My gruppe-s nightmare (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Anytime I have delt with Gruppe-s it has been a pleasant deal, dont have much in stock, but I have never felt out of place. they even kept the doors open for me one night when i got there 15 minutes after they closed. most places wont do that.
but that is just my experience. sorry to hear you had a bad experience, hopefully everything gets taken care of.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
If you don't know people personally there, you're gonna be stuck waiting until an unlucky worker walks into the lobby accidentally and HAS to talk to you. Hell, Moike made me wait over 2 hours since he "forgot" to plan my tuning. The whole fanboy thing is what makes it hard to find a good shop with truly good service.

remember that one guy who posted about a bad experience with MPJ and posted about it? Remember how much he got flamed? I hope that doesn't happen to you and something good will come out of this.
unlucky worker has to talk to me? wowa... whats up with the attack? i'm was just saying what happend. =X

Last edited by RU-X; 04-26-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:30 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Gruppe-S is great for getting parts, but for service I'd rather go elsewhere. Not knocking them or anything, but a busy shop like that sometimes can't pay close attention to detail.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:32 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Originally Posted by RU-X
unlucky worker has to talk to me? wowa... whats up with the attack? i'm was just saying what happend. =X
I don't think he was attacking you, just merely pointing out the fact that unless you know someone there, there will be a reluctant worker there to "help" whoever is in the lobby.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:59 AM

Car Info: sc300
crappy service is why i am learning to become a tech. ive never been to gruppe-s...

what i can say though is no shop is perfect. every shop will have their good/bad days. sometimes the good outweight the bad and sometimes the other way around.

sorry to hear about your bad experience, but thank you for sharing.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
sorry to hear about all of you guys.

The only thing I've seen with Gruppe-S is they have a problem between purchasing and shipping, I've bought a couple things which didn't get shipped till I called a couple days later.

Other than that, they've always taken care of me. Moike is a dream to work with IMO, hell, try walking straight into disney, not gonna happen, sometimes you gotta wait in line a few minutes...and that's cuz there isn't a disneyland in every town, if you know what I mean.

For the service and support I get from them, I don't mind waiting. Hell, if it weren't for the shop, I don't think Gruppe-S would even have a "physical location" for people to go to.

and I'm not just some fanboy, I've taken the STi up there numerous times and have had a pleasant experience each and every time
Old 04-26-2006, 01:41 AM

Car Info: wrx02
That sounds really bad. Looking at the previous posts, may be they have too much customers and grown fat - and no longer appreciating business when it gets down to an individual. Time for them to pay attention to customer service.

Last edited by willow; 04-26-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
Hell, if it weren't for the shop, I don't think Gruppe-S would even have a "physical location" for people to go to.
MAybe its because Im so tired, but isnt that redundant? "If it werent for the shop, they wouldnt have a shop"
Old 04-26-2006, 02:14 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
I think people will agree that although in terms of atmosphere/customer service/whatever Gruppe-S may not be the best but come on, it's a CAR SHOP, and they've got the best prices on a lot of stuff. That's good enough for me. The fact that you can buy parts, have the installed, and tuned in the same place: how many other shops have that? Vishnu? Expensive as heck. I-speed/Crawford? uh....

Gruppe-S is a parts company and a labor/tuning company. Mike and the techs are busy tuning cars, the guys in parts are busy filing paperwork and processing sales orders. I guess what some people are saying is they want Gruppe-S to hire a secretary.

And if anyone from G-S reads this yes, that's what I'd like a see: a full time female secretary to man the lobby and keep waiting customers company Shoot, when I call Forced Performance a woman picks up, and in that bubbly customer service voice tells me the compressor housings are out of stock

Last edited by verc; 04-26-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by verc
And if anyone from G-S reads this yes, that's what I'd like a see: a full time female secretary to man the lobby and keep waiting customers company
+1.. yEE YEE!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:55 AM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by KGB4187
MAybe its because Im so tired, but isnt that redundant? "If it werent for the shop, they wouldnt have a shop"
no if you looked carefully he said physical location for people to go to. dunno if he meant it this way but he could be referring to it just bein a parts shipping company in a warehouse with a website. lotsa places like that too.. just a thought
robz

Originally Posted by SubyN00by:
Hell, if it weren't for the shop, I don't think Gruppe-S would even have a "physical location" for people to go to.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I too ofund a couple of things out of place when I picked up my car. No biggie, I fixed 'em, let them know and moved on. I don't think I'd be to happy if my car was returned in that condition. With that said...
I can not say enough about Gruppe-s and Mike. As matter of fact if I say too much I'll be in trouble. Anyway, Mike helped me out when I really needed it. You couldn't fathom the problems I have had in the last four months. I am 100% certain that without Mike's help, advice, and willingness to help someone out in a pickle, I'd be screwed. I wasn't a Gruppe-s fanboy prior to my mess. Without regret I say "I am now". I have a tough time believing that Mike didn't try to help you out. He always says they are busy. Yet he always finds time. Regarless I am certain everthing will work out. I hope you tried to work things out with them before you posted this. Other wise that's just wrong.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:06 AM

Most people waiting in the lobby are having their car serviced and is pretty much pergatory between sales and service. No one is there... If you need sales go into the sales dept, and if need tuning/install-- Mike's office is on the left. Maybe they should post a sign in the lobby.... but I think it's kind of silly to complain that it's poor customer service, more like poor layout.

As far as your story goes..... it sounds like there's more to the story. At any rate Mike has put some time on the hydra with Mark's car but that was a special case as he typically doesn't like to learn on a customer's car, particularly one with so much work and custom stuff. What was specifically done for your car? It sound's like they were tasked with getting the car running and expectations did not align with reality. It also sounds like they where hesitant to touch the car for whatever reason.

I know the shop well and Mike is usually very accomodating, and does whatever he can to help customers out. I noticed that he seems a lot more busy these days and he has a lot of projects going. Maybe you have a legitimate beef, we will see what gruppe-s says.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
The car WAS running. I think he was complaining about the fact that he had communicated with Mike/Gruppe-S about his plans to fly up to pick up the car, and they failed to inform him that the car was in no state to be driven down to LA. I'll let Matt speak for himself though.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:12 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by verc
And if anyone from G-S reads this yes, that's what I'd like a see: a full time female secretary to man the lobby and keep waiting customers company
+1 id be hatterooin' there for sure lol

to be honest...im not really a "fan boy" of gruppe-s but when i had to get my clutch done there on my 01 RS mike was more than helpful with setting me up the time, getting a part that was left out of an order from another vendor and hooked me up big time, he was very helpful, real nice guy and i had good service...after i got the clutch done it worked great, later down the road i thought i had an issue with the car and i told mike about it and he told me to come down anytime, even while he was on vacation and they would do whatever it took to get it fixed! luckily it had nothing to do with the clutch but just an old worn out clutch slave cylinder going kaput lol
i do agree they may need some sort of "lobby rep" but comming from the land of retail and customer service/relations i completely relate to them and see how swamped they are with calls/PM's/msgs/orders/etc so i have sympathy for them and im not upset at them for that because i understand, but not everyone may understand. so i dunno...ive been to gruppe-s a couple of times and they were always cool to me
Originally Posted by mnavarro
Most people waiting in the lobby are having their car serviced and is pretty much pergatory between sales and service. No one is there... If you need sales go into the sales dept, and if need tuning/install-- Mike's office is on the left. Maybe they should post a sign in the lobby.... but I think it's kind of silly to complain that it's poor customer service, more like poor layout.
i agree it may be a poor choice in layout, but sometimes you have to make do with ya got....to me, ive always done what was said above...walk to the left for moike....walked to the right for parts....whenever ive gone in, gary, preston, and teh_hatteroo #2 (greg lol ) have helped me out and have always been very helpful

BTW - I'm not disregarding your situation and saying ur full of it at all...im jsut explaining my situations at gruppe-s and i hope you two can resolve the issue in a good way

Last edited by Hatteroo; 04-26-2006 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply: My gruppe-s nightmare (kinda long)