Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Rescuer
(01-07) 21:13 PST Oakland -- A protest over the fatal shooting by a BART police officer of an unarmed man mushroomed into a violent confrontation tonight, as a faction of protesters smashed a police car and storefronts, set several cars on fire and blocked streets in downtown Oakland.

Protesters smashed the storefronts of McDonald's as well as stores called Creative African Braids and Oakland Yoon's Pharmacy. Cars along 14th Street were smashed, and some were set ablaze.

A woman walked out of Creative African Braids holding a baby in her arms.
"This is our business," she shouted. "This is our shop. This is what you call a protest?"

Nia Sykes, 24, of San Francisco, a protester who was with the group, said, "I feel like the night is going great. I feel like Oakland should make some noise. This is how we need to fight back.

"It's for the murder of a black male," said Sykes, who is black. The demonstration "is totally appropriate."

Sykes had little sympathy for the owner of Creative African Braids.

"She should be glad she just lost her business and not her life," Sykes said. She added that she did have one worry for the night: "I just hope nobody gets shot or killed."
Someone should ****ing shoot this ***** already...
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

You cannot say that you don't know due to not being in their shoes. That's ****ing bull****. All they had to do was walk around with some picket signs and sit around the bart station... simply protest.

Rioting does not help anyone, helps no cause, and get them no where. They riot cause they lack maturity, respect, and logic. Being mad, and upset, doesn't mean you smash a cop car and business windows. That's just pathetic...
Your empathy knows no bounds.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .

"worlds funniest moments" got interrupted
Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Nia Sykes, 24, of San Francisco, a protester who was with the group, said, "I feel like the night is going great. I feel like Oakland should make some noise. This is how we need to fight back.

"It's for the murder of a black male," said Sykes, who is black. The demonstration "is totally appropriate."

Sykes had little sympathy for the owner of Creative African Braids.

"She should be glad she just lost her business and not her life," Sykes said. She added that she did have one worry for the night: "I just hope nobody gets shot or killed."
just plain ignorant.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
should be shot...on the spot...no questions asked
Wow.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
one day... karma... something something...
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I just love watching the news with people starting off their sentences " I AM not racist but..."

Just say it, dont buffer yrou ****...

I remember a "IN LIVING COLOR" where Jim Carrey had a part where he said " I am not prejudice, I have a color tv"
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Old School

There is NO excuse for this behavior... ZERO excuse!

I don't care who you are, just try to give some sort of reason to make rioting ok. It simply doesn't exist. 10 seconds in their shoes would tell me that they are exactly what's wrong with youth today.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer

"worlds funniest moments" got interrupted
Sometimes the material just writes itself.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 PM

Someone should ****ing shoot this ***** already...
You're condemning them for being violent, but say that they should be shot. Hypocrite much?

I'm done with this thread. A few of you are sick and I don't feel like arguing.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 PM

Wow.
wow what...**** them. They are costing the tax payer thousands tonight,

firefighters, police, detruction,

that is tax payer dollars fixing that cop car, and the claims adjusters coming after the city for damages to that guy/chicks burned out car. who is paying for all of that police coverage, and fire fighting coverage. plus the on calls.

who is gonna have to fix that **** in the morning, the city... so yeah ****ign shoot them, lock them up and bill them out for damages.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
wow what...**** them. They are costing the tax payer thousands tonight,

firefighters, police, detruction,

that is tax payer dollars fixing that cop car, and the claims adjusters coming after the city for damages to that guy/chicks burned out car. who is paying for all of that police coverage, and fire fighting coverage. plus the on calls.

who is gonna have to fix that **** in the morning, the city... so yeah ****ign shoot them, lock them up and bill them out for damages.
Shooting people is what caused this ****ing problem in the first place!

Yeah, let's shoot more ****ing people! That's CLEARLY THE SOLUTION!

Is everyone ****ing RETARDED?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

You cannot say that you don't know due to not being in their shoes. That's ****ing bull****. All they had to do was walk around with some picket signs and sit around the bart station... simply protest.

Rioting does not help anyone, helps no cause, and get them no where. They riot cause they lack maturity, respect, and logic. Being mad, and upset, doesn't mean you smash a cop car and business windows. That's just pathetic...
whoa take it easy . i said i dont condone the violence. so i suppose i am ****ing ****ting you . i agree that they are immature and stupid, and you are absolutely right in that this was a result of poor parenting, poor leadership, poor role models. but i guess i empathize too much . call me an anarchist, but the people need a voice, oppressed or not.

i'm on your side. dont taze me bro... too soon?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 PM

Shooting people is what caused this ****ing problem in the first place!

Yeah, let's shoot more ****ing people! That's CLEARLY THE SOLUTION!

Is everyone ****ing RETARDED?
perhaps the cop had a reason to shoot him in the first place. were you there? no you werent so STFU.

the first guy doiesnt have a back story but if you are jumping on a cop car, yes you deserve to be shot for being retarded. you know you wouldnt be up on that cop car if you didnt have 200 people aroudn you egging you on so why would you be up there any other reason. **** you yoru shot, thanks for playing go jump on yoru own car you ghetto ****.

that is how i stand. if you are a cop hatign hippie thats your deal, but if you dont presonally know what started this you have no more reason to ***** about it than anyone else.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Old School

You're condemning them for being violent, but say that they should be shot. Hypocrite much?

I'm done with this thread. A few of you are sick and I don't feel like arguing.
That woman right there feels that it's perfectly ok to riot and bust a cop car, light cars on fire, and bust windows of businesses that have nothing to do with the BART shooting. Somewhere in there is some missing logic, something missing, cause there isn't a connection.

Do want her to perish, yes... why? because she's filth, she represents what's wrong with youth today. No drive to be productive, can't see past skin color, looking for an excuse to destroy others property...

Sure, it's ****ing subzero freezing cold of me to wish this, but I do. I don't care for them, cause I feel there is no excuse for their behavior. They do this kind of **** everyday, all day long, being scum.

Quick Reply: Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)