Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
They`ll probably lynch this bastard.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
What about all the people who ride bikes that BREAK the law (the ones that cause a vast majority of problems and why people dislike bike riders so much)? They are supposed to be equal, but a lot sure dont act like it. I see WAY more people on BIKES run stop signs/lights than I do cars.

Its a double edge sword. The "car drivers" arnt pefect, and the "bike riders" sure arnt either, even tho they act innocent most of the time.

When was the last time you (or anyone here) saw a person on a bike (besides a 12 year old without a helmet) getting pulled over and cited for breaking a traffic law? Im not saying it doesnt happen, but sure as **** not as offten as cars get pulled over and ticketed.
I made a comment about this earlier citing a known example as to why riders have to break a law.

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Well ask SFPD to do their JOBS and not allow UPS, FEDEX, and everyone else to double park in the bike lanes downtown and around the city, which is ILLEGAL.

If you ask me, the whole anti-car cycling movement stemmed from road rage incidents between cars and bikes. Cars want to own the road because "I'm bigger than your bike. I should have the right away" attitude. If you have been to Europe you will notice that in most cities there have very adequate bike lanes in the major cities. These help to decrease these incidents and make the roads safer for EVERYONE.
I have seen cyclists get tickets for blowing through intersections and for biking under the influence. It happens. Not everyone gets caught but not every speeder gets caught either.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Car Info: bici putas
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
What about all the people who ride bikes that BREAK the law (the ones that cause a vast majority of problems and why people dislike bike riders so much)?
I break the law on my bike every time I ride it. I've been ticketed once for an illegal left turn when I rode across an empty intersection on a red light with a cop lurking behind a parked car. It was 330 bucks. My dad has two tickets for pulling similar moves. FYI, 99% of traffic light sensors don't pick up bikes because THEY'RE BIKES and not cars.

My argument, reiterated, is that breaking traffic laws on a bike causes no harm to people besides bugging drivers. I'm not condoning the behavior of aloof douches who ride two across on roads and don't move single file when cars approach, but get a grip when demonizing cyclists. We're not protected save for a foam ****ing helmet. We can't just send our leg off for a new coat of skin when someone hits us/ we hit them.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by knock
Violence is sometimes the right and just answer, and is exactly why critical mass has turned into a hated ****-show. Bikers are tired of getting hit, drivers are tired of being inconvenienced by bikes.

As someone who rides a bike as primary transportation, I am not surprised by this thread. People have a false sense of entitlement behind the wheel, and in my opinion don't generally treat bicyclists with the respect that they should.

My bike weighs 255 lbs with me on it and has two legpower.
Your car weighs anywhere from 2700 to 9000 lbs and has more horsepower than the golden gate fields stables.

It's not difficult to share the road and unfortunately smegma from both sides attracts zealots like overbear, who enjoy spouting off about vigilante justice towards whoever and whatever.

Sorry that I slow your trip to the grocery store by 10 seconds because you can't pass RIGHT AWAY.

I'm on a BIKE. It's treated like an automobile by law, but when you only need to replace your windshield because my head went through it, I'll need 200k in healthcare bills. I choose to break traffic laws on my bike, and when I do my wallet is in danger. When I (and anyone else) chooses to break traffic laws in a car, people's lives are in danger.

All those supporting the actions of this psycho in Brazil need to spend some real seat time on a bike in traffic.
Let me counter with the self important ***** bike riders that feel its their duty to ride 2 or 3 wide, wont move over, Don't stop at stop signs, and when you give a POLITE little honk to let them know your waiting on them you get a finger, or a kick to your fender.

Sorry but bikes are an antiquated, outdated, mode of transportation. Just because YOUR stuck in the 1900's doesnt put the rest of us there. Obey the ****ing rules of the road, or risk getting hit when someone doesnt see you, simple as that.

Now...ALL this said, your right that it doesnt excuse running down that many people, BUT do not sit there and act like bicyclists are all pure and inocent and their **** smells like roses in springtime.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 PM

I break the law on my bike every time I ride it.
and with that one statement, you loose ANY right you have to *****, complain, or have a opinion.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 PM

Car Info: bici putas
Originally Posted by Overbear
Sorry but bikes are an antiquated, outdated, mode of transportation.
And your car which is not even close to 33% efficient is less "outdated" than my bike? A piston in a cylinder can only transmit a third of the fuel explosion in perfect conditions. Sounds to me like automobiles have a bit more progress to make before they're at a bike's level of refinement.

Some hack scientists at the exploratorium:

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/humanpower1.html

And regarding my breaking of traffic laws, the majority are when I don't use arm signals to make turns or lane changes. I look for a free opportunity so some distracted driver doesn't mow me down since I'm not in a car.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Sorry but bikes are an antiquated, outdated, mode of transportation. Just because YOUR stuck in the 1900's doesnt put the rest of us there.
But you being stuck in around 1776 with your views on guns and politics is any less outdated or antiquated?

How does that work, wise OverBear?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Bicyclists are entitled to the road as much as cars. Yes, they must obey all laws just like cars. It's terrible there are those bad seeds that ruin it for everyone. It doesn't mean the entire cycling community should be punished for it.

It is also sad that the only thing cycling related everyone knows about is "critical mass". Oh well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I hope I don't get ran over by an angry anti cycling Subaru driver.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon

I'm on a BIKE. It's treated like an automobile by law, but when you only need to replace your windshield because my head went through it, I'll need 200k in healthcare bills. I choose to break traffic laws on my bike, and when I do my wallet is in danger. When I (and anyone else) chooses to break traffic laws in a car, people's lives are in danger.
semantics. You're bound by the laws but you will not abide them? Just because you're willing to pay to break the law doesn't mean you're doing the right thing. What if you hit another biker or a pedestrian while disobeying those laws? Are you going to be able to just hop right up and dust them off? Where do you draw the line?

Last edited by PArex; 02-28-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:03 PM

But you being stuck in around 1776 with your views on guns and politics is any less outdated or antiquated?

How does that work, wise OverBear?
I'm sorry was there a amendment in the bill of rights that is the right to bicycles? Did I miss somthing?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm sorry was there a amendment in the bill of rights that is the right to bicycles? Did I miss somthing?
No. But the 10th Amendment states that "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Last edited by Turbo Rob; 02-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I made a comment about this earlier citing a known example as to why riders have to break a law.

I have seen cyclists get tickets for blowing through intersections and for biking under the influence. It happens. Not everyone gets caught but not every speeder gets caught either.
Yea I know I saw you example of the double parked cars. And with something like that, you ride around them SAFELY. Just as if a bus was pulled over and a car had to drive around it.

I break the law on my bike every time I ride it. I've been ticketed once for an illegal left turn when I rode across an empty intersection on a red light with a cop lurking behind a parked car. It was 330 bucks. My dad has two tickets for pulling similar moves. FYI, 99% of traffic light sensors don't pick up bikes because THEY'RE BIKES and not cars.

My argument, reiterated, is that breaking traffic laws on a bike causes no harm to people besides bugging drivers. I'm not condoning the behavior of aloof douches who ride two across on roads and don't move single file when cars approach, but get a grip when demonizing cyclists. We're not protected save for a foam ****ing helmet. We can't just send our leg off for a new coat of skin when someone hits us/ we hit them.
How many cars do you see driving on the sidewalk?

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Bicyclists are entitled to the road as much as cars. Yes, they must obey all laws just like cars. It's terrible there are those bad seeds that ruin it for everyone. It doesn't mean the entire cycling community should be punished for it.

It is also sad that the only thing cycling related everyone knows about is "critical mass". Oh well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I hope I don't get ran over by an angry anti cycling Subaru driver.
I havnt been saying that I hate all bikers, just the douche bag bikers. I hate them just as much (ok maybe a little bit more lol) than douche bag drivers. I get pissed when I see a car driving in the slow shoulder of the freeway passing 7+ cars going 80+ mph because they couldnt wait to pass normally.
IMO I think a lot of CM bikers are douches because of the tactics they resort to to try and get they're view out.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
and ill just leave these here