Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Y'all are funny.

How many of you have ever had

A) A gun stuffed into your face

or

B) Had to stuff a gun into someone's face?

I've been on both sides & it isn't a pleasant experience for all parties involved.

At the end of the day, the "suspect" is dead and the "cop" goes home.
The outcome may have been different if the "suspects" kept their mouths shut & complied with the officer.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Thank you^^
Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
The outcome may have been different if the "suspects" kept their mouths shut & complied with the officer.
Which is why I say it is better to err on the side of caution.

Not aggravating an officer who has a gun goes up there on the list of 'Things That I Can Do, But Shouldn't', right behind 'Driving with my knees.'
Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by KOSTI
He'd be alive if he just shut up huh?

He was NOT resisting!

There aint no excuse for this type of force and even if he was not "shot" and was "tased' it still would have been uncalled for.

Man, dont even get me started.......

out
You know, I'm not too sure if Grant was resisting or not. It's very hard to tell from the video. If he did in fact was resisting to be hancuffed, I think tazing him is actually can be justified. But of course, in this case, officer used a real handgun. Why? That's the question. Was it accidental, confused, druged, drunk, major depression, suicidal,...? But he seemed to be surprised himself in the video. Which lead me to believe that he thought he was holding his taser. But who knows....
Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
friggin scary if you really think about it. For all those cops. Easy to make a mistake that can end a life.

Just keep thinking of this situation and it just sucks. I feel bad for everyone. 2 years on the force is not a long time. Gonna change his whole life plan. 4 year old kid left behind. At least he'll be taken care of since the whole family will be living fat off the 25 million.

Just a terrible situation the more I think about it.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
What I find funny...

We see this every time a news clip of police brutality hits youtube. Some punks mouthing off to cops and the cops either taking it or lashing out.

I consider myself a reasonable person of sound mind. If I (or you) saw a guy walking down the street with a firearm holstered on his belt would you mouth off to him (if you were unarmed)? Lets say he did something to really **** you off. Would you let him have it then? Probably not. You don't know him or what he's capable of and you really don't want to be shot. I personally wouldn't mess with the dude. I'd forget about it and go home. Now slap a uniform and badge on the same armed man. Would you let him have it then and give him a good verbal lashing? Just because he's wearing a badge doesn't mean he won't flip out, or make some error in judgement. He is after all Human. As humans we are not perfect, usually quite the opposite. Right or wrong, I wouldn't put myself in that situation. With the information we have, I agree that what happened was a tragedy. But....

This is natural selection at work.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
This is natural selection at work.
Just when I thought this thread was about to mellow out....
Old 01-08-2009, 01:56 PM

Y'all are funny.

or

I've been on both sides & it isn't a pleasant experience for all parties involved.

I agree not keeping your mouth shut warrants being shot. Thats totally logical. I'm glad you think words such as "cop" and "suspect" are more important than who the people actually were, and what they did. One is one time convicted criminal, one is cold blooded killer. But yea way to use intelligence to make your argument.

Well now the cop is the suspect, and with good reason. No way he will avoid a criminal trial.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by KOSTI
He'd be alive if he just shut up huh?

He was NOT resisting!

There aint no excuse for this type of force and even if he was not "shot" and was "tased' it still would have been uncalled for.

Man, dont even get me started.......

out
he wasnt resisting? he was on the floor for a good ten seconds while two cops struggled to keep him down...if he wasnt resisting, he would have been cuffed, the cop would have stood up and not had to reach for a sidearm...thats why after he was shot, they still proceeded to cuff him
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Y'all are funny.

or

How do you know he didn't comply? Video shows him with one cops knee on his neck, and the other cop get up, pull out the gun...

It doesn't show the guy trying to get up, doesn't show him throwing his arms around hitting the cops...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
I agree not keeping your mouth shut warrants being shot. Thats totally logical.
No, it really isn't.

I would reject any mentality that says 'Speak up and you will get shot.'

This is not a facist state, and we cannot allow the police to act as such.

At the same time, yes it behooves you to comply with an officer who is acting within his power and protocol.

Chris - There is nothing 'natural' about this tragedy.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
^ i think he was being sarcastic
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by slugrx
he wasnt resisting? he was on the floor for a good ten seconds while two cops struggled to keep him down...if he wasnt resisting, he would have been cuffed, the cop would have stood up and not had to reach for a sidearm...thats why after he was shot, they still proceeded to cuff him
still doesnt warrant the whole bullet in teh back thing.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by slugrx
Have you even been slammed to the ground by a cop? Have you ever had two cops on you like that? You aint going ANYWHERE.

Procedure, one of the back near your shoulders and neck, One on the legs. Even if you were kicking, which he was not, you aint gonna do ****.

So no, he was NOT resisting. Punk *** cop didnt know how to deal with **** and shot him.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .

Quick Reply: Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)