Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by irrational x
yah i saw that too....

subtle...
Yup.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:33 PM

if by subtle you mean easily accidentally put into a tree or barrier *** end first, then yea.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by brucelee
PS: It was a manual transmission FTW!!! The clutch was made of heaven. Steering wheel was kinda ugly though.

Spend 5k on some good mods and u will just as good as that porshe! I run them into the ground on track days. I will let you drive my car and that porshe will feel like crap haha
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
I got the cure for the "my STI now feels like crap" blues...

Go try and buy a GT3 and then look at the price tag.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Car Info: 2001 BMW M5
Originally Posted by brucelee
My old coworker (who was also into cars) just purchased a 997 Porsche GT3 with all the bells and whistles in the color black (it's a weird black).

He took me for a ride today for about 10 mins, then handed me the keys and let me drive it (with him in the car) for a good 20mins or so. He encouraged me to drive at WOT at certain times and it was UNBELIEVABLE. Ive always been a Porsche fan, but never had a chance to drive a super high end Porsche until today...

My god, it was EVERYTHING a car should be... So simple, so quick, so nimble, and just so great in every aspect possible. It's an N/A car so the power delivery is NOTHING like our cars. I seriously think I'm in love... The only other car I'd rather have is a GT2, but other then that, I'd take a GT3 over almost any car on this planet (under $400,000). It's THAT great.

Going back into my STi, it felt like I was driving a Geo metro...

The best thing about the car is that it's totally subtle and no one really knows what it is unless you're into cars... When you mash the pedal however, EVERYONE notices the sound and rate of speed in which the car accelerates. The only thing he had on his car was the large spoiler which is just about the only thing that makes you think that it's some kind of super car. The car is unbelieveable and I DID NOT expect for it to be as great as it was. I have always been a GT2 fanboi, but now I'm 100% a GT3 fanboi (not saying In not a GT2 fanboi, but I always have been and always have been), but the GT3 is an EPIC car and blows my STi away in every catergory.

Has anyone else driven one? Or better yet, has anyone every driven a GT2?

I'd love to hear stories of your adverntures in this beast of a car, because my experience as EPIC/AMAZING/PHEMONINAL

Flooring it on the freeway snaps your head back and you just sink into the back of the seat which is unlike any STi I've driven... The best part is that the car is STOCK (with the exception of exhaust, a catback of some sort or enhance the sound of the bioxxer).

I had a really crappy day today, until about 3 hours ago when I was allowed to drive the 997 GT3 Porsche which not only gave me an erection, but made me grin hours after I drove it....

I LOVE PORSCHE... REAL PORSCHES, not the Boxers and other low end cars, but the perfection that goes into the high end Porsches is unmtached (well, Ive never driven Ferrari's/lambos/etc, so I can't speak... But the GT3 was 0rgasmic... I had a hard on the entire time, I'm not gonna lie...

If you ever get a chance, DRIVE ONE!!! DRIVE IT HARD!!! It will make you so happy and could be better then sex, no question about it.

My father has owned I don't know how many different Porsches at different times, and the last one was a toss up between a Cayman S and a GT3. Needless to say I was pulling for the GT3, but alas, there is a Cayman S in my parent's garage.

On the GT2 note, when I attended my last autocross, there was a gentleman with a GT2, and I was consistently faster than him by 1-2 seconds. Maybe it was my fantastic driving (lol), my fantastic car (hmmm), or his lack of skill(??), but all I know is that it is an awesome feeling being faster than a car like that. Granted there were people wiping the floor with us, but still. It sounded mean and had humongous brakes, complete with the super spoiler.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
I got the cure for the "my STI now feels like crap" blues...

Go try and buy a GT3 and then look at the price tag.
All things considered they aren't too bad used. In a relative way of looking at it.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Unit 91
All things considered they aren't too bad used. In a relative way of looking at it.
+1

There's a lot of cars that cost over $100k, and don't offer anywhere near the level of performance the GT3 delivers.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Daniel, shut up you big ole STI driven complainer. At least you got an STI!!! On a serious note, the GT3's are sick. I didn't get to drive one like you, but I did get a ride at speed at Thunderhill in this sweet GT3 rs

This is my instructor's car (dope huh?). 145mph on the main straight

And here is the car we were chasing. This, btw would slightly pull on us on the straights and cornered us well as we did (Both cars/drivers were no joke):

Old 02-16-2010, 08:45 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by lurk
at the end of the day, your friend's eclipse is still a crappy dsm. And i'd still pick the porsche over it.
true
Old 02-16-2010, 08:49 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
That Camaro is SICK! Totally what I'd want as a track **** since you can actually afford to work on it.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by STiForFun
That Camaro is SICK! Totally what I'd want as a track **** since you can actually afford to work on it.
Nothing about that car looks 'affordable' to me. Maybe next to the GT3, but what isn't at that point.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I hit a Carrera 4 cabrio with my previous car? Does that count? Hahahaha!

*It was a sudden stop in traffic @ 101 S. Kia van hit a civic hybrid, then civic hybrid hit me, then I bump the carrera.