Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I go to Ai, so my debt is still in the 5 digit range, not to make you jealous or anything haha.

Anyone can learn anything...theres guys from DeAnza that have some pretty high end jobs doing EA/Pixar etc. i hear stories all the time.

Thats why i always say, i wish i was born 10 years ago...or 40+ when animation was big...

Its all for a piece of paper thats says im smrater then those peeples

i figured it was better than going to normal college where 80% of the people respond:

A: "Whats your major?"

B: "Business" or "Engineering"

A: "Hmmf, have fun!" lol
Haha, my debt's still in the 5 digit range too. I also wished I had graduated in 99 or 00 (not a chance cuz I can't graduate from art school at the age of 18-19, lol) or hell, even 5 years ago. I'd probably be ahead of where I am right now. Hey, at least we both have a college degree with a fancy art school's name printed on it.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
right, and if i have to apply for a construction job if worse comes to worse, i wont be diggin' a ditch all day for $7 (back in summer of 04) haha
Old 07-23-2008, 06:14 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Man I could write an encyclopedia here. I took a 12 foot aluma-craft boat out into the middle of the Chesapeake Bay in one of the worst storms I've ever seen. I seriously should have never been seen again. Made over a dozen really bad *** pipe bombs in my dad's reloading station in our basement. Put one of those suckers in a flag hole at a golf course and you've got some serious laughter potential. Jumped into a massive drainage ditch after about a weeks worth of rain, should have died there too probably. I seriously have done more stupid ****, Darwin should have taken me off the rosters ages ago. I got pulled behind a jeep cherokee on rollerblades up to about 60 mph. Flipped a picnic table over and threw 500G mortars on the other side like hand grenades which caught most of my yard on fire and destroyed the front of the picnic table. I could really write for days on this.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Wagon
Man I could write an encyclopedia here. I took a 12 foot aluma-craft boat out into the middle of the Chesapeake Bay in one of the worst storms I've ever seen. I seriously should have never been seen again. Made over a dozen really bad *** pipe bombs in my dad's reloading station in our basement. Put one of those suckers in a flag hole at a golf course and you've got some serious laughter potential. Jumped into a massive drainage ditch after about a weeks worth of rain, should have died there too probably. I seriously have done more stupid ****, Darwin should have taken me off the rosters ages ago. I got pulled behind a jeep cherokee on rollerblades up to about 60 mph. Flipped a picnic table over and threw 500G mortars on the other side like hand grenades which caught most of my yard on fire and destroyed the front of the picnic table. I could really write for days on this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is amazed by their own survival to adulthood. Maybe we should bring up drinking stories next. I'll start: I turned 20 years old while living with people that owned a liquore store. I just shot tequila again for the first time in 5 years about a month ago.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by MinesPunk
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is amazed by their own survival to adulthood. Maybe we should bring up drinking stories next. I'll start: I turned 20 years old while living with people that owned a liquore store. I just shot tequila again for the first time in 5 years about a month ago.
I caused an honest-to-God riot at Mardi Gras once. Unbelieveable. Other than that just really retarded things I've done drinking with my friends. We take cases of beer cliff diving into the Susquehanna River. In retrospect, that's probably a bad combination.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Originally Posted by MinesPunk
When you're coming east towards Denver, after the Eisenhower tunnel. There's a few steep parts with some real good twists. I think the cop lit up in front of me on the last downhill section before the road splits into 3 eastbound lanes. I grew up out there, if you want any good roads let me know. Like the road to Telluride from Colorado Springs where you can do 110mph around Monarch Pass in a 2007 WRX Wagon, that's living the dream. Until the one Ferrari owner that can really drive brings his F430 out to play in the hills!
i know where ur talking about, yea there are some good hills down there, i'm still hoping that i can get a newer WRX or STI then make a run up Pikes Peak, i think that would be the ultimate thing to do
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I go to Ai, so my debt is still in the 5 digit range, not to make you jealous or anything haha.

Anyone can learn anything...theres guys from DeAnza that have some pretty high end jobs doing EA/Pixar etc. i hear stories all the time.

Thats why i always say, i wish i was born 10 years ago...or 40+ when animation was big...

Its all for a piece of paper thats says im smrater then those peeples

i figured it was better than going to normal college where 80% of the people respond:

A: "Whats your major?"

B: "Business" or "Engineering"

A: "Hmmf, have fun!" lol

shoot at least with the academy you can get a BA. I went to silicon valley college. Got a friggin certificate for $13,000. If you toss my school debt, my wife's school debt and our misc debt we're like $40k in the hole and that's NOTHING compared to some folks.

when you say 5 digit range and are worried about it you must live at home... haaaaa.

I basically ignore the school debt when I think about my debt and only look at CC and other stuff. School and cars are LIVING EXPENSES in my opinion as long as you're not going WAY over your head.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM

You think Art school and FIVE-digits in student debt is nuts? Try law school and SIX-figures of student debt. Granted, you can't just Google how to be lawyer, but damn, thinking about all the stuff I COULD HAVE bought with the amount law school is costing me is amazing (think - over 4 BRAND NEW STIs or almost a F430). I just hope to God that the decision doesn't go into my big book of "stupid things I've done" which is already becoming a multi-volume treatise as it is.

Oh, by the way, you can't outrun a bear. It's impossible. Don't even try. That may have been an even worse idea than shooting at it with anything less than 12ga buckshot. http://usparks.about.com/cs/natlpark...a/beartips.htm
________
Ss

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Oh, by the way, you can't outrun a bear. It's impossible. Don't even try. That may have been an even worse idea than shooting at it with anything less than 12ga buckshot. http://usparks.about.com/cs/natlpark...a/beartips.htm
You don't need to outrun the bear, you just need to outrun the other people running from the bear
Old 07-23-2008, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Wagon
96Imprez - I grew up right in the shadow of Pikes Peak. It would amazing to take one of our vehicles up that run. Gold Camp road is pretty historic around that area, and less touristy. But the best one I saw was some random service road that runs past a place called Cathedral Ranch. I think it may eventually run into Gold Camp. I definitely recommend that drive, just watch the big trucks.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by glenspen
You don't need to outrun the bear, you just need to outrun the other people running from the bear
Then he should have shot the other guys with the slingshot, not the bear.
________
Vaporite Solo Digital Vaporizer Instructions

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by kyoung05

you might not be able to outrun the bear but if you are being chased by one you want to run down hill.. bears front legs are shorter than the back and can topple over themselves.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
you might not be able to outrun the bear but if you are being chased by one you want to run down hill.. bears front legs are shorter than the back and can topple over themselves.
The more important question is.... can you outrun the guy your with.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
depends on who im with
Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Why outrun him? Just trip him!!

Quick Reply: Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger