My Equilibrium Tuning experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 09:17 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
the whole tune blind thing sounds famliar....
Ok guys... I've stated twice now that Equilibrium Tuning has no bussiness association with I-Speed. I'm not going to argue this anymore, so I guess its up to the individual to believe whatever they like to believe. I have also said that I have a very good relationship with I-Speed, and while this is true, all tuners have their own approach and their own ideas about tuning and this is no exception.

Like I said before several times now, I was able to road tune this STOCK wrx without a wideband because on a stock car it is quite easy to infer a safe a/f level from the other data available to me. We will put this car on a dyno with a wideband soon and see that the a/f is indeed quite safe. I'll also re-state that I do consider a wideband a very useful tuning tool and necessary on pretty much any WRX with anything more than a catback exhaust.

The other point I'd like to make very clear is that I give my customers a choice of road tuning, dyno tuning (at Gruppe-S or ATP), or a combination of both (which ideally, is what every tune should consist of). In the near future, all of my road tuning will also employ a wideband O2 sensor, so my customers will have even more choice of the direction they want to go with their tune and always be assured of safe a/f levels no matter if they choose road tuning or dyno tuning.

Thanks
-- Ed

Equilibrium Tuning

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 02-09-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Now that all of that is out of the way,

I'd like to say a couple of things about my own approach to tuning and bussiness in general. I understand that performance is very important to most of the enthusiasts out there. While performance is deffinately important to me as well, I believe that safety, reliability, and above all else happy customers are what drive a good tuning bussiness. I personally don't like super aggresive tunes on street driven cars as I believe those belong on dedicated race cars that never run pump gas. In my tuning, I focus on drivability, responsiveness, reliability, very smooth power delivery and finally, competitive overall power levels. I also try to work with the customer to figure out what they want from the car and tailor the tune to their liking and needs... of course this goes hand in hand with making the customer happy.

Thanks
-- Ed

Equilibrium Tuning
Old 02-09-2005, 11:29 PM

Car Info: evo8
well duo was at my house tonight working on his headlightsso i decided to give his car a couple of runs down the road and im impressed how it pulled.1st to 3rd came fast and was just pulling,considering its bone stock i wonder how its gonna feel with mods on it
Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by I-Speed USA
Sorry to spoil the i-club hanging session but, Ed is in no way affiliated with I-Speed.
It is true we have emailed each other. It is even true we have even talked on the phone. The again it's true that I have conversations with Adam and Noah at LIC , and several other friends of mine in the Bay Area.

Sorry Ed for the hijack. Keep up the good work and good luck

Chris

Awww, aren't you cute?
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by I-Speed USA
Keep up the good work and good luck

Chris
Thanks Chris!

Feel free to chime in on any of my posts.

-- Ed

Equilibrium Tuning
Old 02-15-2005, 07:14 PM

Car Info: X-Wing: ECU Tuner
Originally Posted by brucelee
Interesting... I talked with a few people, and all of them say you were directly, and are now indirectly assosiated with I-speed... that you are their nor-cal tuner.

If you are, please admit it and lets get this over with.

All speed is good speed, except for i-speed.
I think it would be better qouted as

All speed is good speed, except for bruce speed.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by skywalker
I think it would be better qouted as

All speed is good speed, except for bruce speed.

Thats right... cuz we all know what bruce speed is.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:38 AM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
Tonight i had my car dynoed at gruppe-s. First i would like to thank mike for staying late(not that he wasnt going to already..man works hard). My numbers were 171whp and 180.8 ft/lbs of torque this is totally stock with just a reflash, mike told me that stock wrxs dyno at 150whp so it is still the same gains as i said in my first post. The afr was very safe keep at 11:1 the whole way and went very rich at the top end, so there's deffinately still some power left on the table. Just goes to show what a good tuner ed is. Hope that puts you at ease brucelee The car still feels great and i couldnt be happier
Old 02-19-2005, 01:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Duo, actually the a/f was bellow 11:1 the whole way and went quite rich up top. I'm sure we'll be able to get a bit more safe power out of your car as soon as I have my portable wideband all squared away. Stay tuned for more results .

Thanks
-- Ed

Equilibrium Tuning
Old 10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
bumpin to the oldies!