The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
The NBA Playoffs Thread

I just feel like talking about basketball right now.

This might be posted already somewhere else or off-topic, but I never check OT anyway, so I dunno. Haha...anyway, what's your takes so far and who do you think is gonna win it all? What teams interest you? What do you think of the new "best of 7" rule with the first round?

The east, anything goes right now. Dallas is whoppin' on Portland. The Lakers pulled through today to make the series competitive. New Jersey's on a tightrope right now because Milwaukee's playing a little harder than they are.

Oh yea, the NBA draft lottery selection's coming up. So I wonder who's gonna take #1. I'm thinking LeBron's gonna end up either in Denver or Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded on draft day elsewhere.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:45 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
The mavericks are gonna win it all. The lakers are gonna lose in the first round. Sacto's gonna beat the Jizz after Stockton and Malone collide in the fourth quarter of game seven suddenly killing them both (finally). The bucks and the nets are going to both realize that they're terrible and disband before the series even ends. Boston's gonna beat indiana after reggie miller gigantic head collapses his skeletal structure (thus killing him)after he comes down from missing a three to win game seven of the series. The hornets are gonna beat the sixers in game seven by Baron Davis dunking on derek colemans face. The Magic are gonna beat the pistons because tracy mcgrady is going to score 143 points in game 6. and phoenix is going to beat san antonio in game six by amare stoudamire dunking on tim duncan and david robinson at the same time. And that's all that really matters.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:40 PM

I think the playoffs are wide open this year because the champs are tired. But it will still be LA beating Orlando. There is no Eastern player that can guard TMac and Gooden is just enough inside to win the east.

As for the draft, LeBron must be not feeling too good right now. the sure lock for the first pick is now 50/50. Who is going to go first, a freshman in college who won the NCAA and dominated or a man dominating boys? that's a tough one, but I've got to go with Carmelo right now.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:25 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Yeah, I've got to agree with en3d on this one. The characteristic of a player being able to lead his team to a championship is such a rare and totally invaluable gift (ever heard of a guy named Jordan?) that it makes picking an equally (physically) talented player without that leadership ability just stupid. Do you want an all-star or do you want an all-star that can win six rings? I can see LeBraun being another Vince Carter, whereas Carmelo at least has the leadership abilities to win championships as well as the physical abilities to dominate at the college level. It may take Carmelo a touch longer to become strong enough to dominate in the NBA, but he is far and away the better all around player.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:15 PM

Car Info: '02 blazeYellow WRX
yeah... the playoffs seem open this year. number 1 through number 8 doesn't really mean much. Phoenix is giving the Spurs a hard first round and Tracy McGrady is just a freak of nature that is making the Pistons regret being in the no. 1 spot. They should just call the team the Orlando McGradys.
For round one results...i want:
Suns over Spurs
Kings over Jazz
Dallas over Blazers
Twolves over Lakers

Magic over Pistons
Nets over Bucks
Celtics over Pacers
76ers over Hornets.

As for the draft, i think LeBron James, Sammy Sosa clone, is too hyped up but nobody has yet to see James up against any real competition. He dominates the HS level. Is he really that good where he can step up to the NBA and do some damage? Right now, i gotta agree with the others and say Carmelo is better.