My gruppe-s nightmare (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 06 sgm obs
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo

remember that one guy who posted about a bad experience with MPJ and posted about it? Remember how much he got flamed? I hope that doesn't happen to you and something good will come out of this.

Ditto. What's with all the vendor / shop groupies here?

The work quality of a shop matters little to me when it has poor customer service. This always results in putting a lot of stress and angst on my shoulders when mistakes happen.

Last edited by pingu; 04-27-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
PS. Humboldt rocks.
In some ways yep! You going to rim?

BTW, i am in NO way affiliated with GS. Just my observations and other LEGIT knowledge of the situation. And I understand your comment about how I approaced it but that's what liars get in return. That guy lied about his car and then tries to take it out on one of the best and nicest people in the tuning community. F*ck him.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Here is how I see it. Most of the shops in the area are all friends. Owned by friends with friends working there. Friends give friends breaks. On price, on time, if anything goes wrong.

So since customers and those providing customer service are all friends, it is not your typical customer service. You want your *** kissed and "excusemed" and "goahead" and "ohsomeonewillbewithyouinjustonemoment" should go to PepBoys. Otherwise you must act like a customer. Pay sales tax all the time, don't try to bargain over the price, sign wavers and not wonder around the shop and pay overtime. Stuff like this.

My previous comments is not directed at "Matt". They are directed at those people who are *****ing about having to wait in a lobby in order to get a part that noone else in the area has in stock and pay close to nothing for it.

That's how I see it.

Oh yeah, if possible, was this guy given a special break on price or did he just pay the bill straight up. Just out of curiosity.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Talking

Originally Posted by Imprezer
Here is how I see it. Most of the shops in the area are all friends. Owned by friends with friends working there. Friends give friends breaks. On price, on time, if anything goes wrong.

So since customers and those providing customer service are all friends, it is not your typical customer service. You want your *** kissed and "excusemed" and "goahead" and "ohsomeonewillbewithyouinjustonemoment" should go to PepBoys. Otherwise you must act like a customer. Pay sales tax all the time, don't try to bargain over the price, sign wavers and not wonder around the shop and pay overtime. Stuff like this.

My previous comments is not directed at "Matt". They are directed at those people who are *****ing about having to wait in a lobby in order to get a part that noone else in the area has in stock and pay close to nothing for it.

That's how I see it.

Oh yeah, if possible, was this guy given a special break on price or did he just pay the bill straight up. Just out of curiosity.
wtf...someone should ban this foo...
Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
He is banned already.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:31 AM

Car Info: sc300
dibs
Old 04-29-2006, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 06 sgm obs
Originally Posted by Imprezer

That's how I see it.

To summarize your point, friends or friend of a friend of the shop owners get special price discounts and get to run around the shop as if they own the place. That's fine with me.

You give an impression that these shops are very insular and unfriendly towards people "outside the loop". WTF should non-friend customers should suck it up and endure sub-par customer service? That's very unprofessional. I think you're doing a great service to these shops with your comments.