Migraines UUHG!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
It sucks, I've run out of imitrex and I had a migraine today. I took some tylenol extra strength and slept most of the day and now I"m better thankfully,\.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by Lowend
Imitrex is the only in the moment migraine drug that works for me. It's not a pain killer, it works with bloodflow to the brain.

I take Lamictal as a preventative
I think we're (mostly all) talking about "fast-acting" in-the-moment type migraine medicines, as opposed to pain killers. So far, all the names I have seen mentioned in regards to migraine medicine, are not for pain, but deal with the constriction of vessels around the brain. I haven't had a migraine for about 4 to 6 weeks now I think, so I'm sort of holding off on investigating a new medicine until I start another "spurt" of migraines in the future. Besides, I wouldn't want to waste the 2 or 3 relpax tabs I still have, considering they cost me ~$70 or $80. Gotta love not having any health insurance. Yeah I'm staring right at you Senate.

On a side note, in this morning's news "It is reported that except for the members of the 2 committees that have drafted health care proposals, none of the other Democratic Senators have even read the bills."

Originally Posted by code3suby
It sucks, I've run out of imitrex and I had a migraine today. I took some tylenol extra strength and slept most of the day and now I"m better thankfully,\.
Glad to hear you made it through even without the imitrex.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
FYI - imitrex has a generic now (Sumatriptan) made by Teva - save some $$