Need a radar detector.... GRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:41 PM

Car Info: 2005 Metallic Gray STI
Originally Posted by XkrazyAsianX
... yea i need one badly too, just got a ticket for going 40 in a 25 right ****ing out side my house ..... ghey!!!! *** **** ... the guy was like umm i caught u going 40 in my rear radar and when i switched to my front radar you were still going 40 ... ... i didn't even know they had 2 radars!!! ... damn cops ... *sigh*
aaah... yea!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by jdepould
numbers are 11 years old, so take them for what you will, but according to the CDC in 1984 there were 13,500 children under age 15 treated in hospitals for skateboard-related injuries
damn I'm a statistic.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:37 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
The whole idea of me wanting to get a radar detector comes from the fact that that last four stops in the last 24 months (resulting in two tickets) resulted from getting ambushed in SF "speed traps".

I got one ticket from an officer parked (facing oncoming traffic) up on a pedestrian walkway on the big sweeping turn that connects 19th Avenue to Fulton Street heading north and another one on Doyle drive (facing oncoming traffic) on the median. Both were in the middle of the day, non commute hours with a lot of space in front of me. One on lazer and the other on radar. The short of it... I was jumped.

I don't make it a practice weaving through traffic wrecklessly. But if there is a lot of space between me and the car in front of me... I will take it. Catch me flying though traffic and endagering others, go ahead and pull me over and I'll accept my ticket like a man, but jump me for going a little over the speed limit with no traffic is ghey. Unfortunately, that's most of the time I get caught. That's why I need the dectector.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oaf
CHP's vehicle mounted radar is pure evil, and as such, a detector won't help you avoid a ticket.

Don't belive me?
PM RC51Driver and ask what he thinks.
Actually my V1 works great against CHP. I always have 15-30 sec warning on I-5 when they are coming the opposite direction radiating continuously. Even when they do a static instant-on ambush I get a warning when they illuminate a car ahead of me. I've actually had people come up to me during a fuel stop and ask how I knew where the CHP were.
The only tickets I've had with V1 were instant on traps, one Livermore PD on an empty road who had a perfect ambush spot, and another Pleasanton PD when I stupidly had K-band muted.

Last edited by FUNKED1; 06-10-2005 at 03:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
Thumbs up

I traveled from San Jose, thru California, Oregon, Washington, and Victoria BC (Canada)...and back again over the last 10-days or so. V1 performed flawlessly and saved me from several tickets in all states and Canada. As stated above, the CHP is no exception. Half the time those guys drive around with it on and you can detect them 1-2 miles away on the Ka-band. The arrows help determine where to look for them. Washington and Oregon use K-band a lot up there.

Not to sound like a broken record...but V1 is the way to go. Over the last couple/few years, it's paid for itself over and over again.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:56 PM

Contacted Valentine and let him know that there are 10K plus members of the Subaru owners Club worldwide and wanted to know if they were interested in a Group Buy... Sadly the answer was no. Plan on buying one really soon. WTH??!?!? I was damn charming too!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
Originally Posted by topcover
Contacted Valentine and let him know that there are 10K plus members of the Subaru owners Club worldwide and wanted to know if they were interested in a Group Buy... Sadly the answer was no. Plan on buying one really soon. WTH??!?!? I was damn charming too!
told you

Old 06-10-2005, 05:15 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by FUNKED1
Actually my V1 works great against CHP. I always have 15-30 sec warning on I-5 when they are coming the opposite direction radiating continuously. Even when they do a static instant-on ambush I get a warning when they illuminate a car ahead of me. I've actually had people come up to me during a fuel stop and ask how I knew where the CHP were.
The only tickets I've had with V1 were instant on traps, one Livermore PD on an empty road who had a perfect ambush spot, and another Pleasanton PD when I stupidly had K-band muted.
i'm telling you guys...my buddy is a CHP in SJ and they just got a new shipment of LIDAR. their group (patroling a few highway corridors in SJ) has received 4 units, so you can bet that our V1's will be much less effective.

evidently, the strategy for these guns, since they're in limited numbers, is to pick a good "sniping" spot -- as one officer shoots the laser, he relays the speed & description of the vehicle in violation to the 4+ patrol cars in wait. those guys go after the described car, cite them, and return to their perch awaiting more speeders.

just don't get a false sense of security with our V1's.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by White4drWRX
told you

It was your "negativity" that ultimately killed the deal.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
Originally Posted by topcover
It was your "negativity" that ultimately killed the deal.

dope
Old 06-11-2005, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
why have fast car if your gonna drive the speedlimit.

i love that last cop that thought he was gonna give me a speeding ticket > by the time he got his radar gun put away his motorcycle started and off chasing me i was over the over pass downshifted 2 gears hooked a right and 2 lefts then a right and back on the main road on the freeway and gone later pig hahahaha he never saw me make the left turns " I LOVE SUBARU ALL WHEEL DRIVE WOO HOO "
Old 06-12-2005, 07:37 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by WREXNFX

i love that last cop that thought he was gonna give me a speeding ticket > by the time he got his radar gun put away his motorcycle started and off chasing me i was over the over pass downshifted 2 gears hooked a right and 2 lefts then a right and back on the main road on the freeway and gone later pig hahahaha he never saw me make the left turns " I LOVE SUBARU ALL WHEEL DRIVE WOO HOO "
don't drive like an assclown
Old 06-12-2005, 08:40 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by WREXNFX
we'll see how long that sentiment lasts since you're in milpitas.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon and 08 Civic Si
hehehe everyone gets caught sooner or later... i have gotten my share of tickets from milpitas pd.....
thing is I can't stand all these people with fast cars that hog the left lane and go the speedlimit, if you don't have the ***** to drive fast get the hell out of the way.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
we have a real winner here . . .

Quick Reply: Need a radar detector.... GRRRRRR