my friend got owned on Ebay...need advice asap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:31 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
my friend got owned on Ebay...need advice asap

here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2501800465

if you read the description is saiys actual Item is a picture and it is listed in art...

What happened is that he bid on the auction thinking it was for an actual PS2, but he didnt read the description which actually said it was for just a picture...this auction was clearly made to trick the buyers...
What do you think he should do, or actually, what CAN he do...?

take a look at the auction and let me know if you have any ideas that I can pass along to him.
Thanks,
Zoeb
Old 01-27-2003, 03:52 PM

Well nothing was really clear on this auction...putting the picture on there makes you think that is what you are getting.

He can file a complaint with Ebay or just not pay the guy..unless he has..which is frustrating.

If you look at his feedback..it isn't pretty..I am always weary of buying from anyone with negative feedback....just something for him to think about in the future.

Good luck...
Old 01-27-2003, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Yeah,

My wife was jacked recently too! She bought a $200 coach bag. We got it and it was counterfeit! I was fuming, as nowhere in the description was "Replica" or "Knock-off" Listed. Ebay fraud is horrible.

I am still livid over my wife's ordeal. I feel your buddy. That is a total dry **** uckfing.

The only thing is, my wife's seller has no negative feedback, and like 30 positive. Are people that naive to believe that a pleather bag is real? This thing was straight up Korean quality!

Your buddy should have read the negative feedback...that is a key indicator!

Good luck to him!

Andy
Old 01-27-2003, 05:06 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
according to him, he did try conacting the seller and the seller said it was clearly stated in the auction that you are bidding on a picture and he also told him that it was listed under art..is there anything he can do about it?? how about disputing it with paypal.com? the problem is that he did not use his credit card for the transaction so he cannot call the CC company and dispute the charges...
Old 01-27-2003, 06:37 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

dang, what did your friend use? cash or debit?

that does suck.

and the seller does deserve to be tarred and feathered.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
I hate seeing things like that, people misrepresenting their item, hiding bidders names so a concerned ebayer can't contact them. But at the same time you really have to look at this guy's feedback, 12 negatives/neutral out of 75 transactions. As far as getting money back, if it was through paypal they MAY be able to do something about it, but I doubt it. I would contact ebay as well.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
dont pay, eat this jerks negative feedback and put your own reponse to their complain on your feedback... and move on.

jason
Old 01-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
If i could get my hands on people like this, i'd be put away for life... or maybe i'd get me a nice needle of permanent sleep.

I hate, absolutly hate, people who are this shady. so shady to rip off someone, purposfully creating the page to trick a buyer.

He should pick up the phone and call Ebay.

how did he pay?

-Gagan
Old 01-27-2003, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Originally posted by jimhoyd
as ironic as it sounds, I got ripped off too and I work for ebay .. double bummer
Damn, that is pretty sad!

Ebay's fraud dept seems to be a joke. You have to wait 30 days to contact them, but not more than 60? They try to direct you to some other .org sight...

I was dissapointed when I was trying to get at the uckfers that screwed over my wife.

I think that there are many sellers with "hook-ups" and they run fake auctions and get their friends to leave them good feedback. I have found many suspicous things in my investigating.

Andy

Quick Reply: my friend got owned on Ebay...need advice asap