Need wheel suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRX 5-door
Need wheel suggestions...

Hey guys,

I need some suggestions. I am going to need new tires this summer, and may or may not get new wheels at the same time. I definitely WANT new wheels, but I'm not sure I'll have the cash by this summer, so I may wait for my next set of tires after [in which case I'll buy the cheapest grippy tires i can get for now]

anyway, to the point... I REALLY REALLY like the deep dish look, and I still haven't seen any of the new ones [on the road or online] with anything like this...

I'm pretty sure I want to stick with 17"... MAYBE ill go 18" for the right wheel and look, but I want to maintain ride quality. Ideally I would like to find something with wide, solid spokes, preferably in a dark color, and a silver lip... OR something in like a black chrome overall. I don't care to spend an arm and a leg for a name or lightweight, all I care about is looks for the most part.

If anyone can recommend a local place that i might be able to go through, that would be cool, or if you think going online will be cheaper/better, thats cool too.

thanks for any info/help.

btw I have a 2008 DGM WRX on stock suspension... someday I may put coilovers, but for now I have my eyes on sways and an acessport.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
www.wheeldude.com dude duh
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 PM

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5842

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5731

thanks for the link,
i like these 2, but wish i could find something with about 1" more lip... any ideas? Do you think those pictures are accurate to the width of each wheel listed? The thing about looking for wheels, is sometimes they are offered in different widths, and they have the same picture... so there's no way to tell if the extra width is added on the inside, outside, or half and half, or something altogether different.

anyone have any suggestions on how to go about looking for what I want, which is somewhat specific?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Car Info: subaru
i just got rpf1 with bgf kgw

Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
*drool*
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
oh damn those are beautiful..
Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 PM

see, this **** is exactly what I am talking about...

I got excited when I saw this wheel on wheelsnext:
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rim...yperblack.html

and then i searched for pics on google and found this link:
http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=160 and specifically this pic:
http://www.elementwheels.com/prodimages/g35gf7.jpg
the wheels in the front are 19x8, and look NOTHING like the pictures used to advertize... they use the 19x10 pic to advertise... GRR...

so, my point is, is there ANY wheels that give that deep look in a 17x8, 17x8.5, or 17x9 size? If I have to go 18" i will... but this is why I am posting, for help from others who MAY have looked before me, or maybe they are more familiar with wheels...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
if you want real wheels, work xd9's have a lip
Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
my rays g-games have a lip to it also... you cant just look at the size of whell but it all depends on the offset you get and what "face setup" you want.

Name:  IMG_1629.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  79.5 KB
Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 PM

Car Info: .
How much do you want to spend? That needs to be addressed first.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 PM

i'd say around $1k 'ish for the wheels, 800 or so would be nice, but I'd be willing to shell 1k id say... if I found the PERFECT wheel I may go a lil higher, but not much.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:02 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by skaunit
i'd say around $1k 'ish for the wheels, 800 or so would be nice, but I'd be willing to shell 1k id say... if I found the PERFECT wheel I may go a lil higher, but not much.
That throws you into Enkei, OZ or Work (vendor depending) territory, but you're basically on no name budget wheels if you're looking to spend $200 a wheel.

Check those 3 out and see what prices you can get from vendors and choose. That price point isn't going to allow much selection, be warned.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:04 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by skaunit
see, this **** is exactly what I am talking about...

so, my point is, is there ANY wheels that give that deep look in a 17x8, 17x8.5, or 17x9 size? If I have to go 18" i will... but this is why I am posting, for help from others who MAY have looked before me, or maybe they are more familiar with wheels...
You can't really go with a deep dish with a Suby. The offset with a wheel like that will kill your wheel bearings. Wheel bearings are cheap but the labor to have them replaced is NOT cheap..

This is why you don't really see hardly any deep dish wheels on WRX's or STI's..
Old 02-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
That throws you into Enkei, OZ or Work (vendor depending) territory, but you're basically on no name budget wheels if you're looking to spend $200 a wheel.

Check those 3 out and see what prices you can get from vendors and choose. That price point isn't going to allow much selection, be warned.
see, I don't mind getting no-name budget wheels really... replicas are cool too...
I know what kind of wheels I can get for $200-250, don't get me wrong I have researched and bought wheels before... but I was looking for some specifics here... I've always liked Enkei wheels, Konig too...

Originally Posted by Ballz
You can't really go with a deep dish with a Suby. The offset with a wheel like that will kill your wheel bearings. Wheel bearings are cheap but the labor to have them replaced is NOT cheap..

This is why you don't really see hardly any deep dish wheels on WRX's or STI's..
Thats somewhat discouraging... hmmph... I guess I hadn't really thought of that.
What about a wheel with a normal offset, but where the spokes curved into the rim to give it a deeper look? I guess kind of like those ray g-games xhengmanx posted, but maybe with another .5" possibly?

The other thing I have seen and I really like, are these 18x9.5 rota grid's... on wheeldude there are quite a few rexes running these, but no 08+'s... so I am wondering if they will fit... I really don't NEED the width, but damn they look sexy... I just really like that angle that the spokes take... badass...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...4&postcount=62
Old 02-28-2009, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
sigh wheels are so expensive

Quick Reply: Need wheel suggestions...