Most Ridiculous Moment of my life

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Most Ridiculous Moment of my life

Ok here is the setup.

For those of you who don’t know, I was in an accident in early November. I was rear ended on my way home from work. It put my car in the shop for nearly a month, causing $5,000 worth of damage. Due to injuries sustained in the accident I have been going to therapy 3 times a week since the incident. My neck is getting better, which is very good. I also have a lawyer who is supporting me through this process. I got my car back 9 days ago.

Then this happens.

Here is the deal. The guy was speeding up in an exit only lane, and attempting to merge into stop and go traffic. As he cuts in behind me his vehicle gets within inches of my rear bumper. Being sensitive to the matter, and already having the window half way down I give the guy the finger. As he speeds up next to me, I am still flipping him off; I yell something along the lines of “you’re an *******.”

Once the guy gets his the rear of his vehicle lined up next to my driver side door he turns directly into my car. I try to hold my ground but his Hummer is much larger than my car and I am pushed all the way off of the road. He makes like he is going to dart back into traffic and take off, but decides to get out and “talk it over.” I get out and look at the damage to my car. This guy gets out, comes directly over to my car says “Why the **** did you flip me off, you ****ing *****,” and hits me in the face.

As I react I determine that it is not a good idea to shove this guy into traffic, so I dart around to the other side of my car…. This ******* comes after me yelling about how I am a ***** and a *****. I inform him I am going to call 911. I then circle back around my car, to which he finally goes back to look at his car. So here I am trying to get through to 911 and the guy comes back over. I am now circling around my car telling him to stay away from me and trying to give information to the operator. He goes back to his car.

The tow truck driver was the first to show up; the guy comes over and starts giving his story to the driver. Now I am not sure why the tow truck driver would care what happened, but this guy was letting him know. The tow truck driver could tell I didn’t want to get near the guy and had him go back to his car. The CHP finally show up and go directly over to him. Now I can’t hear exactly what is being said, but the guy is blaming the whole thing on me. The officer is smart and before making any decisions gets my side of the story. I am now shaking uncontrollably as I try to explain what happened and get my registration out of my glove box.

More officers show up. They gather the information and run reports. This guy does not have a license and is driving his daddies Hummer.

The officers come to check me out, but I have no marks on me. They then tell me that because no witnesses stopped, if I pressed charges they would be forced to take us both in because he is claming I ran into him, and he did not hit me in the face. (First time in my life I actually wanted a black eye)

Once I calmed down the CHP let me go. The other guy was waiting for a ride and his car was being impounded.

In the end I realize I should not have flipped him off… but dammm this was insane.

Best part of the whole thing:

Hummer, Texas Plates, Road Rage… ****ing stereotype.

Pictures to come
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX 5 speed, Aspen White
So... you have to repair your car with your own money?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
WTF.....you should have pressed charges. Let them take you in. Your story would have made much more sense..even flipping someone off wouldn't matter.

This way your car could have been repaired and you could have went after his ***.

It would have come out in the end.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Damn that's some bullsh!t right there. Glad you are ok though.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 AM

Car Info: .
That kid's daddy is gonna be pissed when he has to foot the repair bill.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Ya it really sucks. I am going in to talk to my lawyer about it today. His car was insured, and I have coverage to get my car fixed. I just have to pay another $500, good thing I have credit cards.

My insurance company said not to worrie about the money, just get my car fixed and they will go after him or his insurance to get all the money back.

The car is only 9 months old, has been in 2 accidents already, and I still have 20k+ left on my loan. I really wish there was a way I could get out of the loan and into a different car, but I dont see that happening.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
that sucks...cursed cars. I had one. Booooo. Best of luck...maybe have the car blessed or something.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:36 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Ipecac
...I really wish there was a way I could get out of the loan and into a different car, but I dont see that happening.
Kind of too bad this a$$hat didn't total it, (without hurting you any more anyway) that'd be about the best thing that can happen to a car like that.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
some guy did that to me, i would have gone to jail for battery...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:42 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
that sucks...cursed cars. I had one. Booooo. Best of luck...maybe have the car blessed or something.
Or get the rich bastard's daddy to pay-off the loan and give it a Viking funeral.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Ipecac
Here is the deal. The guy was speeding up in an exit only lane, and attempting to merge into stop and go traffic. As he cuts in behind me his vehicle gets within inches of my rear bumper. Being sensitive to the matter, and already having the window half way down I give the guy the finger. As he speeds up next to me, I am still flipping him off; I yell something along the lines of "you’re an *******."

Once the guy gets his the rear of his vehicle lined up next to my driver side door he turns directly into my car. I try to hold my ground but his Hummer is much larger than my car and I am pushed all the way off of the road. He makes like he is going to dart back into traffic and take off, but decides to get out and "talk it over." I get out and look at the damage to my car. This guy gets out, comes directly over to my car says "Why the **** did you flip me off, you ****ing *****," and hits me in the face.
You have to try to get his family's insurance to pay or reimburse your insurance for the damage done to your vehicle. Forget about him punching you. Chalk that up to two hotheads overreacting. Either that or expect to get into a physical confrontation because this is usually the result once both parties pull over. Don't flip off another driver unless you want a fight, but better yet:

There are thousands of morons driving on public roads every day. Most are just oblivious to their bad driving habits but there are a few who go beyond idiotic to being downright dangerous because they drive that way to express aggression. More likely than not, it's going to be a male driver. It's not our job to reel in these *******s - that's why we have cellphones and 9-1-1. Learn to let them pass you by without taking it as a personal affront to your manhood. Report them to the CHP if it makes you feel better.

You just became another 'road rage' statistic in California.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-08-2006, 11:10 AM

Car Info: WRX STi
next time try not flipping the guy off.

maybe then this whole incident could have been avoided.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Ipecac

The car is only 9 months old, has been in 2 accidents already, and I still have 20k+ left on my loan. I really wish there was a way I could get out of the loan and into a different car, but I dont see that happening.
My car was 2 weeks old and my dumbass rearended somebody. Got the car fixed, things seemed great. 6 months later some drunk b!tch ran a redlight and T-boned my on the driver side. Insurance would not total it. It's been the best car I've ever owned since then. 105,000 miles later.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: E46 M. E36 M. E30. SW20. 92 VWCab.08 Civic HYBRID
One word=PWNED!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
wow, i dont even know what to say, it made me mad just reading this, ive encountered a few situations where a car has tried to bully or plow me off the road, that goes beyond any gesture or words exchanged.. and he decked you on top of that?! holy shiat.. im telling you right now if i was in your shoes i would be locked up lol

Quick Reply: Most Ridiculous Moment of my life