Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah this guys going to jail for a LONG time for this, but yeah **** CRITICAL MASS!

Been stuck in a 20 minute traffic jam for these *** holes a couple times already here in SF, if that wasnt bad enough there were punks splitting lanes between stopped cars scraping the doors of the cars they rode by just to be dicks, some even had these, yes they do this ****.

I swear if I had a gun on me and one of them did that to my car. I'd probably be in jail right now.

Look I'm not a cyclist, but I have plenty of cycling friends and I pride myself on being aware of and courteous to cyclists. But I can confirm first hand that Masses are now just full of juvenile *******s who specifically set out to ruin motorists' days and even vandalize their cars.I really cant believe they still do Critical Mass under the pretense of "peaceful co-exsistance of bicyclists and motorists". People hate cyclists BECAUSE of **** like Critical Mass. and I doubt a Mass has ever done even the slightest favor for peaceful coexistence between cars and bikes. It's irrelevant at this point that the movement was started with the noblest of intentions - drivers hate Critical Mass, and then by extension they start to hate all cyclist. The whole things just gotta stop

Hey Jeremy, I need a gunner for my tank, next CM I'll drive the tank and you shoot anyone who keys us.

I HATE CRITICAL MASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
YEAh! This is I-Club. Coffee??? We drink GASOLINE for breakfast and ride around with assault rifles in our trunks... I mean. I would have just shot all of them, personally. 2nd AMENDMENT!

/sarcasm
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Anyone remember the 2nd annual Mt Hammy meet where that one biker had a pole-like object sticking off the side of his bike and scratched someones car on purpose. Me and a few others stopped to call the cops but there was no reception (close to the observatory, 6 miles away I'd say). We all stopped and got in his face and he just kept riding away until we blocked him, took his bike and threw it off a cliff? Anyone remember that? One of the highlights of my life. I felt bad the guy who got his car all scratched up by that ahole
Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
being an avid cyclists, from my pov, bike parties and critical mass type events consist of less than 10% actual cyclists (people that ride regularly) everyone else there, is not really there for the "cause" they just want to be part of the party... so aside from being for cycling awareness and all.. f those guys, they just make us look bad (this is no way implies that i am for what happened, thats just plain wrong, but i think these events are dumb)

Last edited by krzyxrevver12; 02-27-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
Originally Posted by irrational x
at first i was all and

then i read "Critical Mass" and i was like
THIS.

It was only a matter of time till someone lost it and did this. Critical Mass is a huge load of ****ing BS. **** ppl off to prove your "cause" doesnt work. It gets you ran over.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
YEAh! This is I-Club. Coffee??? We drink GASOLINE for breakfast and ride around with assault rifles in our trunks... I mean. I would have just shot all of them, personally. 2nd AMENDMENT!

/sarcasm
Ya know, I've said this to a lot of board members before and I'll say it again: if you don't like it here, why bother sticking around?
There's lots of stuff I agree with and disagree with on i-Club, but at the end of the day, it's JUST a forum. Not taking anything seriously here is why I've been here for a decade.
Unless you're just trying to continue stirring the ****. In that case, carry on all you want.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Ya know, I've said this to a lot of board members before and I'll say it again: if you don't like it here, why bother sticking around?
There's lots of stuff I agree with and disagree with on i-Club, but at the end of the day, it's JUST a forum. Not taking anything seriously here is why I've been here for a decade.
Unless you're just trying to continue stirring the ****. In that case, carry on all you want.

If you can't beat them... talk **** to them.

And shoot guns... and do other American stuff like drive Subaru's.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
If you can't beat them... talk **** to them.

And shoot guns... and do other American stuff like drive Subaru's.
In other words, the 'Murican Way.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 05 Aspen Wagon
+1 reason to me never going to bike party and riding around with a lot of drunk people being dumb...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Baoser
+1 reason to me never going to bike party and riding around with a lot of drunk people being dumb...
Totally agree. Went to 1 Bike Party and then didn't bother anymore. Too many disrespectful cyclists and well, just way too many cyclists.

I ride myself and like to be in the habit of riding to work a couple times a week. Keeps me healthier and I enjoy it. Been a bit cold and rainy as of late though.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s

/sarcasm
sarcasm or not, thats pretty ignorant dude.
This has nothing to do with guns or the second amendment (seriously WTF?? )
This isnt a "us vs. them" issue. Re-read my post and tell me if Im being irrational about what Critical Mass has become. Like I said, this guy is going to jail for a LONG time, rightfully so, for what he did. But the idea that you can just **** with people in public intentionally provoking a confrontation, and act surprised when you push someone too far just like this and act surprised when they over-react?? And think its your right just because your on a bike??

How about this, say its not a group of cyclist intentionally trying to provoke a group of motorists. Say its a group of people on foot in new york, that for whatever reason arent going to let people onto the subway, they will just block the doors and the escalators, for whatever reason. They dont care about the people that were just trying to get where they needed to get to, work, school, wherever, they just knew that they had the RIGHT to stand in their way for no reason, even thought they could have been courtesy and let them by, so they just did. What do you think would happen??

Like I said, not saying the guy should have done this, and hes going to jail for sure, but no one has the right to think that if they go out in public with the sole purpose to provoke people for no reason and then act surprised when they **** off the wrong person. Hell go into any bar and try to stop people from ordering any drink and see if you dont get your *** kicked, this has NOTHING to do with being on a bike or not, seriously!

Last edited by Krinkov; 02-27-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
This is one of you guys;
The bicyclists went out with the intent of harrassing and impeding people. On some "critical mass" rides in the U.S., they have deliberately brought traffic to a standstill. Frankly, bad behavior like that deserves to be punished. Although jail time and fines are far more appropriate than serious bodily injury, I don't place the primary blame on the driver, but rather on the bicyclists.

They were in the process of riding. Not blocking.

Bicyclists get in my way all the time, and do beyond idiotic ****. I never try to mow them down, i've gotten into a few confrontations with bicyclists but I would never hit them with my car or try to scare them with it.

I don't think the guy was concerned with them blocking the street.

Had to also say if you really believe the fault is on the cyclists your are a dumbass, other countries aren't so carcentric like America it's a completely different situation, not to mention it's still totally ****ed even if it was America and they were stopping traffic.. Are you even American? I doubt it. You must be from North Korea.
as an avid cyclist, i tend to participate in events that dont **** with everyone elses day or the law. Tweed Ride and Critical Manners were both way better than the one Crit Mass i went to... those peeps are ****ing high.

bottom line: act a fool? get owned. thats how the world works, sorry all you liberal arts majors never learned that.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Baoser
...well you coming to iclub... take a look at the iclubber memorial posts then read the backstories... riding drunk and driving drunk are equally stupid, riding drunk just means you have less kinetic energy and no crumple zone.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by irrational x

bottom line: act a fool? get owned. thats how the world works, sorry all you liberal arts majors never learned that.

this.
regardless if your on a bike, in a car, on foot, on a bar stool, in line at the store, anywhere.
thats the way the world works kids.

Quick Reply: Maniac in Brazil mows down 150 bicyclists