Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 AM

here's the video of the shooting

http://www.ktvu.com/video/18406930/index.html
Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Another fact that indeed the Blue "who we're supposed to trust" screws up again.
Should be a real easy case. That footage of the guy on the actual BART shows the gun being pulled and fired while this guy is laying on his stomach. Although they state there was a "brief" struggle, there was an Officer with his knee on the guys neck! Then the BART officer fires.
BART Officer gets fired, BART and whoever else is in charge of the officers get sued. The family + Burris will get millions each. BART EX-Cop (cuz I'm sure he'll be guilty) might get criminally charged.

What happened to freedom of press? The guy next to the gurl gets arrested that uhh didn't look like they were doing anything but recording the cops. Cops keep tryin to cover **** up off of film, EVERYTHING they do should be recorded as they are supposed to do everything the correct way!

There should be a law that states there are no arrest possible to be made unless there is video evidence or something. Make each cop wear some mini-cam.

Last edited by iLoqin; 01-04-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
the current trend with public transportation, especially rail, is to have security camers with digital video recorders. they install them inside the trains, outside the trains, and in the stations. they try to get 100% coverage.

i'd be extremely surprised if BART didn't have them.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
let's say he was being a jackass, let's say he was committing a crime, this still does not warrant lethal force. taze him or something. bullet to the back? thats borderline execution style if the context was slightly different.

pisses me off that bystanders get arrested or cameras confiscated for doing absolutely nothing wrong. seems to me it would be MORE of a liability if they did that to bystanders. i have nothing to hide but i also dont want to live in a police state.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
i bet they'll invest in tasers for the future
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Oh, wow. Just viewed the link for that phone camera. I'm lake of words to express how wrong that is. Sad sad sad......
Could it be that he though it was his tazer he shot? That looks like a typical situation and a typical position that officers will point at suspect when tazing somebody. He might have made wrong calculation to pull out a gun instead of a tazer in that split second. "Oh my God!," says the officer. That explains why. I hope it was a mistake by the officer. I want to refuse to think it was intentional because it's just so wrong if it was intentional. Either way, this is very very wrong. I feel bad for the victem and his family.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Yin

the truly sad part is that in incidents like this, any institution or organization responsible will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER accept responsibility or be accountable for something like this. its always, "we'll try to fight in court" just so they can lose and as a result waste more of people's time and money, because once you say you are accountable, there is no reason for a trial. the mentality is, "we can at least have a chance to win in court" as opposed to just saying it was your fault, which = zero chance of innocence. this sets a poor example for society and the individual.

Last edited by Yin; 01-04-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
i bet they'll invest in tasers for the future
I believe BART police already carry tazer. Look at the video carefully. Woman police already pulled out a tazer. Look at either front or left side of the officer's belt, tazer is yellow collar.
If I remmember correctly, 4-5yrs ago - a female officer shot somebody thinking she had a tazer in her hand. (in Chico)
I also feel bad for that police and other BART officer who have to deal with this mess.

Last edited by willow; 01-04-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Yin

yes yes there are good cops out there trying to help people out, one of my best friends is a police officer. guys like this make them look bad
Old 01-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
the truly sad part is that in incidents like this, any institution or organization responsible will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER accept responsibility or be accountable for something like this. its always, "we'll try to fight in court" just so they can lose and as a result waste more of people's time and money, because once you say you are accountable, there is no reason for a trial. the mentality is, "we can at least have a chance to win in court" as opposed to just saying it was your fault, which = zero chance of innocence. this sets a poor example for society and the individual.
Our sue happy society has made it hard for people to admit guilt with a simple apology.

I still don't think it was intentional, what kind of person (cop or not) draws a gun in a crowded area where he knows hes being watched and/or video taped and shoots someone whos face down on the floor in the back?

The cop screwed up, plain and simple, unfortunately he took a life. He'll stand trial and may even see jail time. Its a shame that model citizen put himself in a position for us to be even having this discussion. I wish people knew how to behave themselves in public so this sort of thing didn't happen. No one wins in this case.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

here is a different video from las vegas of a LEO discharging while restraining a guy laying face down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSJgcpqePk

the woman cop shoots the guy o_o
Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 PM

http://www.ktvu.com/video/18409168/index.html

I don't know if this is repost, but it appears to be this officer made a honest mistake. Now, I feel very sad and sorry for both side.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI

Here it is... 1:04 you'll here the shot. Prior you'll clearly see the dude on the ground and in handcuffs.

sad

EDIT:

Here is the another raw footage shot from the girl who filmed this along with her talking to the news about what was going down.

Last edited by KOSTI; 01-04-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by Roo
At least there's one more criminal off the streets. The guy was probably taunting the officer...

...too bad he was such a bad shot that it took hours for him to die, though. I'd fire the officer for being a bad shot.
Wow...Wow...Wow...are YOU serious? This is all ill say to a comment like this...
Old 01-04-2009, 05:52 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by Roo
At least there's one more criminal off the streets. The guy was probably taunting the officer...

...too bad he was such a bad shot that it took hours for him to die, though. I'd fire the officer for being a bad shot.

Originally Posted by A 04 GUIZE
no, that just means he got to suffer for a bit.

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Wow...Wow...Wow...are YOU serious? This is all ill say to a comment like this...

CaliSuby, I express the same thoughts..

You two are ****ing *******s.

A young man is now dead and *******s like you always seem to reply with **** like this. Yes, there is always two sides to a story but goddamn, have some respect for what happened. After watching the videos, reading the stories, and looking at everything; who is to say this guy deserved this? Did you even bother looking at the raw footage before making such a statement?

I missed these two post but I just can not believe you'd both go there.

Quick Reply: Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)