Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by av98
This sounds about correct Kyle; avg 55-60 mph was not that hard. If I remember correctly there is 1 area you can easily make up the 90mph sections due to 1 really long straight; Twin Peaks parking lot -> entrance of semi-technical twisties after about 1 mile past the Grant Ranch Park if you were going downhill. There is an animal crossing 1/2 mile before the semi-technical twisties so watch out for boar or duck families crossing. If it's a snake or squirrel just run them over; squirrels usually get outta the way pretty quickly. Plus depending on season you always had to worry about damn gravel too.
save the fuzzy ducks, kill the ugly squirrels...got it lol

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
its harder than you think. There is a reason that there are only a handful of guys that can keep up with Christian, bruce and IB up there.
I want to give it a go, but im not starting in front of peoples houses for the first few miles, thats just ignorant to the max and not what i expected from a responsible group like us.

Why dont we start a new TT with radios, someone top and bottom to tell us if a car is coming down or not. or have a pace car go ahead a few minutes then the timed car behind them the whole way, both with radios. Ive talked about this for years but have never done it.

Originally Posted by Imprezzy
Yea, amazingly stupid things I've done. I'll tell you this, real talk. Going to art school.
LOL whats your major?

I was Video Game Art, then i switched to Media Arts and Animation...Then i found out that the average work week is 60 hours for many of the big companies...now i'm tryin to figure out how to get my Photo/Video/Painting/Arts&Crafts Class/Tattoo shop going lol

Or i'll give the 60 hr/week thing a shot for a few years...then slow down so my GF/Wife doesnt break up/divorce me
Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 AM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlvlgu8N6U4

No roads like this near me anymore
Old 07-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by smokey25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlvlgu8N6U4

No roads like this near me anymore
that looks like some fun
Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Wagon
Dumbest things I've done? That's a BIG list! It's a toss up between doing 110+mph in a stock 95 Impreza L on a downhill stretch of I-70 in the rocky mountains. Warped the crap out of my brakes when a cop ended up in front of me around a bend. Then there's the time me and my two best friends got faded for 7 hours straight, then thought it would be a good idea to mess with a .40 Glock in an apartment building in Boulder, CO. Gun went off, toilet got murdered, no cops tho. Then there was the time I broke my shoulder on a picnic table snowboarding after 3 days of riding and a combined total of 6 hours of sleep in 2 nights. But the biggest mistake? That one's easy: moving from Colorado to Central Illinois.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by MinesPunk
But the biggest mistake? That one's easy: moving from Colorado to Central Illinois.
WINNER!

100 in stock L. Shoot. Try 115 in a 1953 cadillac with original everything. It was like driving a boat on concrete. Oh and did I mention the brakes are 4 wheel drum and have a HARD pull when you step on them. Talking rip the wheel out of your hand and drive you off the road hard.

I don't think I could count my stupidity. Seriously. I have always been a few pennies short of a dollar when it comes to doing stupid things. Like driving in the snow on RE070's. Or driving my civic home back in the day in a blizzard in the middle of the night with a stuck window over 400 pounds springs and es100's. WOOT!. That was fun. Jumping in to lake tahoe.... in january.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
WINNER!

100 in stock L. Shoot. Try 115 in a 1953 cadillac with original everything. It was like driving a boat on concrete. Oh and did I mention the brakes are 4 wheel drum and have a HARD pull when you step on them. Talking rip the wheel out of your hand and drive you off the road hard.

I don't think I could count my stupidity. Seriously. I have always been a few pennies short of a dollar when it comes to doing stupid things. Like driving in the snow on RE070's. Or driving my civic home back in the day in a blizzard in the middle of the night with a stuck window over 400 pounds springs and es100's. WOOT!. That was fun. Jumping in to lake tahoe.... in january.
The passenger van with no chains full of kids? The donuts in the parking lot of BOA just barely missing the light pole?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
WINNER!

lol'd
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
The passenger van with no chains full of kids? The donuts in the parking lot of BOA just barely missing the light pole?
Yeah baby chrysler mini vans RIP in the snow with no wheel wells and the weight of 8 junior high kids.

I think Jeff got closer to that pole than I did.... HAAAA
Old 07-22-2008, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Originally Posted by MinesPunk
Dumbest things I've done? That's a BIG list! It's a toss up between doing 110+mph in a stock 95 Impreza L on a downhill stretch of I-70 in the rocky mountains. Warped the crap out of my brakes when a cop ended up in front of me around a bend. Then there's the time me and my two best friends got faded for 7 hours straight, then thought it would be a good idea to mess with a .40 Glock in an apartment building in Boulder, CO. Gun went off, toilet got murdered, no cops tho. Then there was the time I broke my shoulder on a picnic table snowboarding after 3 days of riding and a combined total of 6 hours of sleep in 2 nights. But the biggest mistake? That one's easy: moving from Colorado to Central Illinois.
where might this be located??
Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Wagon
When you're coming east towards Denver, after the Eisenhower tunnel. There's a few steep parts with some real good twists. I think the cop lit up in front of me on the last downhill section before the road splits into 3 eastbound lanes. I grew up out there, if you want any good roads let me know. Like the road to Telluride from Colorado Springs where you can do 110mph around Monarch Pass in a 2007 WRX Wagon, that's living the dream. Until the one Ferrari owner that can really drive brings his F430 out to play in the hills!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by brucelee
Easy to hit 100
yup...

those were TEH days.

i forgot who said something about the 10-15mph hairpins and the tail hanging out..

to answer your question YES!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:50 PM

Car Info: 2004 2.5 RS
Originally Posted by brucelee
All joking aside, reflecting on the past, I've done some really stupid and dangerous things, one of the stupidest things I've done was about 8 or 9years ago... basically I would race my car up Mt Hamilton with a few friends (not really racing each other, more of a time trail to see who could get the fastest time from the bottom to the top, we'd have a stop watch and someone at the top to confirm).. I was in my RS when it was at its peak, I had my suspension done to my liking, perfectly tuned, some little HP dealies, but HP doesn't matter on that road (well, to a point). Man, the speeds we'd get to.... the crazy close calls... Some of the cliffs near the top are 500 feet sheer cliffs with no trees or anything... You can just imagine what could have happened...

Scares the hell out of me now but I'd still like to do it again (in a safer way)

My fastest time was 23 I believe... Christian did it in his M3 in 22!

Keep in mind the road is 21miles long and very technical.

I'd go through tires every 6 months, and I MILKED them for all they were worth... Thats when price of gas was like $2.29 a gallon of premium.

So what stupid things did you do, be it once or a hobby like mine.
Ah killing tires. Those were the days.

Admit it... if gas was cheaper you'd still be doing it.
would it be a bad thing if im still doing it?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Vince25RS
would it be a bad thing if im still doing it?
Just know your limits
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
LOL whats your major?

I was Video Game Art, then i switched to Media Arts and Animation...Then i found out that the average work week is 60 hours for many of the big companies...now i'm tryin to figure out how to get my Photo/Video/Painting/Arts&Crafts Class/Tattoo shop going lol

Or i'll give the 60 hr/week thing a shot for a few years...then slow down so my GF/Wife doesnt break up/divorce me
Computer arts, new media (it's the Academy of Art's name for everything that falls into graphic, multimedia, and web design). I walked in going, "awesome, I get to learn cool stuff that I can't learn myself and use software I can't get!" Then a year or two later, broadband internet blows up and everyone's pirating software and then tutorials are posted all over the internet. Now everyone's learned software, techniques, and tricks that I spent thousands learning in art school at a click of a button or a Google search. Lulz. Boy was my face red to find out how much debt I was in and not much to show for it. Anyway, that's the end of my soap box. Don't mind me, I'm just bitter because I'm sorta like, "Well, ****, what now?"
Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I go to Ai, so my debt is still in the 5 digit range, not to make you jealous or anything haha.

Anyone can learn anything...theres guys from DeAnza that have some pretty high end jobs doing EA/Pixar etc. i hear stories all the time.

Thats why i always say, i wish i was born 10 years ago...or 40+ when animation was big...

Its all for a piece of paper thats says im smrater then those peeples

i figured it was better than going to normal college where 80% of the people respond:

A: "Whats your major?"

B: "Business" or "Engineering"

A: "Hmmf, have fun!" lol

Quick Reply: Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger