Moonbeam bans open carry of handguns

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
good job public safety people for trying to make lawful innocent people less violent. the good quite ones are the ones you need to be worried about, right? not the people that don't give a **** about your gun laws. ::golf clap::
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Angry

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
i thought conceal carry was 100% illegal in CA unless you were in law enforcement?

you can TRY to get LTC a concealed firearm.

some counties are MORE open to this.

in alameda county, san fran county, LA county; unless you are a major contributor to the sheriff re election fund, a celebrity or a politician; it is nex to impossible.

or in a weird but heavily publiciized event. for example, a few years ago, a black dude in oakland was harassed and his life threatened by ganag member/drug dealers when he refused to move out of his home when he kept reporting drug dealing and other illegal events by his house. only when he was shot and survived did he get a LTC...

but you get idea.

counties in more rural area tend to have more friendly sheriffs to the 2nd amendment. in fact years ago, tehama county used to have on their web page, a link to a page to get your own LTC. now these days, it's buried under a few more links but still have the same tone:

Concealed Weapons

read the first sentence...

btw, just heard on ch5 news (kpix) at their 6pm news. reason gov moonbeam signed the law was "he listened to police chiefs"...

he didnt listen to citizens, but rather the biggest group next to the brady bunchers, who dont want law abiding citizens to have firearms...

sigh...
Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
i thought conceal carry was 100% illegal in CA unless you were in law enforcement?
You have to be over the age of 21, be a US citizen, pass a background check, go through a course in gun safety and have a "good cause".
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
it's not they don't want law abiding citizens to have firearms. other then officers, they don't want ANYONE to have firearms... law abiding citizens are just easy to enforce.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by RU-X
good job public safety people for trying to make lawful innocent people less violent. the good quite ones are the ones you need to be worried about, right? not the people that don't give a **** about your gun laws. ::golf clap::
Amen
Old 10-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Im so mad right now.... our government is no longer and hasn't been the government which was designed to prevent oppression.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Where I live a LOT of pot growers, meth cookers here and there, but very rural in upper placer county and nevada county. With justifiable cause you can have a permit to carry. You get all the nitty gritty details if you get the permit. I don't want it to carry a side arm all the time. I just want it for when I'm in sketchy areas for better peace of mind.

It's like a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, than need it and not have one.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by burnyou2

It's like a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, than need it and not have one.
i like your rational here..

there has been gang related shootings near my area lately and to be honest, id rather just have it if it get worse. im not gonna let some norte or sur f around here.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:04 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Heedz
i like your rational here..

there has been gang related shootings near my area lately and to be honest, id rather just have it if it get worse. im not gonna let some norte or sur f around here.
god forbid they shoot at you in your TL.......
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by rau
god forbid they shoot at you in your TL.......
Its been at a park and the other was behind a local taqueria that we frequent.

When that diesel is in my hands..... I know whats going in the back seat lol
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
We dOnt need more guns on the streets.. There are enough already.. Take your gun tO a shootIng range..
Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Roo
Just curious - how does open carry make people safer? If you're in a store, and a suspect pulls a gun, can you pull your own weapon, load it, and properly aim and fire it before the suspect drops you in a hail of lead? If the suspect is nice to you, he'll relieve you of your weapon, now you've just given him a weapon and more ammunition...

...just saying. There are, of course, exceptions to this for those with enough time and training in tactical close quarters combat, and specialized training. I'm talking about the other 90% of the people who bought a gun, passed the basic safety course, and want to open carry the gun to assert their rights.
Uhh, we just dropped another ball for the constitution. Yes, it makes zero sense to have open carry without the gun actually loaded. Yes, the constitution is made for INTERPRETATION, but was found upon making sure the government doesn't disarm every friggin citizen from protecting themselves.

Bad guys will always have weapons, Good guys need to protect themselves. UFC only goes so far until a dude pulls a 9mm on you.

But again, America always surprises me... and California the most insane of them all.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
As much as I don't like this... You can't blame Gov Brown. He signed a bill after is made it through state congress.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
We dOnt need more guns on the streets.. There are enough already.. Take your gun tO a shootIng range..
Ya, because a gun will do a lot of good at the range when some criminal ******* decides to invade your house and shoot your ****ing family.

Open carry is a deterrent. If even 10% of the people in any given place were properly trained and carried openly, a criminal would either think twice before commiting a crime, or they would be removed from the gene pool.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Does anyone here actually live in a neighborhood where they NEED (not want) a fire arm?

If so, did you buy a gun(s) for the feeling of safety, or "in case I have to defend my freedom"?

Quick Reply: Moonbeam bans open carry of handguns