My black cat is missing.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Unhappy My black cat is missing.

Went missing the day before Halloween. Haven't seen her since. She is indoor/outdoor and usually, we bring her in for Halloween and 4th of July just in case of d-bags effing with black cats. She did not come when called on the day before Halloween.

Getting worried...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
My cat that I had when I was a kid would always go missing for sometimes 2 weeks straight but would always come back. I'm sure your cat Is fine.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

She's gone missing before, but I am scared because it is around Halloween...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
Hopefully she will return soon, and not preggo either.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
That sucks

I'm hoping for the best.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
that does suck good luck hope its safe and sound, i had my mom put in our 3 new black cats, she didn't know much about what goes on by some jerks during halloween time.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I hate hearing about stuff like this As the owner of 3 black cats (all of whom were rescued, one from the pound and the other two from fields when they were babies) I can sympathize. Two of our cats come home after they get hungry, but one of them, who was found in a field when she was a baby in the dead of winter, wet, and starving to death likes to leave for days at a time sometimes... We always freak out but she ALWAYS comes back.

All our cats are fixed and microchipped... Is your cat microchipped?

Here's a picture of our black female cat on the day we found her (on the floor of our bathroom). She's by far my fav...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
It's because of people like brucelee I still have hope for humanity. Well played sir, well done!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM

^^^

That's nice of you to say. In case you didn't know, I'm a huge animal lover! Every year I organize our annual subaru meet (BAM), all proceeds go to the Furry Friends animal rescue which do a huge part in saving the lives of homeless animals (basically they use every day people to go into shelters and adopt animals before they are put to death to give them the needed time to find a home... They advertise these animals on their website so you can go to their site and adopt an animal that would otherwise be dead). Furry Friends also helps with medical bills, fixing, food, etc. They are non-profit and its 100% run by volunteers.

The reason we have 3 black cats is because black cats in particular are put to death the most often because of the idiotic superstition/taboo that comes with "evil black cats". People believe they are bad luck and don't adopt them for that reason alone... If not that, people don't think they are interesting looking enough and thus they are put down at shelters the most, by FAR. For this reason alone we decided to keep these 3 particular cats.

We've captured a lot of homeless/feral cats, get them to the shelter so that they can be nuetered/spayed (to help the population problem), and we return them back to where we found them (if we can't find them homes) after they heal from their surgery (usually takes a few days)... The cats that we rescued would otherwise be dead if we didn't adopt them. The two that we rescued from fields were solo (without family) and so young that they couldn't feed themselves, not to mention that they were in really bad situations... Both found in the winter, both were wet and starving to death. Without human intervention they'd both be dead. Both of them also had upper respiratory infections that had to be treated. The cat we got from the pound was also sick, and was about to be put down because they didn't have room to keep a sick/homeless cat (due to the spreading of infection). We adopted him and got him the help he needed, and now he's a hyper healthy boy (though he's small from malnourishment when he was a baby).

A message to everyone, PLEASE spay/neuter your cats! Cats reproduce at an astronomical rate, and not only will you help with overpopulation, but you'll help increase their life span and quality of life! (same goes for dogs, but cats are way worse).

Currently we have one dog and 3 cats... We'd have more but we don't have anymore room since our place is pretty small as it is.

Last edited by brucelee; 11-02-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, she was a rescue and all of our animals are chipped.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by ryball
Yeah, she was a rescue and all of our animals are chipped.
*pats ryball on back*

My wife and I wish you the best of luck in finding your kitty.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Lost time when my cat didn't show up for a few days, she was locked in my outside storage shelter/house. Didn't know she went in there and I closed the door. I was looking everywhere except there. She was thirsty and hungry. Check your most obvious place 1st.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by willow
Lost time when my cat didn't show up for a few days, she was locked in my outside storage shelter/house. Didn't know she went in there and I closed the door. I was looking everywhere except there. She was thirsty and hungry. Check your most obvious place 1st.
*Checks ryball's anus*

Nope, not in there...

*check's my own anus*

Hmmmm... Is that a cat? Oh wait, that's the ________ we used the other night to get kinky.

<---- Said too much, sorry Ryan, I know I told you that I wouldn't tell anyone, it just slipped out!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
*Checks ryball's anus*

Nope, not in there...

*check's my own anus*

Hmmmm... Is that a cat? Oh wait, that's the ________ we used the other night to get kinky.

<---- Said too much, sorry Ryan, I know I told you that I wouldn't tell anyone, it just slipped out!
That tends to happen when you have an anus as loose as yours.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by brucelee
*Checks ryball's anus*

Nope, not in there...

*check's my own anus*

what the fuuuuuuuu...........

Quick Reply: My black cat is missing.