NASA 25hrs, Team MPME and GST supporting our troops!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
NASA 25hrs, Team MPME and GST supporting our troops!

I know it's not a Subaru folks but it's got a bunch of Subaru parts and love in the build

We worked with MPME/Speed TV/Modified mag on this project last year, the car did really well for it's first time ever on track (after we figured out why it was snapping wheel hubs/bearings, it ran 20 hours non stop other than fuel)

We're hoping the car is a little more sorted this year though and at the same time hope to raise some coin for some of the guys way braver than I that have risked their neck to keep us in our Starbucks in the morning..

Here's the official release,

NASA 25 Hour Drivers Team Up to Race for Charity

Racers Jeff Courtney, Andrew Wojteczko, Gary Sheehan, Dave Pratte and Dave McEntee race in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in support of the ‘Wounded Warriors Foundation.’

Five prominent GT, Touring Car, and sportscar drivers have banded together to keep busy in the off season, and have also pulled together to support a special cause.

Woodhouse Performance SPEED GT driver Jeff Courtney, ALMS race winner and Indycar/NASCAR driver coach Dave McEntee, Auto Analyser SPEED TC driver Andrew Wojteczko, Canadian Touring Car champ Dave Pratte and ESX SPEED GT driver Gary Sheehan have come together to tackle the daunting 25 Hours of Thunderhill, December 5th-7th, and will do so in support of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, (SOWF), commonly referred to as the 'Wounded Warriors Foundation.'

The five pilots will be driving for 'Team MPME/Scion' in the world's longest endurance road race, the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, December 6th-7th, in Willows, CA, just north of Sacramento. Administered by the National Auto Sport Association (NASA), the '25 Hours' serves as the ultimate test of drivers, cars, pit crews, equipment, and flawless execution.
As the Team MPME/Scion drivers work through the night to perform at their far extremes of their potential, they will also be helping to promote a charity that supports the families of fallen soldiers from America’s most extreme military units.

The SOWF’s mission statement speaks to the work they’ve been dedicated to for nearly three decades: "The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of Special Operations personnel killed in operational or training missions and provides immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations troops and their families."

“I’d previously heard of the Wounded Warriors Foundation, but it was the work and passion of (SPEED Touring Car driver) Nick Esayian that inspired me to learn more,” said team owner, Marshall Pruett. “Nick put me in contact with the Foundation, and with their assistance, everything has come together pretty quickly.”

Esayian’s firsthand experience with the Wounded Warriors has been humbling. “The Special Forces guys are truly America’s best and brightest. They voluntarily give up careers, income, and opportunity in the private sector to go to the darkest places on behalf of this country. When you see brilliant and committed people sacrificing their lives while I’m out worrying about shaving a half second off my lap time, it is humbling. I don’t ever want them to worry about their kids getting the best education.”

With the holidays just around the corner, Pruett hopes NASA racers and their families will be inspired to make donations to help improve the lives of those who’ve lost loved ones that served in the Special Forces. “My father was an Army veteran and my wife is a Marine veteran, and both have the utmost respect for the Special Forces members they interacted with. The Special Ops personnel ask to be placed in the most hostile encounters imaginable – helping the families of these fallen heroes by reaching into our pockets is an honor for those that can help.”

The Team MPME Scion tC will carrying SOWF logos and the web address where donations can be made to support the Wounded Warriors. MPME driver Gary Sheehan is proud to bring awareness to the SOWF by racing in the 25 Hours.

"Our military Special Operations teams put themselves in the most dire of situations in order to protect the freedoms and ways of life we enjoy every day. We are indebted to these heroes and their families. It is a privilege and an honor to race for the families of our fallen heroes that have made the greatest of sacrifices so that we can continue to do the things we love to do."

With a dedicated web page established at http://www.firstgiving.com/25hrs4woundedwarriors for people to make donations, lending support to Wounded Warriors Foundation is extremely easy and secure. “I hope to raise $5000 for the Wounded Warriors,” said Pruett. “I’m positive that with the support of the racing community and racers throughout the country during the holidays, we can all make a positive impact on the lives of people that really need it.”

As a longtime supporter of the SOWF, Esayian shared his experiences with seeing the work of the Special Forces and the Wounded Warriors Foundation in action. “Amid the election year politics it is easy to forget that there are thousands of Special Operations people all over the globe, away from their families, fighting the good fight. I’ve met a bunch of the kids of fallen soldiers the SOWF have supported over the last four or five years. They’ve graduated from the schools of their choice and are so proud of their accomplishments. The parents of these kids was protecting my family, so the least I can do is support theirs in their absence.

“A few years ago some of the Special Forces guys came to Denver Grand Prix to show their support. We did our best to show them a good time. We fed them, showed them the cars, made their families feel welcome... After lunch one of the guys stood up and said to the team, ‘Thank you... Thank you very much... This is the nicest thing any civilians have ever done for us. I don’t know why you would do this...’ You could have heard a pin drop. The lump in my throat precluded me from saying anything other than, “thank you.” That is reason enough for all of us to put this on our list of charities.”

Please visit http://www.firstgiving.com/25hrs4woundedwarriors to make donations to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, and visit http://www.specialops.org to learn more about their good work.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Thanks guys, means a lot to see your support of our wounded.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Nice! See you guys out there.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Now up on Speedtv.com

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...e-for-charity/
Old 11-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Awesome work and for a noble cause.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Car Info: WRB "Ricer Edition"
Hooah!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EJ257
Hooah!
You better bring your thermals mate!

Mike
Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
You better bring your thermals mate!

Mike
yessir!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually if Paul goes we could all just hammer down Patron, should take the edge of and make for interesting pit stops

Mike
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Right on guys, I'll see yall out there.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Actually if Paul goes we could all just hammer down Patron, should take the edge of and make for interesting pit stops

Mike
Oh snap! i could see it now!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Car Info: Fast
I am down, just gots to arrange a caravan/car pool
Old 11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Mos definitely! Thanks guys!

SSgt Manalili
Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Heading out between morning and noon on Friday, but will have 1 seat heading out from the peninsula. Anyone that can hang 3 hours in a MR2 is welcome.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 11-29-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Well testing didn't go so well for us today, towards the end of the day one of our drivers caught some bad oversteer going into turn 8 which ended up with the car rolling more than once.

The good news is the heavy *** trunk is gone, the bad news is we have a lot of bent stuff and worked until about 30 minutes ago to get all the bent sheet metal off the car and start going through the chassis, motor seems to run ok, tranny is shifting ok but boy oh boy is something wrong with the alignment. Replaced some hubs and arms but still a little off so time for a couple of hours sleep and then hit the alignment rack in the morning....

To think we have not even started the race yet hahaha

Mike <--- Damn tired right now

Quick Reply: NASA 25hrs, Team MPME and GST supporting our troops!