-2007, 02:34 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
hey but we all got avatars right?!@?!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
NSFW section and call it a day.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
BAIC Iclub should counter-attack and overthrow BAZI Iclub
Old 07-31-2007, 02:44 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Why is a total noob, only here for some 8 months deciding our forum format is going to change anyway?

Like I said before, this whole thing smacks of admin/mod masturbation, seriously who gives a flying poke at a rolling donut what the "topic" of BAIC should be- or what should go in OT?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by psoper
Why is a total noob, only here for some 8 months deciding our forum format is going to change anyway?

Like I said before, this whole thing smacks of admin/mod masturbation, seriously who gives a flying poke at a rolling donut what the "topic" of BAIC should be- or what should go in OT?
Esp. someone who is in Tampa, FL.....very far from BAIC.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:54 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
This could be my last straw around here.

Not that the content has been all that captivating here for a while now, but when nooby floridians start coming around and administering a local forum from some 3000 or so miles away, something is simply not right.

I hope this is just a passing anomoly, but if this is the wave of the future, I will be outta here
Old 07-31-2007, 03:06 PM

It's just the start, sadly ^^^
Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by psoper
This could be my last straw around here.

Not that the content has been all that captivating here for a while now, but when nooby floridians start coming around and administering a local forum from some 3000 or so miles away, something is simply not right.

I hope this is just a passing anomoly, but if this is the wave of the future, I will be outta here
Agreed...we have our own local mods, they should decide the fate of the BAIC, not some n00bert from Florida

What do they know about the hyphy bay area movement, YADDA MEAN?

Stilyin...thanks for reminding me we have avatars!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
WOH....

Holy attack batman!

This has absolutely nothing to do with me being in FL. Take out the personal attacks ....on anyone. Also, show a little respect for the people that are putting in there time and effort to actually make a difference around here. Please stop the random fighting too. We are trying to have a real discussion here and this does not help...at all.

This is about improving the site so that members can have and view useful discussions. Everything we do is about improving the site. While some may vocally disagree, we are trying to make it best for the majority. It is also about putting threads where they belong. I agree that many threads in here and other sections need to be moved. I also have no problem moving all these OT threads to random thoughts. We were trying to be considerate to the BAIC and allow you guys the advantage of having your very own OT section.

The point that BAIC is OT is to a degree very true and maybe it shouldn't be. For the people that actually want to discuss regional topics, and not sift through 20 threads that are 100 percent off any topic, this would make sense.

So, let make a few options here. What would you like most:

A) Be more aggressive with moving threads to more appropriate sections including all completely OT threads to random thoughts.

B)Add BAIC OT (call it something different if everyone would rather)

C)Add BAIC OT and put meets back in the main section

D)Merge all active BAIC OT threads into one and make it the official BAIC OT thread

let me know what you guys think or if you have a better solution to the problem at hand

On a different note, this thread certainly brought up another more site wide issue that again seems to be more concentrated in this region. Cutting down on the unnecessary drama, bashing, fighting, crap. We do not want to go crazy with the rules here as it has always been a part of the site culture to be more open. This however relies on self governing and general self control which I am not seeing enough of. Being that most of it seems to stem from the older members and the history here, I will simply ask that you guys help us with an effort to cut back. This thread is a perfect example where one comment turned into 2 pages of fighting nearly killing the discussion at hand.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ucbsti
I betting I have all of I-club behind me when I say this, Grow up dude.

I would bet money that at least 1-2 members are totally indifferent about the subject
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by charlesj
So, let make a few options here. What would you like most:

A) Be more aggressive with moving threads to more appropriate sections including all completely OT threads to random thoughts.

B)Add BAIC OT (call it something different if everyone would rather)

C)Add BAIC OT and put meets back in the main section

D)Merge all active BAIC OT threads into one and make it the official BAIC OT thread

let me know what you guys think or if you have a better solution to the problem at hand
E) Leave it alone.

I vote E. Not sure why thats not an option. You are saying you want it to be best for the majority, but theres no majority here saying 'please change it mr. charles". There are people saying "step off, mr. charles".

If we MUST have one of your decreed options, lets have A or D.

Quick Reply: New BAIC Off Topic section coming