Need a radar detector.... GRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by n192da
Say what you will....

The fact remains that none of the other units have directional arrows or bogey counters. On a trip to Oregon last weekend both of these two features saved my *** bigtime.

I'm crusing merrily along at 75 when I get a Ka chirp. A mile or more down the road, a Camaro CHP had a car pulled over... By the time I get next to them, the detector is screaming off the charts.... now normally, with other detectors, you'd mute it and figure the coast was clear.... right? RIGHT?

Less than 1 mile down the road, hiding under an overpass, there was ANOTHER CHP tagging traffic in my direction! But.... heh heh heh... I knew this ahead of time. My bogey counter said I had 2 radar sources, one behind me and one *still up ahead*.

Booya!

Valentine 1 for the win.
Actually the x50 has a bogey counter as well, four for x-band and two each for the rest. Valentine 1 is quite useful with the directional arrows but others are just as good when price is considered. I automatically let off once I hear the chirp-chirp, no time to be checking for arrows then.