My Glock Stress Test = Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
My Glock Stress Test = Results

Glock 17 + 1,500 rounds of copper jacketed ammo = ?

There was no cleaning at ALL during this... I would shoot 300 rounds, stop... leave it loaded on my dresser to collect dust and whatever else, take it to the range, 300 more rounds, dresser, repeat. The gun was dirty as hell... dust, fouling, etc...

Got through 1500 rounds (FMJ) without a single hiccup. Not one problem what-so-ever. This is why I love glock!

Thought I'd share with you.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:47 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Not surprising. G17 is a hell of a weapon. I've shot all kinds of ammo, from M882 military ball ammo, to about 15 different kinds of hollow points, to some crappy Silver Bear Russian stuff. Not so much as a hiccup. But accuracy wise, my SIGs always outshoot the Glocks.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

guess you werent using WOLF ammo... lol....
Old 12-27-2005, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
guess you werent using WOLF ammo... lol....
It'll shoot Wolf too, but I know better.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:09 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

tell you the truth, i went through a case of wolf... for my 9mm 226.

it was dirty as heck.

the ejection port looked like grayish. it cleaned up well, but scared me though...
Old 12-27-2005, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
tell you the truth, i went through a case of wolf... for my 9mm 226.

it was dirty as heck.

the ejection port looked like grayish. it cleaned up well, but scared me though...
Yeah Wolf is pretty dirty stuff. It leaves all kinds of residue in the gun cuz of the polymer coating on the ammo. So far, my P226 and other 9mms like Fed. American Eagle and M882 ball the best. Can't beat it.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i remember reading about glocks a while back, and to prove their durability, they took 40 guns, and had random dismantled parts, and peopel would just random parts, and then assemble the guns together, fire thousands of rounds, and had no problems
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
i remember reading about glocks a while back, and to prove their durability, they took 40 guns, and had random dismantled parts, and peopel would just random parts, and then assemble the guns together, fire thousands of rounds, and had no problems
Thats because their manufacturing tolerances are pretty loose compared to SIGs and HKs. Good for reliability, but not optimized for accuracy.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:18 PM

Car Info: N/A
Any of you guys own an XD? If so how would you compare it to the Glock?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
Any of you guys own an XD? If so how would you compare it to the Glock?
I don't personally own one, but I did plenty of research on both, and spoke to several owners who have both an XD and a glock. From what I gathered their price difference is pretty representative of their quality difference. The XD is about 8-9/10 the price of a comperable glock and is about 8-9/10 as good. So if money is a real big issue, you get what you pay for in the XD; no more, no less. The biggest difference, independant of cost, is the grip angle. I personally don't like the angle of the Glock grip one bit, so once I decide to buy another pistol I i'll personally purchase an XD with no regard to the cost savings solely based on the grip. This is something you really need to try to see what you prefer. I tried a Glock 22, a Glock 23, an XD40, and a SA 1911A1 Mil-Spec and fell in love with the grip angle that the XD and 1911's share. For 99.9% of buyers out there the XD will be plenty reliable for plinking and home defence. For those that trust their lives to these things daily, such as cops etc., then the 1-2/10 difference may be important.

-Chris
Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by brucelee
Glock 17 + 1,500 rounds of copper jacketed ammo = ?

There was no cleaning at ALL during this... I would shoot 300 rounds, stop... leave it loaded on my dresser to collect dust and whatever else, take it to the range, 300 more rounds, dresser, repeat. The gun was dirty as hell... dust, fouling, etc...

Got through 1500 rounds (FMJ) without a single hiccup. Not one problem what-so-ever. This is why I love glock!

Thought I'd share with you.

That has nothing to do with stress. That is more of a reliabilty test.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:59 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
I find failures often stem from bad rounds. I hate "American Eagle" by Federal. Everything federal makes is quality except their "American Eagle" line. I think they use bad primers or something.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ish
That has nothing to do with stress. That is more of a reliabilty test.

The engineer always has to **** in our cereal.

-Chris
Old 12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
so what would be the best pistol to start out with, from a novice's standpoint?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
so what would be the best pistol to start out with, from a novice's standpoint?

I asked the same question about a month and a half ago and got a fuzzy answer. There is no simple 'buy x' from what more knowledgeable people have told me. But I did narrow it down to Glocks, XD series, a 1911 variant, Baretta 92, or a Sig. This isn't just the list for novices, but for those looking for a quality peice in general. Most important is comfort followed by budget. If you are TOTALLY unfamiliar with firearms, you may want to start with a .22, maybe a nice little Ruger. Otherwise just try as many as you can in terms of both size and caliber and purchase what makes your grin the biggest within your budget. Pick within the the brands listed above and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. I'm by no means an expert, but I just went through the 'my first pistol' process and thats what worked for me.

-Chris

also keep in mind that no caliber is universally better for a novice. Usually the smaller the better in terms of learning but not necessarily. I, for example, found the recoil from a Glock .40 and even 9mm to be less comfortable than .45 in a 1911 because the Glock is lighter and the muzzle seemed to 'snap up' more violently. The 1911 in .45 however feels more like a stong but much slower 'shove.'

Quick Reply: My Glock Stress Test = Results