MY place just got broken into!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 01:27 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
Oh, and although this experience probably has you steamed and rattled, don't just go out and pick up a firearm unless you get an understanding of how to handle & store one. Improperly trained gunowners endanger not only themselves but innocent bystanders as well
i second that, and forgot to mention that in my post.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
a gun wont keep people fron breaking in when your not home
Old 12-14-2003, 02:55 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX Yellow
wtf is with the gun nuts!?!

a gun would have done NOTHING in this situation...which is when 90% of break-ins occur...when you're NOT home!

they probably did watch you leave...that's when they break in. If you had a gun in your house, they probly would've found it and could have used it on YOU when you got back.

A gun around only puts YOU in more danger....it's a statistical fact

Sucks that someone broke in, and I'd be pissed/scared too, but don't get stupid. I would definitely file a police report about it and let the landlord know so appropriate mesaures can be taken.

But for the love of god, don't go getting yourself killed with the illusion of safety
Old 12-14-2003, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally posted by 4XREX
a gun wont keep people fron breaking in when your not home
Yes but we can naively dream about being upstairs and hearing those bastards downstairs, and coming out blasting!

MUahahhahaha.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black '02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
Originally posted by En3D
a 30 minute window is too small for this to be random. did you tell the lazy pigs that? be careful!
yup.... this couldn't have been random. It sounds like someone was staking the place out and was waiting for you to leave. And if they didn't steal anything, they may have been looking for something specific.

If I was you, I'd post a camera out the window to keep an eye out for anyone suspicious.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:50 PM

could be worse...

..you could have been smashed in the back of the head with a shotgun.
Happened to me, don't ask.
Oh and my gf had to watch......
Could be much worse dude...
Old 12-14-2003, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
Be wary. The fact that you were only gone for a half-hour might mean that someone watched you leave...

I'm glad no one was hurt.

--
0==WW==0
"Exles of evilEquot; - george w. bush

this is very true and my sister and i actually reported a white delivery van with two males chillin' in the cab of the vehicle when we were younger. Turns out it was the same group of guys that robbed my fathers house 6 months before. Everyday we saw the same van parked across the street...just keep an eye out for cars and things out of the ordinary.

eric
Old 12-14-2003, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
you don't know of anyone who would want to robb you, do you? I just ask becasue a lot of robbieries are commmited by ppl who know the owners of the house. I fact my dad's next door neighbor got robbed the other month. The theives went straight into the bedroom and just took the jewls that were kept in the closet. Nothing else was touched. So it seems pretty obvious that they were at least in the house before. Just watch out.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
Fry's has some cool little IR/color cameras. hide one outside your front door.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:27 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Yes i I agree that this could be much, much worse. Me getting hurt is one thing but I would not be able to deal with someone I love getting hurt. Luckily I live alone so my girlfriend is usually only here when I am.

I live in an apartment complex that is in a reasonably good area. It's imbetween the ghetto and the nice section on hamilton. Unfortunately since I live in an apt. modifications to the door and or mounting a camera are not going to be allowed.

I went and talked to my neighbors today and they said they heard a large crash (my door) and then heard someone frantically running around inside. They apologized and said that they thought it was me and my girlfriend arguing and slamming doors . The neighbor next to me (huge guy always wearing a golds gym shirt) said he saw someone running down the stairs and out to an awaiting newish red sports car, but he could tell what kind, or see what the perps looked like. Its cool now that we know each other so we can keep a lookout for a new red car, because those aren't common or anythin

And to all you gun nuts, no I won't be running out to buy a gun. It is tempting but I already know that I probably won't ever be in a situation where it will do any good. If anything I will now stop procrastinating and join a martial arts class already. For security I am buying a cheap little motion sensing box that is attached to a siren. When it detects motion it goes off, I figure that could scare someone off.

Until then I will be sleeping with my crowbar ( yes I am serious)
Old 12-15-2003, 10:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Hey I used to sleep with a flat black painted night stick by my bed when I lived in hayward. Can't see that thing at night....I wish I still had it.

I would sleep with a self defense weapon as well.

As for the gun freaks...people generally aren't serious when they talk like that. But some people do take the security of life and home very seriously. As a kid my mom and I lived in SoCal in the ghetto. She had a 12g pump under the bed...single mother...little kid...sometimes it smart. But I wasn't your average dumb idiot kid. I've always had the right balance of respect/fear/understanding of fire arms.

But you are right.....generall...fire arms equals more risk...and generally it's a small minority that would fire to take a human life anyways..it's not as easy as it seems in the movies.

But I am one of those that believes in my right to own a fire arm if I please. I don't any more but if I ever decide to again I will feal no remorse for it. It's a right and a duty at times to defend your property, your self and your loved ones...shoot..even your pets.

But I wouldn't advise going American History X on a car thief.

Glad you are o.k. Keep an eye out for the car. I'd venture to guess they had one thing in mind and quite posibly it was your spare keys....I'd look for them.