need help with a ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
need help with a ticket

I got a ticket on the 8th for a modified exhaust, I was talking to the officer, she was a ride along with another cop. After they issued the ticket I asked if it was correctable and they said yes all I would have to do was get it signed off or go to the state ref, I got a notice in the mail today saying I have to pay $174 and that my ticket was non-correctable. I was like wtf? the ticket was "Modified exhaust to make car louder"

what do I do? this is my first ticket.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi UGM Limited
Perhaps you could put your stock exhaust go to the ref and be like wtf its not modified its a Subaru its loud stock. (which it really isn't but only we have to know) Maybe the ref will understand but if you got other mods and they see them then the ref will know whats up and say go away. Or find and hunt that cop down ask them why they did that or just pay the ticket. Your going to have to get used to it cops profile our big wings and melon shooters they will pull you over if they want too.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
****en pigs!....
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
DUB

Car Info: 03 Wagon
Originally Posted by lanz0r
what do I do? this is my first ticket.
All the instructions you need are written on the ticket and/or the courtesy notices they sent. If you still have questions, you can call the courthouse clerk and ask.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 PM

I've called them and told them it has to be a mistake because the cop told me it was correctable, and the courthouse clerk told me to call the SJPD office and I called them then the SJPD office told me to call the courthouse because it was all in they're filesystem so i got the run around basically.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by DUB
All the instructions you need are written on the ticket and/or the courtesy notices they sent. If you still have questions, you can call the courthouse clerk and ask.
i dont think the answer he is looking for is on the back of the ticket. hes trying to fight it not find instructions to pay for it.

I've called them and told them it has to be a mistake because the cop told me it was correctable, and the courthouse clerk told me to call the SJPD office and I called them then the SJPD office told me to call the courthouse because it was all in they're filesystem so i got the run around basically.
damn i hate it when they do that call this call that bull****. the officers' badge number should be on the ticket. try goin to the SJPD office and track that officer down.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 PM

I was planning on going to the sjpd office or the courthouse on friday to see if I get any luck
Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan OBP EQ tuned
Screw luck, go find her and call her on it, she may lie and tell you to kick rocks. Then pay and move on. Be grateful you don't have to deal with the the ref. That would be where the luck plays in.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Whatever is on paper is what is in the system, and is what will end up in court. Officers dont interpret the law, just enforce it. Shoulda verified On-The-Spot what the officer said with what was written down.

Lesson learned :/
Old 09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
DUB

Car Info: 03 Wagon
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
i dont think the answer he is looking for is on the back of the ticket. hes trying to fight it not find instructions to pay for it....
The instructions included with the citation/courtesy notice include ALL your options.

It sucks that you got the run around, but making phone calls and knocking on doors at the police station is not going to make it go away.

It sounds like maybe the officer lied straight to your face at the scene when she told you it was correctable. There is simply a box they check on the citation to make it correctable or not. That was a dick thing for her to do. But what do you think confronting her in person is going to accomplish? She issued the citation, that's it for her. It has moved from the officer and on to the court at this point.

At this point, since your violation is not correctable, you can take your case to trial or pay the fine. How much money vs time do you have?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:49 PM

The ticket states if I take it to court I gotta pay 174 still and I got till 11/9. Money isn't really an issue, I'd just rather not have to pay it when I don't have to when all I have to do is swap my axleback.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 PM

All government agencies are hurting for money. a fix it ticket is what $10 vs. $174, you do the math.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX WAGON ...WFC #109...
i am kinda in that same situation... i received a ticket and on the written ticket all of my violations (3) were checked correctable.. then when i got the ticket in the mail only 2 were showing that they are correctable.. and they are trying to have me pay $498.. hell no.. i am just going to speak to the judge and show them my written ticket and show that everything was checked correctable.. hopefully that will work out.. if not.. oh well i did as much as i can do..

check out your written ticket and see if the corrected box is checked.. if it is try to talk to the judge like i am going to do.. good luck with your situation..
Old 09-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.

dude, i got a ticket down in pleasanton last year and the cop told me it was correctable but when i got the mail it wasn't
look at your ticket you got from the cop and see if it says correctable or not.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Car Info: JDM STI V7 EWG powered 2003 Subaru MBP WRX
I just got the same ticket last month....CHP pulled me over in town due to my exhaust. When I looked at the citation, it appeared everything was correctable, and the cop even told me just go home (right around the corner) and swap it back to stock...but when I got the thing in the mail, it was a ticket for $330 or so, with the option to correct the issue and bring it down to like $175. I went and got it signed off, then sent off the check. Wasn't worth the time/hassle in fighting it. I'm just glad guy didn't realize I was runnin with no cats...

Quick Reply: need help with a ticket