Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by brucelee
We all stopped and got in his face and he just kept riding away until we blocked him, took his bike and threw it off a cliff? Anyone remember that? One of the highlights of my life. I felt bad the guy who got his car all scratched up by that ahole
you sure the AF rejected you for your height and not you psych eval?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Krinkov
this.
regardless if your on a bike, in a car, on foot, on a bar stool, in line at the store, anywhere.
thats the way the world works kids.
i took a fist to the face (while paul@dbtuned looked on) trying to breakup a fight at oktoberfest. really?... i had it coming. trying to breakup two drunks fighting at 2pm in the afternoon like a half drunk captain america? shoulda though that through first. plus, im an ******* so it was probably just the universe balancing itself out or something.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah this guys going to jail for a LONG time for this, but yeah **** CRITICAL MASS!

Been stuck in a 20 minute traffic jam for these *** holes a couple times already here in SF, if that wasnt bad enough there were punks splitting lanes between stopped cars scraping the doors of the cars they rode by just to be dicks, some even had these, yes they do this ****.

I swear if I had a gun on me and one of them did that to my car. I'd probably be in jail right now.

Look I'm not a cyclist, but I have plenty of cycling friends and I pride myself on being aware of and courteous to cyclists. But I can confirm first hand that Masses are now just full of juvenile *******s who specifically set out to ruin motorists' days and even vandalize their cars.I really cant believe they still do Critical Mass under the pretense of "peaceful co-exsistance of bicyclists and motorists". People hate cyclists BECAUSE of **** like Critical Mass. and I doubt a Mass has ever done even the slightest favor for peaceful coexistence between cars and bikes. It's irrelevant at this point that the movement was started with the noblest of intentions - drivers hate Critical Mass, and then by extension they start to hate all cyclist. The whole things just gotta stop
sarcasm or not, thats pretty ignorant dude.
This has nothing to do with guns or the second amendment (seriously WTF?? )
This isnt a "us vs. them" issue. Re-read my post and tell me if Im being irrational about what Critical Mass has become. Like I said, this guy is going to jail for a LONG time, rightfully so, for what he did. But the idea that you can just **** with someone in public intentionally provoking a confrontation, and act surprised when you push someone too far just like this and act surprised when they over-react?? And think its your right just because your on a bike??

How about this, say its not a group of cyclist intentionally trying to provoke a group of motorists. Say its a group of people on foot in new york, that for whatever reason arent going to let people onto the subway, they will just block the doors and the escalators, for whatever reason. They dont care about the people that were just trying to get where they needed to get to, work, school, wherever, they just knew that they had the RIGHT to stand in their way for no reason, even thought they could have been courtesy and let them by, so they just did. What do you think would happen??

Like I said, not saying the guy should have done this, and hes going to jail for sure, but no one has the right to think that if they go out in public with the sole purpose to provoke people for no reason and then act surprised when they **** off the wrong person. Hell go into any bar and try to stop people from ordering and drink and see if you dont get your *** kicked, this has NOTHING to do with being on a bike or not, seriously!
I love scenario's.

Lets say this was a group of 150 I-Clubbers demonstrating for gun rights, gasoline, etc. (the cause doesn't matter). The demonstration happens once a month. The group blocks traffic, upsets people, etc. Lets even say that it takes place Berkeley. 10 of the demonstrators are actually really serious about the cause, 50 more are there to support the 10, and the rest are there drunk for the hell of it. A couple of these demonstrators are bad apples, absolute douche bags... inciting shenanigans. All of a sudden some crazed Prius driving hippie drives through the crowd because they either disagree OR they "have somewhere to be"...

See where I am getting at? The movement within itself has GREAT intentions... like moving away from oil dependence, developing cycling awareness, etc.

But at the end of the day none of these people OR the I-Clubbers in my example deserve to be ran over.

I'm not defending the validity or invalidity of CM... rather I was being sarcastic to the fact that most of the comments reflect ignorance by stating that these people deserve it OR **** happens. No one deserves that.

Also, my sarcastic dick like statement reflected the ignorance that has been this board lately when it comes too overall insensitivity towards.. well anything that isn't guns.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
you sure the af rejected you for your height and not you psych eval?
qft
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 AM

Car Info: wrx02
I shouldn't like this video too much. I respect road warriors who obey the law and courteous to drivers. But there are some riders out there who really test your patience. But then same can be said about aggressive drivers.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
you sure the AF rejected you for your height and not you psych eval?
The guy assaulted one of our members and purposely scratched his car as he drove by... We tried to reason with him but he wouldn't listen. A couple guys blocked his way with their cars and my friend Andrew threw his bike off a cliff into some poison oak. Be a fool and get owned.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
This is one of you guys;
The bicyclists went out with the intent of harrassing and impeding people. On some "critical mass" rides in the U.S., they have deliberately brought traffic to a standstill. Frankly, bad behavior like that deserves to be punished. Although jail time and fines are far more appropriate than serious bodily injury, I don't place the primary blame on the driver, but rather on the bicyclists.

They were in the process of riding. Not blocking.

Bicyclists get in my way all the time, and do beyond idiotic ****. I never try to mow them down, i've gotten into a few confrontations with bicyclists but I would never hit them with my car or try to scare them with it.

I don't think the guy was concerned with them blocking the street.

Had to also say if you really believe the fault is on the cyclists your are a dumbass, other countries aren't so carcentric like America it's a completely different situation, not to mention it's still totally ****ed even if it was America and they were stopping traffic.. Are you even American? I doubt it. You must be from North Korea.
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
qft

I know your both extremist right wing libs, want to guess how?

Critical massers deserve it. They go out, break the law, and act like they have a right to do it. I only wish someone in SF would have the stone ***** to do this during critical mass here.

Last time I got stuck in that crap, I had one of you biker hipster nutcases put a dent in my car...while "I" was in the right, in my lane, at a stop sign, obeing all the laws.

SO let me say it again, no syampthy for the bikers, **** critical massers.

Last edited by Overbear; 02-28-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Man I hate large groups of cyclists.

To be honest, I didn't know what to expect when I started watching the video, HOLY ****! I definitely did not expect to see what I saw. The dude went full on ape****. Could have been worse though, he could have opted of a zig zag pattern and taken out a lot more people. Luckily no one died. Granted there is one person who is in critical condition but I do find it to be rather amazing that (from watching the video) people were going up and over the car. Had the the car had been higher or something (brodozer) and people were going under, it would have been a lot worse.

I don't know how to feel about the whole incident though. For me, cyclists don't really bother me unless they are in large groups. Even when I was in Chico and driving to class there would be quite a few people on their bike riding to class but it was never that bad because it was a bunch of individuals going to different places. But when you get the packs of people riding together I can't stand it. Me and a couple of my friends almost got ran over by a pack of cyclists while we were walking along a road.

Reminds me of V for Vendetta...

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 02-28-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I love scenario's.

Lets say this was a group of 150 I-Clubbers demonstrating for gun rights, gasoline, etc. (the cause doesn't matter). The demonstration happens once a month. The group blocks traffic, upsets people, etc. Lets even say that it takes place Berkeley. 10 of the demonstrators are actually really serious about the cause, 50 more are there to support the 10, and the rest are there drunk for the hell of it. A couple of these demonstrators are bad apples, absolute douche bags... inciting shenanigans. All of a sudden some crazed Prius driving hippie drives through the crowd because they either disagree OR they "have somewhere to be"...

See where I am getting at? The movement within itself has GREAT intentions... like moving away from oil dependence, developing cycling awareness, etc.

But at the end of the day none of these people OR the I-Clubbers in my example deserve to be ran over.

I'm not defending the validity or invalidity of CM... rather I was being sarcastic to the fact that most of the comments reflect ignorance by stating that these people deserve it OR **** happens. No one deserves that.

Also, my sarcastic dick like statement reflected the ignorance that has been this board lately when it comes too overall insensitivity towards.. well anything that isn't guns.

Your scenario doesnt change a thing. If similar shenanigans are going on IE blocking traffic for extended period of time every month, people get pissed. You, me, and a large number of people know that people that hold CM KNOW that they are pissing people off. Reguardless of how extreme and true to the cause they are, they know they are provoking people.

That doesnt really help their "cause" anyways, it just gets more people upset.

Now im not saying i think the guy that drove thru everyone was right, but hell, it was really only a matter of time till someone snapped and did this! Then all the CMers are all "Omg, wtf, whats going on? Why would someone do that?" Acting as if they have no idea why someone like that could ever happen....and thats just stupid.

Im sure that there are no CMers that talk trash to motorists and they are holding things up either, provoking them even more. The pic Krinkov posted (and ive seen it before) just pisses me off (and im sure a lot of others too). Knowing that a select few ride around and key cars on purpose only adds fuel to the fire.

Last edited by stupidchicken03; 02-28-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
I know your both extremist right wing libs, want to guess how?

Critical massers deserve it. They go out, break the law, and act like they have a right to do it. I only wish someone in SF would have the stone ***** to do this during critical mass here.

Last time I got stuck in that crap, I had one of you biker hipster nutcases put a dent in my car...while "I" was in the right, in my lane, at a stop sign, obeing all the laws.

SO let me say it again, no syampthy for the bikers, **** critical massers.
You always tell people to read your posts fully so do the same.

When did I ever say that CM was okay? I don't ever recall saying that. I remember saying that it is wrong to run over any group of protesters. I do recall saying QFT in regards to what IRRATIONAL X said about BL not getting into the military for Psyche reasons as opposed to his height. But now I am liberal?

There is really zero need for me to tell you this but I have always voted Republican or Libertarian BUT apparently I am a liberal because I think it is wrong to run people over? I wouldn't be surprised if you were SO American that you don't vote.

For the record, I am not liberal just because you are a Neo-****-Con and running people over isn't Conservative. Go **** yourself.

Last edited by Turbo Rob; 02-28-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Your scenario doesnt change a thing. If similar shenanigans are going on IE blocking traffic for extended period of time every month, people get pissed. You, me, and a large number of people know that people that hold CM KNOW that they are pissing people off. Reguardless of how extreme and true to the cause they are, they know they are provoking people.

That doesnt really help their "cause" anyways, it just gets more people upset.

Now im not saying i think the guy that drove thru everyone was right, but hell, it was really only a matter of time till someone snapped and did this! Then all the CMers are all "Omg, wtf, whats going on? Why would someone do that?" Acting as if they have no idea why someone like that could ever happen....and thats just stupid.

Im sure that there are no CMers that talk trash to motorists and they are holding things up either, provoking them even more. The pic Krinkov posted (and ive seen it before) just pisses me off (and im sure a lot of others too). Knowing that a select few ride around and key cars on purpose only adds fuel to the fire.
I stand by my viewpoint that running over demonstrators is ignorant and wrong. Life is too short to give that much of a ****.

There are ways of getting back at someone that doesn't involve running them over. For instance, you could start a committee and bring the issue of safety up to your city council and propose that the police crack down on the group. They probably have weed, they are probably Biking under the Influence, they are probably breaking traffic rules, etc. Or you can take the lazy approach and run people over? Because that solves the problem?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
i took a fist to the face (while paul@dbtuned looked on) trying to breakup a fight at oktoberfest. really?... i had it coming. trying to breakup two drunks fighting at 2pm in the afternoon like a half drunk captain america? shoulda though that through first. plus, im an ******* so it was probably just the universe balancing itself out or something.
What made it funny was seeing your circa 1983 Orange Daryl Strawberry Oakleys go flying!

And to be fair, he did apologize.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Churro Aficionado

I stand by my viewpoint that running over demonstrators is ignorant and wrong. Life is too short to give that much of a ****.

There are ways of getting back at someone that doesn't involve running them over. For instance, you could start a committee and bring the issue of safety up to your city council and propose that the police crack down on the group. They probably have weed, they are probably Biking under the Influence, they are probably breaking traffic rules, etc. Or you can take the lazy approach and run people over? Because that solves the problem?
Im not saying it will solve the problem, or that its the right way to go about things, but thats just one example of what CAN/does/could happen.

It only takes one person (unlike CM where it takes dozens if not hundreds).

That one person could have put up with CM for days/months/years and always thought it was just annoying and a waste of time. But one day they are having the worst day of their life and are already on edge. The smallest thign could set them off.

It didnt have to be a car either. What if someone had a gun(s) and started shooting them instead? Or a knife, hell even a ****ing grenade

From what I read in the article it didnt say anything that it was premeditated, so its more along the lines of "he worked with what he had" and at the time and that was his car.

A committee of some sort would be a much better way at trying to handle things, but that takes A LOT of time, and not everyone one (as already seen) has that kind of patience.

Idk if im getting my point across the right way but ohwell. I can see your side of it, but its just not the way the world works (sadly).

I wouldnt expect to walk away from someone unhurt if i was in their face not letting them get by for a extended period of time. They would prolly punch me in the face for being a dick. So why expect that when its 1 on 1 but not many on many?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
But when you get the packs of people riding together I can't stand it. Me and a couple of my friends almost got ran over by a pack of cyclists while we were walking along a road.
wtf were you doing "walking" on the road? That's what side walks are for...

This is beautiful...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
wtf were you doing "walking" on the road? That's what side walks are for...
Not all roads have sidewalks.

Quick Reply: Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists