Moto GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Dont call it Speed Vision, because thats what it was called when it was actually a good station!

I'm down for a protest, i hate SPEED. I wanna make up some clever shirts.
WORD! I just want to find the highest up guy from speed at the event and throw a cream pie in his/her face.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by warchildSTI
I was there that year, yea it was $4 a bottle at first but then they started giving it out for free, it was crazy. On the way out the people up in that paddock thing were dumping water on us and throwing down tons of bottled water to the huge crowd that was leaving, which was fun. Dude it was so hot that day the 600 class didn't even run and track temp was like 140 almost, i hope its not that hot again!!! It was almost too hot to enjoy the race...
Screw coca-cola they didn't lower the price of water until the end of all the races... The track temp before motogp was 158!! they almost didn't run. But I am about two miles from Laguna right now and its a blisterning 70 degrees, it won't be that hot this year
Old 06-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I'll be there on Sun
Old 06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Who's going
What are you riding there
When
How
and sometimes Why

I'm going to work on my photography, and my lens cleaning abilities
Man, for the next few days I'm actually going to be GLAD I don't live down there anymore.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:36 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by debbid
Won't be making it this year unfortunately. So, I'll just be watching it from the couch
Same here, beer and snacks with the tv on. I might stroll down to MotoGio because they host it with a bbq and discounts on parts.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 AM

Car Info: DGM 14 BRZ
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Man, for the next few days I'm actually going to be GLAD I don't live down there anymore.

AMEN!!
on thursday i make 110% sure i have enough food and beer so i dont have to leave the house the entire weekend for any reason,moto GP,marina autocross,4th fire works/parade,aptos pancake thing,hordes of bay area tourists etc. i cant deal. dont get me wrong i love motorsports but living here its just to much to deal with this weekend.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:51 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by tonuprocker
AMEN!!
on thursday i make 110% sure i have enough food and beer so i dont have to leave the house the entire weekend for any reason,moto GP,marina autocross,4th fire works/parade,aptos pancake thing,hordes of bay area tourists etc. i cant deal. dont get me wrong i love motorsports but living here its just to much to deal with this weekend.

I totally understand you, but wassup with the people who live on the hills neighboring Laguna Seca, every motorcycle trackday held there has a "aftermarket exhaust restriction". I mean come on, you live next to a race track and expect THAT much piece and quiet. I know people with stock gsxr-1000s that got dinged for being too loud for that track.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by sammae01
I totally understand you, but wassup with the people who live on the hills neighboring Laguna Seca, every motorcycle trackday held there has a "aftermarket exhaust restriction". I mean come on, you live next to a race track and expect THAT much piece and quiet. I know people with stock gsxr-1000s that got dinged for being too loud for that track.
It's the same old crap. People bought the land because it was cheap because there was a race track there - most likely had to sign paperwork disclosing the possibility of noise disturbance etc, but now have found a way to have their cake and eat it too. This happens a lot with small airfields too. People, in general, suck. A stock '03 Z06 will get black flagged running WOT up the hill. Race tracks are no longer fun when you have to slow down in a turn so you don't upset *******s.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
Thursday should be a fun day to go to. Looks like the boys will be karting it on the track against each other. It's a free event as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i still dont understand why someone cant buy a few hills off I-5 to build a little track on. Insurance must really suck to deal with i guess.

My dream is to buy a small Mountain in the middle of nowhere, build one way roads on it ranging from green circle to double diamond, complete with stop light intersections aka the only time you have to drive responsibly Enough people paying $50 for a day pass (cheaper than snowboarding mind you) i think you could break even money wise
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
i still dont understand why someone cant buy a few hills off I-5 to build a little track on. Insurance must really suck to deal with i guess.

My dream is to buy a small Mountain in the middle of nowhere, build one way roads on it ranging from green circle to double diamond, complete with stop light intersections aka the only time you have to drive responsibly Enough people paying $50 for a day pass (cheaper than snowboarding mind you) i think you could break even money wise
Why have intersections when you can have high-banked round-a-bouts????
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
haha now youre thinking! obviously i would favor roundabouts on flat ground. but on super JDM 20% grade runs, there would be no room. ok how about Yield signs? which is basically a stop sign.

I think stop signs are the reason for a good 10% of air pollution. Stop signs should be replaced by "Safe" signs.

Why does someone rolling a stop get a ticket even though they looked both ways for kids/cars, when others slam on their brakes and stop and take off not looking and receive no ticket?

/rant
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Race was awesome! Didn't have a problem with traffic until I tried to take the 152 to get back to the 101...mostly a 4th of July weekend issue then a race issue. Seriously though great racing, great weather, can't wait till next year.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by sammae01
It's not just motorcycles, it's actually every event there, the big ones just pay the fines up front/bring enough enough money to the area that the city ignores the people that complain.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Car Info: '14 Cayman
Rossi closing a 2 second gap on the last lap was crazy, granted padrosa said he let up a bit because he saw the gap on his dash board. the last two turns were probably the most exciting.

nonetheless, rossi never says die and is pretty sick

Quick Reply: Moto GP