Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
18 miles actually from Alum Rock to the Top. I measured it once, and confirmed on a map program.

When I used to tag along, I got as fast as 27minutes
Old 07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah

Can someone give me mile markers or landmarks so i can look at it on googlemaps?

and it was uphill or downhill?
uphill and downhill times are pretty much identical, within a minute.

these are downhill times.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
except at the bottom of the hill...you will need to change your underwear lol

18 miles sounds better with a 22 minute time, avg speed like 50 im guessing.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
so many young & stupid years+times to account. i guess one of the biggest car-related ones was bombing down I-5 w/about almost 30 buddies+ rides to hit the very first Battle of the Imports. we left The Bay at like 2am, so there was very little traffic or cops. but it was a freakin monsoon almost the whole way to Palmdale. We still needle on the speedo more than a few times too.......dumb+stupid for sure.

one of my boys takes the cake for king knucklehead for sure. he took on a job to sell insurance door to door in compton and south central. he's also the same guy that got busted for shooting cans with his ak-47 in his backyard back in freshman year of college (golden gate heights in sf) his house is stocked up like a dang armory.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah

Can someone give me mile markers or landmarks so i can look at it on googlemaps?

and it was uphill or downhill?
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...00751&t=h&z=12
Old 07-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Old School

Oh, and there are over 375 turns...
Old 07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by brucelee
All joking aside, reflecting on the past, I've done some really stupid and dangerous things, one of the stupidest things I've done was about 8 or 9years ago... basically I would race my car up Mt Hamilton with a few friends (not really racing each other, more of a time trail to see who could get the fastest time from the bottom to the top, we'd have a stop watch and someone at the top to confirm).. I was in my RS when it was at its peak, I had my suspension done to my liking, perfectly tuned, some little HP dealies, but HP doesn't matter on that road (well, to a point). Man, the speeds we'd get to.... the crazy close calls... Some of the cliffs near the top are 500 feet sheer cliffs with no trees or anything... You can just imagine what could have happened...

Scares the hell out of me now but I'd still like to do it again (in a safer way)

My fastest time was 23 I believe... Christian did it in his M3 in 22!

Keep in mind the road is 21miles long and very technical.

I'd go through tires every 6 months, and I MILKED them for all they were worth... Thats when price of gas was like $2.29 a gallon of premium.

So what stupid things did you do, be it once or a hobby like mine.
Ah the good old days of Tuesday night runs after UCKK. I never would have dreamed of going as fast as you guys. My brain is bigger than my *****. But yea, that was always a crazy adventure going out there. Several times I boiled my brake fluid to the point that the brake light would come on cause I almost had no fluid left. You never knew what was going to happen when we went out there. The night we all sat at Carl's Jr off White cause the Sheriff's were patrolling the road and we sent Christian up to investigate it. Caught by a sheriff mid drift around a curve.

That tool with the wagon that had the AVS tires on the back and bald stock front tires that went off the road trying to follow you and Aaron. I went by and didn't even know he was off the road. Getting to the top and you guys asking me if I saw him anywhere on the road.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 PM

haha thanks...but why do you guys time yourself from town and around houses?

If i set a starting point, it would be after Quimby at the lake, that way there are no pets or people to hit, and less cops.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...37594&t=h&z=15
Old 07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I'd love to share stories but I'm not allowed to talk about :

Fight Club
Dateline NBC : To Catch A Predator
Where's Waldo
Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Oh, how about driving a VW vanagon from the passenger seat up I-5 just to freak people out?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by ryball
Oh, how about driving a VW vanagon from the passenger seat up I-5 just to freak people out?
or my pic of me driving down 80 with only my feet
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I won't go into the details, but dumbest thing I've done involved the following items:

1. M60 Machine gun.
2. 11,000 rounds of 4 n 1 tracer ammo.
3. Fresh picked Psilocybin mushrooms.
4. Your's Truly.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM

put on some dark sunglasses and tilt your head back and leave your mouth open, amybe drool a little so it looks like youre sleeping...i do that all the time
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
shoot we drove a 80's toyota mini van down niles like that. I-5 is a sinch. I've driven it with my eyes closed at around 100mph using brail.

Shoot back in the day we were smashing through mount shasta and I shut my lights off and snuck up on the car that was in front of our caravan on the side. Rolled in about 6 inches off their bumper and blasted them with my high beams. Scared the hell out of them... haa.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Ah the good old days of Tuesday night runs after UCKK. I never would have dreamed of going as fast as you guys. My brain is bigger than my *****. But yea, that was always a crazy adventure going out there. Several times I boiled my brake fluid to the point that the brake light would come on cause I almost had no fluid left. You never knew what was going to happen when we went out there. The night we all sat at Carl's Jr off White cause the Sheriff's were patrolling the road and we sent Christian up to investigate it. Caught by a sheriff mid drift around a curve.

That tool with the wagon that had the AVS tires on the back and bald stock front tires that went off the road trying to follow you and Aaron. I went by and didn't even know he was off the road. Getting to the top and you guys asking me if I saw him anywhere on the road.
I came out of hammy once with so much smoke coming out of my wheels I had to ask tedd if I was on fire. No brakes at all. Zero.

Quick Reply: Man, its amazing how stupid some of us were when we were younger