Martial arts enthusiasts! Learn the Secret Tactics of Lyoto Machida!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Oh, nobody doubts the effectiveness of BJJ. It's essential training for anyone that wants to be a complete fighter! Plus, there isn't anything particularly funny about BJJ...
Where do you train?
i train at the Ralph Gracie academy in Dublin. on a break right now, recovering from tendonitis.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:21 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Wu shu here..

Last edited by Ballz; 03-07-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by wocabin
i train at the Ralph Gracie academy in Dublin. on a break right now, recovering from tendonitis.
Nice! I used to cross train with some Ralph Gracie San Francisco and Charles Gracie Daly City guys!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:12 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by wocabin
Then you probably know Darrell Woo? He takes classes there and has an '06 JBP sti.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mittelstadt
Did you know that if Rampage wins tomorrow he gets a belt shot!? He's fighting a Kieth Jardine who has been on a slide, how does that get you a belt fight? Lyoto deserves his freaking shot! He's 14-0 now and doesn't even get touched in fights

It's already official: if jardine wins Machida gets the shot
Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Elsyd
I swear every time i watch machida fight he looks so out of breath
What fight are you talking about? I've never gotten that impression. I mean I've seen him relaxed, which is obviously different. You see guys who are standing still, not moving much, hands down but then they suddenly spring with a quick movement - that's RELAXED, not out of breath. Out of breath is chronically slow and not doing anything even when some stimulus (incoming attack) shows up. For example, Shogun v Coleman lol....
Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Nice! I used to cross train with some Ralph Gracie San Francisco and Charles Gracie Daly City guys!
Hey Choku, you still at FnF? Are you going to that fightnight in redwood city on the 27th? I know a few guys from my gym and FnF are fighting, am definitely gonna go.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by verc
Hey Choku, you still at FnF? Are you going to that fightnight in redwood city on the 27th? I know a few guys from my gym and FnF are fighting, am definitely gonna go.
Noooo, I've been away from FnF for a while. Things changed for the worse there, and even though I love Bunkerd and Chris to death, I just can't see myself at that gym anymore

I've been doing the ronin thing recently, still looking for a good place to train. Between money, scheduling, and the quality of gyms, it's hard these days Between all that and my move to and from Hawai'i recently, it's a bit of a mess Although, I do have an idea of a couple of places I might wanna train

P.S. O'ahu had some WICKED good gyms and dojo's! I got to train with everyone from Chris Leben to Bobby Lowe (the first non-Japanese blackbelt holder with Kyokushin Kaikan)!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by verc
What fight are you talking about? I've never gotten that impression. I mean I've seen him relaxed, which is obviously different. You see guys who are standing still, not moving much, hands down but then they suddenly spring with a quick movement - that's RELAXED, not out of breath. Out of breath is chronically slow and not doing anything even when some stimulus (incoming attack) shows up. For example, Shogun v Coleman lol....
I dont know, it looks like he mouth breathes alot. Ill try to find some videos on mma root
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Elsyd
I dont know, it looks like he mouth breathes alot. Ill try to find some videos on mma root
Mark Coleman and Bob Sapp are the kings of mouth breathing
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Bob Sapp gets tired after throwing 4 punches.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mittelstadt
http://www.cbssports.com/mma/story/11462233

"Despite the fact Rampage was at one point headed down the road of self-destruction, a win at UFC 96 will put him in the co-main event of UFC 100 on July 11 against current champion Rashad Evans. But before Jackson can secure an opportunity to regain the same title he lost to Forrest Griffin in July, he needs to get past Evans' teammate and good friend, Keith Jardine."

They changed the fight card back to Evans vs Machida.

So I guess Jackson will fight Machida for the title shot
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM
banned

Car Info: WRX STi 2004
Yupp Jackson Machida...Machida is gonna **** him up too...will be boaring and will go to decision..Machida is too smart. I'd like to see Machida and Anderson go at it..Anderson is ranked number one in the WORLd and there styles are very similar..both are VERY smart and know how to pick and break there apponents..I will probably happend in the future hopefuly...There are rumors that GSP is fighting Anderson next since Anderson cant find a true challenge in his weight class..now that would be fun...
Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 AM

Car Info: 2006 Limited WRX (totalled), black EVO IX
Hey! I was just curious any girls train at these gyms that aren't totally scarey looking. I recently started taking BJJ in SF at a small gym in inner sunset area-but a little nervous about doing a tournament cause there aren't many girls in the sport and no one/few in my weight class. Anyways just curious...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WRXgirl
Hey! I was just curious any girls train at these gyms that aren't totally scarey looking. I recently started taking BJJ in SF at a small gym in inner sunset area-but a little nervous about doing a tournament cause there aren't many girls in the sport and no one/few in my weight class. Anyways just curious...
From the people I've interacted with from those camps, I don't recall seeing too many girls. A lot more girls in Muay Thai and full contact karate though, since there's less hugging and rolling around on the floor than in say BJJ or Judo

Which gym do you train at, if you don't mind me asking? I'm on the lookout for a new place to train these days (once I've recovered from a recent little boo boo ). Thanks!

Quick Reply: Martial arts enthusiasts! Learn the Secret Tactics of Lyoto Machida!