Migraines UUHG!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Originally Posted by code3suby
Wow, that's crazy... they should've had you locked down in isolation and in a room asap. Where was this?
Good Sam in Campbell/ Los Gatos.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP 04 AW WRX/ 05 CGM STI/ 13 SWP STI
Originally Posted by danielliez
This. +1 million

Also: tylenol + advil = major win!!! OMG I don't feel like dying right now
Im glad it worked
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by danielliez

I haven't heard of fioricet, but it sounds similar to excederin migraine (but with Butalbital instead of asprin). Do you find that you are really tired/ out of it after taking it? Or does it help with the pain but allow you to continue on with your day normally?
Do you use the cornbags hot or cold? Do you just apply them to your head or what? I have something similar that can be frozen or heated up, sounds like it might be worth a try.
Yea, it's like excedrin but has that little extra kick. For my headaches I normally take 2-3 excedrin at a time. I save the fioricets for when I can't function. So usually I'm already in bed when I take them. But I don't feel all doped up or tired when using them.

We use the corn bags cold. When I was using it the other night it stayed cold for at least 30-45 minutes. Probably longer, I'm a bad judge of time. But yea, I just had it on my head where the pain was and it went away and moved to my neck so I put it on the back of my neck as I laid down and it helped there too. We also have one that is smaller and made for the forehead so as you lay down you can put it on your forehead, over your eyes.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
The dissolving ones are called Zomig
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Best off just growing a pair and having a ****ing pint.
Wow.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
True that those are better than WebMD, but they are written for doctors with language for them to understand and an assumption of knowledge on the subject and medical ideology to beging with, so there is always going to be stuff missed by the general public. The danger is also that now you are insulting the doctors ego by, in his eyes, assuming he doesn't know how to do his job, requiring you to do it for him.

Oh how wonderful the medical world is.
[/rant]
I have never in my entire life encountered a doctor that did not want a well informed patient, and any doctor that would get their ego bruised because their patient did their own research is not a doctor worth seeing.

In fact, every doctor I've ever had has encouraged me to do my own research and come to them with questions or requests for clarification.

EDIT: Being a cancer survivor, I've seen a LOT of doctors.

Last edited by saqwarrior; 11-11-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
I have never in my entire life encountered a doctor that did not want a well informed patient, and any doctor that would get their ego bruised because their patient did their own research is not a doctor worth seeing.

In fact, every doctor I've ever had has encouraged me to do my own research and come to them with questions or requests for clarification.

EDIT: Being a cancer survivor, I've seen a LOT of doctors.
I have, and that's when I dropped her sorry *** (i was like 21) and got me a new doctor (this time a male).
Old 11-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Thats what they have their PhD for rightt
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
my wife gets migranes, and she takes meds when she gets her "oura". imatrex works for her.

there are like 10 flavors of meds, you might want to try them all.

and if you havent had a CT or an MRI, i suggest it.....

josh
Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Thats what they have their PhD for rightt
Not every doc has a PhD... its an additional school req which adds a few years on to MD
Old 11-11-2009, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
I suggest that as well. My mother had a trilopular aneurysm and had brain surgery. they put a titanium clamp on it and was in ICU for a week. Shes doing great now as if nothing happened and this is back in 2001. Her sister wasnt so lucky, hers ruptured and she lost all movement to the left side of her body.
If there was ANYone in your family that has/had one get a CT or MRI asap
Old 11-11-2009, 05:48 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Relpax is all I've ever used for my occasional migraines, and it's one of the worst medicines. It seems to get rid of the migraine after one dose (and like 8 straight hours of sleep in a silent, dark room). Makes me completely useless, ie: driving, eating, work, etc, until it's been about 8 hours after taking it. Imagine the feeling you get when you have your first night of the flue, think body aches, chills, weakness, and you get the idea of what it makes me feel like. Generally I have to wait til evening, and put up with the migraines throughout the day until I can crash after taking the Relpax. I usually supplement with the excedrin migraine to cope until evening. Still, as bad as the migraines are, I don't have them more than every couple months or so on average, and they aren't remotely as painful as cluster headaches, which I was unfortunate enough to suffer from for about a week and a half when I was like 19. No pain has ever made me want to shoot myself in the head, except those headaches, and I've bent fingers, and arms the wrong directions, fracturing and spraining **** growing up skateboarding, biking, and playing soccer, but nothing compares.

I hope you can find a treatment that helps you with your migraines. I know the feeling.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:02 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Vodka, you should ask your MD about another med. I used to take Zomig which is a small dissolving tablet, and it doesn't have any of those effects.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Car Info: The 4 Train
Vodka, you should ask your MD about another med. I used to take Zomig which is a small dissolving tablet, and it doesn't have any of those effects.
Srsly. That does not sound like a happy solution.

I've got a script for Maxalt, so I'll see how that works next time I have a migraine. The relpax did absolutely nothing for me- bad or good. I have an extra sample of the maxalt if you (vodka) wanna try, I can give it to you. Still in the wrapper and everything. My doctor says it works even better if you take an aleve/advil with it.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Imitrex is the only in the moment migraine drug that works for me. It's not a pain killer, it works with bloodflow to the brain.

I take Lamictal as a preventative