Moonbeam bans open carry of handguns

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM

Car Info: Fast
Where you live is irrelevant. For one nobody can predict when or where someone is going to commit a crime. This is not 1984, or Demolition Man. Again, a gun makes a very powerful deterrent even when not used. If a criminal knew that most people in a neighborhood were armed they would probably commit crimes in a different neighborhood. Or, again, be removed from the gene pool
Old 10-11-2011, 05:57 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I own guns for 4 reasons
1. To protect myself and family from crime or dangerous animals
2. I enjoy target shooting
3. I'm of jewish decent... Never again
4. The mechanical/engineering aspect.... Guns are cool.

Do I believe in total freedom of arms? No. I believe that for ccw or open carry, people should have to get a background check, and complete a training course. I have done both those things, and can't get a ccw... That's wrong
Old 10-11-2011, 06:36 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
folks...relax!

This, believe it or not, is a blessing not a curse. What this has done, due to a few poorly chosen words by a judge in a recent case, has opened up the doors to a lawsuit to FORCE the state to become shall issue (unlike the may issue they are now).

Keep your ears and eyes open, I predict shall issue, or even will issue in this state before the end of 2012.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by Lowend
I own guns for 4 reasons
1. To protect myself and family from crime or dangerous animals
2. I enjoy target shooting
3. I'm of jewish decent... Never again
4. The mechanical/engineering aspect.... Guns are cool.

Do I believe in total freedom of arms? No. I believe that for ccw or open carry, people should have to get a background check, and complete a training course. I have done both those things, and can't get a ccw... That's wrong
Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Laugh if you want dude... You'll never see me sheparded into a box car
Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
That's right. Only fools that don't know history don't realize that one of the preceding steps the ***** did to ensure their power was to ban citizens from having firearms.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ldivinag
you can TRY to get LTC a concealed firearm.

some counties are MORE open to this.

in alameda county, san fran county, LA county; unless you are a major contributor to the sheriff re election fund, a celebrity or a politician; it is nex to impossible.

or in a weird but heavily publiciized event. for example, a few years ago, a black dude in oakland was harassed and his life threatened by ganag member/drug dealers when he refused to move out of his home when he kept reporting drug dealing and other illegal events by his house. only when he was shot and survived did he get a LTC...

but you get idea.

counties in more rural area tend to have more friendly sheriffs to the 2nd amendment. in fact years ago, tehama county used to have on their web page, a link to a page to get your own LTC. now these days, it's buried under a few more links but still have the same tone:

Concealed Weapons

read the first sentence...

btw, just heard on ch5 news (kpix) at their 6pm news. reason gov moonbeam signed the law was "he listened to police chiefs"...

he didnt listen to citizens, but rather the biggest group next to the brady bunchers, who dont want law abiding citizens to have firearms...

sigh...
Yup. I drive through Compton every day. It is just dumb that people can not have a gun to battle the gangs there. The cops are not doing anything.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm wearing my wife down on moving out of state... Wearing her down!

CA is really getting to be ridiculous (not just regarding this topic, which doesn't concern me directly, but it's the fact that we have lost so many rights over the past 20 years that if you project forward, what rights will you have in 30 years? What rights will your kids have?)
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Instead we'll take the train operators and their guards out from a mile away.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
I'm moving to Texas or Arizona.
California is full of idiots.

@ the guy who said what would a gun do in a store when a guy wants to rob it and relieves you of your gun, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

If you know anything about people doing dirt, they aren't about to hit a store where they see someone with a gun. They will wait until the person leaves.... THEN hit the store......

I am going to make the assumption those FOR gun control for law abiding citizens have never looked at any research material involving the subject however....
So I'll give you a pass for ignorance....
When you find yourself in the situation where a gun would be nice.... or the guy next to you on the ground having a gun would be nice..... Don't jump ship...
Just remember you backed the idea.
Idiot.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by Teagleye
I'm moving to Texas or Arizona.
California is full of idiots.

@ the guy who said what would a gun do in a store when a guy wants to rob it and relieves you of your gun, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

If you know anything about people doing dirt, they aren't about to hit a store where they see someone with a gun. They will wait until the person leaves.... THEN hit the store......

I am going to make the assumption those FOR gun control for law abiding citizens have never looked at any research material involving the subject however....
So I'll give you a pass for ignorance....
When you find yourself in the situation where a gun would be nice.... or the guy next to you on the ground having a gun would be nice..... Don't jump ship...
Just remember you backed the idea.
Idiot.
TX has no income tax too, and houses are a LOT more affordable.

Media Silence Is Deafening About Important Gun News | Fox News
Old 10-11-2011, 11:23 AM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
California State Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, who authored the bill, told Hotsheet in an interview that the law was a natural way to prevent gun violence
He should be removed from power immediately for being that stupid.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by aboothman
Where you live is irrelevant. For one nobody can predict when or where someone is going to commit a crime. This is not 1984, or Demolition Man. Again, a gun makes a very powerful deterrent even when not used. If a criminal knew that most people in a neighborhood were armed they would probably commit crimes in a different neighborhood. Or, again, be removed from the gene pool
In rural areas like where I live up north, that is pretty much the case. Criminals do not come into the unincorporated areas because they KNOW everyone is armed. If you come on my property and I am not comfortable with it, you will get shot with whichever gun is closest at the time. I can open carry on my property and fire my weapons anytime I like. I was doing some plinking this weekend and will eventually get around to building a backstop. It is normal to hear gunfire in my area, but we all know it is just the neighbors
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Did things get a little more unsafe? Or are the good guys now just more restricted.

Or both.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 AM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
Originally Posted by Hoofus
He should be removed from power immediately for being that stupid.
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Did things get a little more unsafe? Or are the good guys now just more restricted.

Or both.
So let's say there is this guy....
He is in a gang...
He just so happens to be in jail right now for putting an ILLEGAL firearm to an undercover police officer's head....
Why is this relevant?
Let's say he was asked once what he thought about the government taking away guns from people....
His response?
**laughing** "These police out here dumb as hell.. I'm havin a piece no matter what so any ***** who doesn't have one finna get hit if they are slippin... you white *****s are the easiest with your hybrid *** car and **** and no gun havin ***... of course you bout to get jacked *****"
or something along those lines.......
That is coming from someone who is IN JAIL FOR PUTTING A GUN TO A UC's HEAD PEOPLE!!
Taking guns from law abiding citizens is just plain stupid. There is no need for any better word choice.
It is just plain stupid... better yet.... it is irresponsible.

Quick Reply: Moonbeam bans open carry of handguns