Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Not all roads have sidewalks.
Then you should not be walking there...
Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Then you should not be walking there...
My grandparents neighborhood has no sidewalks (even a few blocks from my house there are no sidewalks). So are you supposed to get in your car and drive to your neighbors house?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Im not saying it will solve the problem, or that its the right way to go about things, but thats just one example of what CAN/does/could happen.

It only takes one person (unlike CM where it takes dozens if not hundreds).

That one person could have put up with CM for days/months/years and always thought it was just annoying and a waste of time. But one day they are having the worst day of their life and are already on edge. The smallest thign could set them off.

It didnt have to be a car either. What if someone had a gun(s) and started shooting them instead? Or a knife, hell even a ****ing grenade

From what I read in the article it didnt say anything that it was premeditated, so its more along the lines of "he worked with what he had" and at the time and that was his car.

A committee of some sort would be a much better way at trying to handle things, but that takes A LOT of time, and not everyone one (as already seen) has that kind of patience.

Idk if im getting my point across the right way but ohwell. I can see your side of it, but its just not the way the world works (sadly).

I wouldnt expect to walk away from someone unhurt if i was in their face not letting them get by for a extended period of time. They would prolly punch me in the face for being a dick. So why expect that when its 1 on 1 but not many on many?
I understand the point you are trying to get across. People are getting more and more aggravated with CM and the anger is now coming out.

That alone is not a justification for running over a group of people of people over and people need to control their anger better. Just because I disagree with everything OverBear says and realize that he is a Neo-****-Con doesnt give me the right to act in violence against him.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
My grandparents neighborhood has no sidewalks (even a few blocks from my house there are no sidewalks). So are you supposed to get in your car and drive to your neighbors house?
Yup.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
I understand the point you are trying to get across. People are getting more and more aggravated with CM and the anger is now coming out.

That alone is not a justification for running over a group of people of people over and people need to control their anger better. Just because I disagree with everything OverBear says and realize that he is a Neo-****-Con doesnt give me the right to act in violence against him.
You're right, just because you dont agree doesnt give you the right to physically harm someone. But what are the odds of it happening?

If you two were to meet in person and continued a heated argument while calling each other names, do you think either of you would throw a punch?

*just using you two as an example. in no way am i saying either of you will/have/want to*

Its just the way the world is now-a-days A lot of people dont have enough self control and can snap
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Yup.
Name:  Buckwheat---Little-Rascals--C100369.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  10.5 KB
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
I heard a saying once, something about "if you play with fire...". I don't remember the rest.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by ldivinag
did the person use an assault vehicle?

did the vehicle hold more than 10 gallons of gas?

did the vehicle use a pistol grip to make it easier to mow down the cyclists?

[/sarcasm]
Priceless. Also, don't forget what year was the vehicle.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
You're right, just because you dont agree doesnt give you the right to physically harm someone. But what are the odds of it happening?

If you two were to meet in person and continued a heated argument while calling each other names, do you think either of you would throw a punch?

*just using you two as an example. in no way am i saying either of you will/have/want to*

Its just the way the world is now-a-days A lot of people dont have enough self control and can snap
I will say this

If I ever meet him in RL, I am more likely to shake his hand, and buy him a beer. WHile I may be a bit of a brute in my posts, and I can't stand certan archtypes of poeple, it don't mean you don't have to be civil in real life.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Old 02-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by Overbear
I will say this

If I ever meet him in RL, I am more likely to shake his hand, and buy him a beer. WHile I may be a bit of a brute in my posts, and I can't stand certan archtypes of poeple, it don't mean you don't have to be civil in real life.
Well this is how it SHOULD be
Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 AM

Come on broh forums are serious business
Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM

*sigh* as AL gets added as the 2nd person ever on i-club I have put on a ignore list so I wont see his posts.

The kid needs to grow up.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!

My issue with Overbear is only reactionary. I only started taking initiative to talk **** to him, because he has taken the time to talk **** to others for no reason.

Also...

Why would I bring my fists to a gun fight?

me----><---- OverBear

I definitely agree with you here though. Most people do not have the ability to control their anger in these situations which leads to violence. There is nothing okay with that and we should strive to be less violent. There are times when violence is excepted... like in self-defense against a violent act. Personally, I have been in more fights then most people. I used to get angry a lot quicker but that was immaturity. I have "won" fights (idk if anyone wins a street fight), I have lost fights, and I have been jumped. As I get older, I really take the time to step back and look at the situation with the aim to defuse without violence. Has this worked every time? Nope. I got into a bit of trouble last may for defending my friend outside of a bar. Does it usually work? Yes. Walking away isn't that hard.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
me----><---- OverBear
Wouldn't that more be....

............................................. <--- Overbear
You ---> .... .... .... .... ... .... ^rooftop^

Quick Reply: Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists