Need a job for my girlfriend ASAP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:44 PM

Car Info: WRC replica
Need a job for my girlfriend ASAP?

My girlfriend just graduated from SFSU and looking for a marketing related job. The only catch is she needs someone are willing to offer her sponsership to stay here cuz she is a foreign student. We been looking all over Hotjobs, craigslist and etc..........., but nothing available will offer her sponsership. She can only stay here till Oct,05 if she can't find a job here. I don't want to see her go of course, so if anyone knows any jobs for marketing related, please let me know ASAP. This is serious, so please don't reply anything stupid or BS. Please forgive my English if something above don't make sense to you guys.
Andy
Old 12-11-2004, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
hooters is hiring
Old 12-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
new century in SF is hiring as well
Old 12-11-2004, 02:50 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by SsTiNgEr77
hooters is hiring
Qualifies as stupid.... :P
Old 12-11-2004, 02:55 PM

Sorry guys, she needs something is marketing related.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:12 PM

Why would it have to be marketing related if she just needs a work visa?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Seriously, does she have any job-related experience? Maybe language skills perhaps?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
Why would it have to be marketing related if she just needs a work visa?
It's not just a regular working visa. I think she signed something with INS that she had to find a degree(marketing) related job.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by GR8-WRX
Seriously, does she have any job-related experience? Maybe language skills perhaps?
Does Chinese count? She can write/read Chinese fluently. She did lots of marketing related research, lots of marketing related work in school, not just the class required homework. She did a project regardless of developing small business in marketing. She even had marketing intern experience.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:33 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
orwrx -
I would be willing to refer your GF in to SurfControl if she is willing to commute to Scotts Valley.

We have 2 Marketing positions open:

Product Marketing Manager
Category: Product Marketing
Description: Responsibilities for SurfControl Filtering products include: developing product plans and product marketing strategy; conducting market research, brand management, facilitate product PR, reviews and competitive activity; evaluating competitive products and drive appropriate positioning and responses; developing optimum distribution policies for the product using market research. Participating in pricing of products and assisting in customer contract negotiations; project plan, interface and drive all departments in the product design, development, production, launch and marketing. Preparing sales tools that highlight product benefits and complement sales activities. Provide product positioning training to sales channels. Develop the primary value propositions of products. Monitoring the administration of marketing services, including positioning, proposals, packaging, pricing, and promotion. Writing/coordinating white papers and other positioning documents and prepare web site content; gathering new product ideas and evaluate their potential and practicality; serving as technical advisor on all marketing mailers / objectives regarding product. Disseminate all relevant product information to all departments in a timely manner. Approximately 25% travel required.

Requirements:
Location Scotts Valley , CA
Required Education: BA

And

Vice President, Marketing
Category: Marketing
Description: Come head our Marketing group in our US Headquarters!

We are eagerly searching for our next Vice President of Marketing to take us through our next and biggest growth phase.

Reporting to the President of SurfControl, the VP of Marketing supports the organization's mission, vision and values.

Specific responsibilities include business and market development; customer service and retention; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; sales coordination; and, directs the day-to-day activities of Marketing, Marketing Communications and Public Relations departments.

Builds, develops and manages marketing teams capable of carrying out our needed marketing strategies and tactics.

Develops the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve system and goals.

Provides leadership and/or supports the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.

Creates an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function, which can track, measure and analyze performance.

Ensures all system-level and marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources in conjunction with territory marketing units.

Participates fully in professional societies and activities related to the industry in general and the marketing profession in particular.

Prepares presentations to the management group and the board to explain the market position and initiatives

Submit by email only, no calls please

Requirements: Please do not send resume if you do not fit the requirements, thank you.

Master's degree in business administration, marketing or a related discipline.

A minimum of 15 years experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing and planning in a high tech industry.

High Tech Marketing a must, security space experience is a plus and will put your resume on the top of the list.

Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.

Experience of working in a multi-national company desired.

Excellent compensation and benefits award the perfect candidate including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and the pleasure of living in Northern California.

Relocation to Northern California is definitely an option for the right candidate.
Location Scotts Valley , CA
Required Education: Not Specified

I doubt she qualifys for the VP position since she is just a graduate and its probably impossible for her to have the epxerience that they are asking.

Anyways, let me know if she is interested and I will submit her resume.
Also, if she knows multiple languages that can be a big help too since SurfControl is a global company(US, UK, CN, AU, etc...).
Old 12-11-2004, 04:38 PM

http://www.bajobs.com/jobseeker/cate...?displayPage=1
Old 12-11-2004, 04:46 PM

Thanks so much guys. Please keep on coming. I really don't want to see her go.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
new century in SF is hiring as well
Fockin hell.

-Jacob
Old 12-12-2004, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
if you feel so strongly about making her stay here.

MARRY HER ***
Old 12-12-2004, 10:59 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
if you feel so strongly about making her stay here.

MARRY HER ***
DAMN! For real dizzl3!

Quick Reply: Need a job for my girlfriend ASAP?