Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
engine currently.

trunk.

engine when I started
DUDE!!!!!

I love it, so the motor, what are the chances of digging up a vintage mechanical FI for her? Run the lowboy stacks for that hidden "diamond in the case" look when you lift the hood.

Gods you make me miss my 70 SS Nova and my 64 SS impalla so much

The 64 was a hard top, Dropped and juiced with 4 pumps 10 batteries (reds) on reds super cylinders. 8 switch box for side side, dump and jump, and 4 way. Candy brandy purple paint with ghost graphics rolling with a white interior and whitewall tires on chrome daytons that had the spokes done in the same candy brandy purple paint. (never was a fan of gold spokes). I sold her and got the nova...ended up building a 427 police presuit block out to 431 or so, merlin heads, and a 671 blower. Stupid Ex-wife made me sell it because "its too scary to ride in" Man I should have got rid of HER faster.

Last edited by Overbear; 03-05-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wrx2fast4ufool
Why so much hate on the evo...you cant be serious that it is Geo metro>evo.....
In all seriousness, my big problem with the evo is the interior. If I am going to drop 40k on a car, the interior better be more than a stock lancer
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM

The sticker should be mirror image and on the front instead of the back. That way, the sedan drivers will be able to see it in the rear view mirror as they leave you in the dust

I don't mind the wagon, but for me, the appearance of the sedan just took it over the benefits in practicality of the wagon. I have driven both and I'd be fine with either.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'd love to get some ardun injection or something like that but ANYTHING cadillac is expensive and the chances of finding one and affording it are about the same as me winning the lottery. Talking THOUSANDS of dollars. And most of those are tuned for drag only so it really wouldn't be streetable.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
Originally Posted by Overbear
In all seriousness, my big problem with the evo is the interior. If I am going to drop 40k on a car, the interior better be more than a stock lancer
I agree with ya there. Interior lacks quite mucho. They only evo X in my area is some 16 year old with an big carbon spoiler. So jealous.

My buddies Datsun smoked it by a car length though
Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Psssh, starting drama where it ain't needed. I mean seriously, driving a wedge between sedans and wagons OF THE SAME MODEL?!

Plus, it's crazy that there's so much hate for the Evo. The Evo's a great car and I might've been in one instead of my WRX had the Evo been released at the same time. And don't get started about interior quality; everyone knows WRX's and STi's don't have the greatest interiors ever.

And to keep this post from being all negative, that S30Z is FAP-WORTHY!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
...cuz bias towards Subarus is the sh*t and they can do no wrong. BEST CAR EVARRRRR
Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Psssh, starting drama where it ain't needed. I mean seriously, driving a wedge between sedans and wagons OF THE SAME MODEL?!

Plus, it's crazy that there's so much hate for the Evo. The Evo's a great car and I might've been in one instead of my WRX had the Evo been released at the same time. And don't get started about interior quality; everyone knows WRX's and STi's don't have the greatest interiors ever.

And to keep this post from being all negative, that S30Z is FAP-WORTHY!
As I said, the evo is a good car, but...I am not going to pay 40k for a car with that interior. The STI has a strong dash, and good overall build quality. Go sit in a new evo, shake the dash, give the door panels a shake, they rattle and creak. Thats just not acceptable in my book for a car so expensive.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Overbear
As I said, the evo is a good car, but...I am not going to pay 40k for a car with that interior. The STI has a strong dash, and good overall build quality. Go sit in a new evo, shake the dash, give the door panels a shake, they rattle and creak. Thats just not acceptable in my book for a car so expensive.
Hmmm, maybe I just haven't been in an Evo X or '08+ STi yet... maybe I'm just stuck in 2004
Old 03-05-2009, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
why you gotta hate on sedans for? I don't hate on wagons. i like all subies! love...its what makes a subaru...a subaru.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
I agree with ya there. Interior lacks quite mucho. They only evo X in my area is some 16 year old with an big carbon spoiler. So jealous.

My buddies Datsun smoked it by a car length though
That car tried to race me before...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I can hold my own with some of the evo's.

Def the evo's we have up here. nto to many of them but i pwn all of them.

The best part is when you are on petaluma hill road and they cant do anything but just sit behind you for 5-6 miles

and the reason i censored for the car is so a mod on here didnt get a bug up his *** and give me points for it

on the wag it isnt censored.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Every advantage a sedan has over my wagon I can fix. But a sedan can't fix the advantages I have with the wagon.
+10000

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

awesome sticker

Originally Posted by Shagon Wagon
+1 ... every sedan owner deep down wishes he owned a wagon.
+10000 again

Greater than
it looks liek a retarded turtle

Originally Posted by PenguinPrincess
why you gotta hate on sedans for? I don't hate on wagons. i like all subies! love...its what makes a subaru...a subaru.
Wow you sedan folks are getting awful upset for something that isnt a big deal. So sensative.

I smell jealousy in the air.

I dont hate sedans, not one bit, but there are things about a wagon that a sedan just could never touch.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

It's not a wagon vs. sedan issue, it's a Subaru on Subaru hate issue.

If you said **** coupes or **** GM6's or **** GDA's or **** Foresters, I'd still say you're an idiot. What you're doing is being divisive, and that's the last thing a tightly-knit car community needs. Simple as that.

The Wagon Mafia decals are different because it's a form of self-promotion that's not at the expense of another. When you go around elevating yourself by bashing someone else, that's when you start an unnecessary, pointless, and counterproductive conflict.

Think before you act.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
+10000
Wow you sedan folks are getting awful upset for something that isnt a big deal. So sensative.

I smell jealousy in the air.

I dont hate sedans, not one bit, but there are things about a wagon that a sedan just could never touch.

no no don't get me wrong. I'm not jealous or sensitive. If I wanted a wagon, I would have gotten one. I used to have a wagon...but I got rid of that for my sedan. I just like the looks of a sedan better. But I don't go around saying sedans are BETTER than wagons or anything like that. All subies rock.

Quick Reply: To My Fellow Wagoneers, Sedans ain't...