Old 12-08-2006, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by SUBY_6_STI
RaginHomo...

let it go

nobody cares about you

so please STFU

and have a good night

+1, this thread was never meant to be a debate, you made it that way with your perceptions...thats all they are YOUR perceptions, so pls stop trying to force them upon us and make them ours...TIA

/thread
Old 12-08-2006, 06:05 PM

Car Info: E46 M. E36 M. E30. SW20. 92 VWCab.08 Civic HYBRID
SUBY

Your the one that lives in Frisco homo....take your own advice and have a good night!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 PM

midnite I never meant for this to be a debate either...Its not my fault people disagreed and wanted to prove my opinion wrong. Not to mention dish out insults while they were at it!

Last edited by RaginBull; 12-08-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by RaginBull
midnite I never meant for this to be a debate either...Its not my fault people disagreed and wanted to prove my opinion wrong
you wanted to try to prove everyone wrong too...there is alotta ppl on this forum so there wouldve been a wide array of responses, you didnt have to try to refute each and everyone of them... you should have just let it go... this thread would be about 2 pages long right now if you had...
Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
you wanted to try to prove everyone wrong too...there is alotta ppl on this forum so there wouldve been a wide array of responses, you didnt have to try to refute each and everyone of them... you should have just let it go... this thread would be about 2 pages long right now if you had...

I can tolerate debates..not the insults
Old 12-08-2006, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

I said my apology and that was SUPPOSED to be the end of it. However, you wanted to play devil's advocate while being the opposition and deliborately INSULTING me. You failed, thats why your *** went on a tangent about facts. You miserably FAILED but TRIED to segway this into a debate about facts when the orginal argument was CAUSE and EFFECT! What a fake and pathetic strategy. Try to beat him at a different argument to not look stupid, what a concept eh. Anyways, you just admitted but tried to downplay the admission by saying PROBABLY so you lose!

"Maybe if you weren't such a ***** the dealership would have fixed your fourth gear syncro. But hey..that's just a theory. Funny how mine got fixed no questions asked and my car had a lot more than lowered suspension."

Is that the best you got? Thats terrible judgement on your part. Dealerships could care less whether your a ***** or not....being a ***** doesnt help pay their bills. Its called Money not attitude (but you knew that right?).

For the record, you started with the insults not me. Debates and arguments can be conducted without them. People usually start the insults when they have no other strategy to make the opposition look bad. Take notes so you won't make yourself look pathetic in future debates!

OneManArmy, you are 100% correct - this is like arguing with a religious fanatic who can only be right, even when they are wrong.

RagingBull: The main problem I see here after reading all this stuff is that it appears as if you are basically (in short) saying that ramming Ipecac off the road is a perfectly normal, acceptable response to his hand gesture, and that he should have known would happen.

Flipping someone off happens all the time. People cut me off and then flip me off on a daily basis. I feel sorry for them, because it must really suck to see the world through their eyes. Anyway, honking, flipping back, yelling, etc - these are all perfectly acceptable responses. It is normal for people to flip other people off on the freeway - not nice, but normal. Ramming someone off the road is akin to running into a convenience store and firing off rounds or pushing someone off a ledge.

If you cannot see this simple notion, then you have no ability to really understand what EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR YOU in this thread is saying. I am not saying majority rules, I am saying you have a problem. You mention logic, but yours isn't working. You have a right to your opinion, but the thing is - you are way off base here and there are lots of people that have carefully tried to show you this.

I expect you to have a snappy and flippant response to this detailing how I too am an idiot, but the truth is - you are wrong and you are coming from a different place than others are. Ramming someone off the road is OUT OF CONTROL no matter what hand gestures someone shows PERIOD. There is a chance that Ipecac would not have experienced any other problems if he hadn't flipped the guy off, but THAT IS COMPLETELY IMMATERIAL and would only be mentioned to stir **** up. Which you have done quite nicely. Flipping the guy off was a perfectly normal reaction to the guy driving dangerously and putting him at risk even before he rammed him.

I don't flip people off because I see no point in it. Usually I smile and wave or give a thumbs up - which seems to usually disarm the situation as the person cannot understand why I didn't react correctly inspiring it to be taken to the next level.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:38 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by wombatsauce
Flipping someone off happens all the time. People cut me off and then flip me off on a daily basis. I feel sorry for them, because it must really suck to see the world through their eyes. Anyway, honking, flipping back, yelling, etc - these are all perfectly acceptable responses. It is normal for people to flip other people off on the freeway - not nice, but normal. Ramming someone off the road is akin to running into a convenience store and firing off rounds or pushing someone off a ledge.
I don't consider giving people the finger or honking my horn to let drivers know how pissed I am to be acceptable behavior. Neither is using a vehicle to strike another vehicle. These are all just varying degrees of road rage.

I don't flip people off. I don't use my horn except to alert someone that they are moving over on me because I may have come up in their blind spot.

Yes, I see dumbasses driving on public roads almost every day but I don't react to them. If I see something truly hazardous, I will report it by calling 9-1-1. By hazardous, this could be a dangerous driver on the road or someone changing a flat tire but not pulled far enough off the shoulder to avoid a possible rear-ender. When someone tailgates me with the intent to try to make me speed up, I will pull over to let them pass if it is safe to do so. They have an appointment with an accident or the CHP and who am I to hold them back?

No one has ever rammed my vehicle on purpose.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-08-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
OneManArmy, you are 100% correct - this is like arguing with a religious fanatic who can only be right, even when they are wrong.

RagingBull: The main problem I see here after reading all this stuff is that it appears as if you are basically (in short) saying that ramming Ipecac off the road is a perfectly normal, acceptable response to his hand gesture, and that he should have known would happen.

If you cannot see this simple notion, then you have no ability to really understand what EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR YOU in this thread is saying. I am not saying majority rules, I am saying you have a problem. You mention logic, but yours isn't working. You have a right to your opinion, but the thing is - you are way off base here and there are lots of people that have carefully tried to show you this.

I expect you to have a snappy and flippant response to this detailing how I too am an idiot, but the truth is - you are wrong and you are coming from a different place than others are. Ramming someone off the road is OUT OF CONTROL no matter what hand gestures someone shows PERIOD. There is a chance that Ipecac would not have experienced any other problems if he hadn't flipped the guy off, but THAT IS COMPLETELY IMMATERIAL and would only be mentioned to stir **** up. Which you have done quite nicely. Flipping the guy off was a perfectly normal reaction to the guy driving dangerously and putting him at risk even before he rammed him.

I don't flip people off because I see no point in it. Usually I smile and wave or give a thumbs up - which seems to usually disarm the situation as the person cannot understand why I didn't react correctly inspiring it to be taken to the next level.

First off, I completely respect the noninsulting educated response that you have provided. Thus, you shall receive the same courtesy in return.

"RagingBull: The main problem I see here after reading all this stuff is that it appears as if you are basically (in short) saying that ramming Ipecac off the road is a perfectly normal, acceptable response to his hand gesture, and that he should have known would happen. "

I really do not see how you can gather the fact that i find it acceptable. So to tell you the truth, your way off. What I am saying is that don't be surprised at what people can and will do out there. In other words, don't take this world for granted. Just because the last 10 times you flipped someone off and nothing happens, doesn't mean it won't be a different story tomorrow. When you raise your hand and point that middle finger in the air, you've only escalated the aggression of the person who is already aggressive. All i am saying is if he would not have flipped him off and would have been more humble, this would not have happened. Again, I never said ramming was normal or acceptable

"Flipping someone off happens all the time. People cut me off and then flip me off on a daily basis. I feel sorry for them, because it must really suck to see the world through their eyes. Anyway, honking, flipping back, yelling, etc - these are all perfectly acceptable responses. It is normal for people to flip other people off on the freeway - not nice, but normal. Ramming someone off the road is akin to running into a convenience store and firing off rounds or pushing someone off a ledge. "

Let me ask you this....so If I were to flip someone off and they come over and sock me in the face, should i be surprised that he did that? Or would a more appropriate and normal response be hey **** you back? What your doing is making reference to what an appropriate and inappropriate response to aggression is during road rage. No such thing! There are no rules of engagement. Thus, when you flip someone off you are taking a risk of it escalating to something even bigger (of course depending on the person), which could have even costed him his life. By you stating that people just brush it off normally right? Thats an obvious expression of taking other people's response for granted.

"If you cannot see this simple notion, then you have no ability to really understand what EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR YOU in this thread is saying. I am not saying majority rules, I am saying you have a problem. You mention logic, but yours isn't working. You have a right to your opinion, but the thing is - you are way off base here and there are lots of people that have carefully tried to show you this."

Now if you can't comprehend what I just said in the last the responses to your last points than your the one who's helpless. It is neglegent as an operator of a vehicle to flip off an aggressive driver and to underestimate and misjudge their reactions. So let me ask you this. Are you saying that people should continue to NOT use DISCRETION while flipping the bird as you insinuate? Well if thats the case, then don't be surpised to see more posts of this nature in the near future.

"I expect you to have a snappy and flippant response to this detailing how I too am an idiot, but the truth is - you are wrong and you are coming from a different place than others are. Ramming someone off the road is OUT OF CONTROL no matter what hand gestures someone shows PERIOD. There is a chance that Ipecac would not have experienced any other problems if he hadn't flipped the guy off, but THAT IS COMPLETELY IMMATERIAL and would only be mentioned to stir **** up. Which you have done quite nicely. Flipping the guy off was a perfectly normal reaction to the guy driving dangerously and putting him at risk even before he rammed him. "

I don't disagree with you on the fact that it is abnormal to ram someone off the road. It's perfectly normal to flip someone off, its CARELESS to not use DISCRETION while doing it! Get it?

"I don't flip people off because I see no point in it. Usually I smile and wave or give a thumbs up - which seems to usually disarm the situation as the person cannot understand why I didn't react correctly inspiring it to be taken to the next level"

Why do you feel the situation must be disarmed? If you know that NORMALLY people will brush it off then why bother disarming? You just contradicted yourself.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
I don't consider giving people the finger or honking my horn to let drivers know how pissed I am to be acceptable behavior. Neither is using a vehicle to strike another vehicle. These are all just varying degrees of road rage.

I don't flip people off. I don't use my horn except to alert someone that they are moving over on me because I may have come up in their blind spot.

Yes, I see dumbasses driving on public roads almost every day but I don't react to them. If I see something truly hazardous, I will report it by calling 9-1-1. By hazardous, this could be a dangerous driver on the road or someone changing a flat tire but not pulled far enough off the shoulder to avoid a possible rear-ender. When someone tailgates me with the intent to try to make me speed up, I will pull over to let them pass if it is safe to do so. They have an appointment with an accident or the CHP and who am I to hold them back?

No one has ever rammed my vehicle on purpose.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
The thing is - road rage is a fact of life at many varying degrees as you mention. It would be truly nice if people could act as you say, seriously, but it ain't gonna happen. The world is hard for a lot of people and once they get into a car solo, they are marinating in their own thoughts maybe for the first time since whatever pissed them off.

All I am trying to say is, flipping someone off does not cause harm. Making angry faces does not - anything someone does whilst staying in their vehicle and not physically interacting with other drivers or causing them problems, safety issues or whatever, would be a "perfectly acceptable" response to bad or irresponsible driving in this day and age.

I agree with you totally and I wish people would be nicer, just saying, in no way whatsoever was ramming someone any form of expected response. Flipping someone off might bunch panties, incite bad feelings, but it really, honestly, does no harm. Not that I condone it. Hope that made sense.

Your comment about letting the offender pass is right on, I do that all the time and it's instantly case closed. It's what everyone should do, just that we all don't always do the right thing....
Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 PM

The thing is - road rage is a fact of life at many varying degrees as you mention. It would be truly nice if people could act as you say, seriously, but it ain't gonna happen. The world is hard for a lot of people and once they get into a car solo, they are marinating in their own thoughts maybe for the first time since whatever pissed them off.

All I am trying to say is, flipping someone off does not cause harm. Making angry faces does not - anything someone does whilst staying in their vehicle and not physically interacting with other drivers or causing them problems, safety issues or whatever, would be a "perfectly acceptable" response to bad or irresponsible driving in this day and age.

I agree with you totally and I wish people would be nicer, just saying, in no way whatsoever was ramming someone any form of expected response. Flipping someone off might bunch panties, incite bad feelings, but it really, honestly, does no harm. Not that I condone it. Hope that made sense.

Your comment about letting the offender pass is right on, I do that all the time and it's instantly case closed. It's what everyone should do, just that we all don't always do the right thing....

"The thing is - road rage is a fact of life at many varying degrees as you mention. It would be truly nice if people could act as you say, seriously, but it ain't gonna happen. The world is hard for a lot of people and once they get into a car solo, they are marinating in their own thoughts maybe for the first time since whatever pissed them off.

This is exactly why you use discretion when you flip people off. Because you never know who the **** you **** off even more. I really don't understand why this doesn't register with you. Your like the rest of them who CHOOSE not to acknowledge this.

"All I am trying to say is, flipping someone off does not cause harm. Making angry faces does not - anything someone does whilst staying in their vehicle and not physically interacting with other drivers or causing them problems, safety issues or whatever, would be a "perfectly acceptable" response to bad or irresponsible driving in this day and age. "

I agree...flipping someone off would be considered normal. However, what's acceptable and whats not is a dilusion you must flush down the toilet A.S.A.P. No such thing! On the streets, anything goes...
Old 12-08-2006, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

“I really do not see how you can gather the fact that i find it acceptable. So to tell you the truth, your way off. What I am saying is that don't be surprised at what people can and will do out there. In other words, don't take this world for granted. Just because the last 10 times you flipped someone off and nothing happens, doesn't mean it won't be a different story tomorrow. When you raise your hand and point that middle finger in the air, you've only escalated the aggression of the person who is already aggressive. All i am saying is if he would not have flipped him off and would have been more humble, this would not have happened. Again, I never said ramming was normal or acceptable”
I used the wrong word. I do not mean “acceptable” in this case, rather it should be “expected” which is totally different. I just screwed up there. Just to let YOU in on the truth, I am actually not way off. Your assumption that I am “way off” shows just how way off you are.

I stated that I do not flip people off, so there would not be any “last 10 times I flipped someone off” in this case. Way off man. Also, you do not know AT ALL what would have happened if Ipecac had not flipped him off. You can speculate, and so can I. People have done stupid and dangerous things to me on the road, and then when I look at them with a WTF look – they usually flip ME off. I have not rammed anyone to-date. Maybe this guy would have been so pissed he would have rammed anyway – neither you nor I can say.

You are right, one should not take the world for granted – and it IS amazing what people will do sometimes. This does not make it expected that you will get rammed if you flip someone off AT ALL. Just because people can surprise you with their rage, lack of control and criminal behavior does not mean that you inspired it. It is NOT NORMAL to ram someone off the road in response to being flipped off. He must have been pissed off about something else, and Ipecac’s erected finger simply was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Let me ask you this....so If I were to flip someone off and they come over and sock me in the face, should i be surprised that he did that?
Absolutely!! Should I chase down every person that flips me off and sock them in the face?

Or would a more appropriate and normal response be hey **** you back?
Yes, that would be the mature, adult response if simply ignoring it couldn’t be avoided.

What your doing is making reference to what an appropriate and inappropriate response to aggression is during road rage. No such thing! There are no rules of engagement.
No, actually, I am making no such reference. My thinking is more along the lines of common sense and how adults behave. There are no “rules” except moral decisions and the whole ‘do unto others’ thing. If what you are saying is true and factual, people would be scrapping or even escalating to weapons left and right because “that’s what you do” or something. Your way of thinking seems like something from a warlike or high-school mentality society where we must feel compelled to retaliate every single childish and stupid input coming our way. That sounds like a lot of work!

Thus, when you flip someone off you are taking a risk of it escalating to something even bigger (of course depending on the person), which could have even costed him his life.
This could be true, but then – you are taking a risk walking out your front door. How far do you want to take that theory? What about misunderstandings? See – THAT is a big one. What if you cut someone off, then he flips you off, you gun them down with your AK and then realize they were just picking their nose!! See why we should act like adult human beings and not retaliate everything WE PERCEIVE as an insult? Am I getting through here?

By you stating that people just brush it off normally right? Thats an obvious expression of taking other people's response for granted.
People just brush what off? Being flipped off? I looked through my post and didn’t see anything about brushing anything off, but honestly – people SHOULD be mature enough to brush anything non-threatening off.

What you are saying here seems like “flipping someone off is an open invitation for an ***-kicking.” This is so way off I cannot make this text bold enough. Getting flipped off in our ‘non-caveman society that generally frowns on ***-kicking’ is an open invitation for a moral decision. “Should I take this to the next level and beat the **** out of this person, or just brush it off and move on with my life?” Where do you draw the line?

Now if you can't comprehend what I just said in the last the responses to your last points than your the one who's helpless. It is neglegent as an operator of a vehicle to flip off an aggressive driver and to underestimate and misjudge their reactions.
Well, I feel like I fairly discounted everything you mentioned in the previous paragraph, and I do not feel helpless in any way. You and I (well, me and thankfully many other people) are coming from a totally different place than you with this. I am truly thankful that the majority of people do not feel that being flipped off on the road is an open invitation for more aggression.

You are right though, as is Wingless Wonder – flipping people off is not ok. But – it happens all the time. Is that incorrect? I mean, I seriously get flipped off just about every day.

So let me ask you this. Are you saying that people should continue to NOT use DISCRETION while flipping the bird as you insinuate? Well if thats the case, then don't be surpised to see more posts of this nature in the near future.
These words just don’t fit in my mouth, sorry. I DID NOT even remotely insinuate that people should not use discretion while flipping the bird. Maybe you should read my post again?

What I am saying, over and over again, is this: flipping someone off does not warrant escalation of whatever situation may be at hand. If someone wants to escalate the aggression level of the situation due to an immature hand gesture, that is their choice as it is anyone’s choice to commit murder, rob a bank or spank a nun.

I don't disagree with you on the fact that it is abnormal to ram someone off the road. It's perfectly normal to flip someone off, its CARELESS to not use DISCRETION while doing it! Get it?
Yes – I get it, and I was wondering if you did. Weird…

Why do you feel the situation must be disarmed? If you know that NORMALLY people will brush it off then why bother disarming? You just contradicted yourself.
Where did I say that “I feel the situation needs to be disarmed” in my statement? I said “it seems to disarm the situation.” You put words in my mouth AGAIN so you could say that I contradicted myself. Bad form! This is an effective arguing tactic that works with most people when you honestly have nothing to say and wish to generate confusion, however my ex wife did this far too frequently for your powers to have any effect on me.

Maybe growing up as a white kid in Hawaii and being the brunt of tons of retard agression has made this different for me. Most of your statements really DO ring true for my experience in high school, but are extremely off base in adult society. If I looked at someone's girl (or was looking in that general direction and he thought I was looking at his girl) that would be enough to start a fight. Seriously man - people that get physical over some silly hand gesture have something wrong with them.

I am calling it a night – have a great evening, and Ipecac – I am sorry you had to deal with all that, and that your thread turned into this nutty debate!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:50 PM

I used the wrong word. I do not mean “acceptable” in this case, rather it should be “expected” which is totally different. I just screwed up there. Just to let YOU in on the truth, I am actually not way off. Your assumption that I am “way off” shows just how way off you are.

I stated that I do not flip people off, so there would not be any “last 10 times I flipped someone off” in this case. Way off man. Also, you do not know AT ALL what would have happened if Ipecac had not flipped him off. You can speculate, and so can I. People have done stupid and dangerous things to me on the road, and then when I look at them with a WTF look – they usually flip ME off. I have not rammed anyone to-date. Maybe this guy would have been so pissed he would have rammed anyway – neither you nor I can say.

You are right, one should not take the world for granted – and it IS amazing what people will do sometimes. This does not make it expected that you will get rammed if you flip someone off AT ALL. Just because people can surprise you with their rage, lack of control and criminal behavior does not mean that you inspired it. It is NOT NORMAL to ram someone off the road in response to being flipped off. He must have been pissed off about something else, and Ipecac’s erected finger simply was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Absolutely!! Should I chase down every person that flips me off and sock them in the face?

Yes, that would be the mature, adult response if simply ignoring it couldn’t be avoided.

No, actually, I am making no such reference. My thinking is more along the lines of common sense and how adults behave. There are no “rules” except moral decisions and the whole ‘do unto others’ thing. If what you are saying is true and factual, people would be scrapping or even escalating to weapons left and right because “that’s what you do” or something. Your way of thinking seems like something from a warlike or high-school mentality society where we must feel compelled to retaliate every single childish and stupid input coming our way. That sounds like a lot of work!

This could be true, but then – you are taking a risk walking out your front door. How far do you want to take that theory? What about misunderstandings? See – THAT is a big one. What if you cut someone off, then he flips you off, you gun them down with your AK and then realize they were just picking their nose!! See why we should act like adult human beings and not retaliate everything WE PERCEIVE as an insult? Am I getting through here?

People just brush what off? Being flipped off? I looked through my post and didn’t see anything about brushing anything off, but honestly – people SHOULD be mature enough to brush anything non-threatening off.

What you are saying here seems like “flipping someone off is an open invitation for an ***-kicking.” This is so way off I cannot make this text bold enough. Getting flipped off in our ‘non-caveman society that generally frowns on ***-kicking’ is an open invitation for a moral decision. “Should I take this to the next level and beat the **** out of this person, or just brush it off and move on with my life?” Where do you draw the line?

Well, I feel like I fairly discounted everything you mentioned in the previous paragraph, and I do not feel helpless in any way. You and I (well, me and thankfully many other people) are coming from a totally different place than you with this. I am truly thankful that the majority of people do not feel that being flipped off on the road is an open invitation for more aggression.

You are right though, as is Wingless Wonder – flipping people off is not ok. But – it happens all the time. Is that incorrect? I mean, I seriously get flipped off just about every day.

These words just don’t fit in my mouth, sorry. I DID NOT even remotely insinuate that people should not use discretion while flipping the bird. Maybe you should read my post again?

What I am saying, over and over again, is this: flipping someone off does not warrant escalation of whatever situation may be at hand. If someone wants to escalate the aggression level of the situation due to an immature hand gesture, that is their choice as it is anyone’s choice to commit murder, rob a bank or spank a nun.

Yes – I get it, and I was wondering if you did. Weird…

Where did I say that “I feel the situation needs to be disarmed” in my statement? I said “it seems to disarm the situation.” You put words in my mouth AGAIN so you could say that I contradicted myself. Bad form! This is an effective arguing tactic that works with most people when you honestly have nothing to say and wish to generate confusion, however my ex wife did this far too frequently for your powers to have any effect on me.

Maybe growing up as a white kid in Hawaii and being the brunt of tons of retard agression has made this different for me. Most of your statements really DO ring true for my experience in high school, but are extremely off base in adult society. If I looked at someone's girl (or was looking in that general direction and he thought I was looking at his girl) that would be enough to start a fight. Seriously man - people that get physical over some silly hand gesture have something wrong with them.

I am calling it a night – have a great evening, and Ipecac – I am sorry you had to deal with all that, and that your thread turned into this nutty debate!

^^Going to dinner and i wil respond to this nonsense and overgeneralization when I get back..
Old 12-08-2006, 07:54 PM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
^^Going to dinner and i wil respond to this nonsense and overgeneralization when I get back..
Please don't... who effin cares!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 PM

holy god! why is it that no one on this thread, or even this forum agrees with you? do you know all that is right? are you god?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 1984 mustang svo
please dont respond. no really, dont.

no one wants to hear you repeat yourself over and over and over again, if you dont believe me just look at the last 9 pages. and with that i say...

PWNED!!!!!
________
Saint louis assembly

Last edited by svo+wrx; 04-14-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Most Ridiculous Moment of my life