Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM

Car Info: .
I heard a few of the rioters speak of community. Expanding on what joltdudec said about community, the only time we see any collaboration of community is when it is time to worsen their community, not improve it. Tonight is another point in case example of "fine" community activity.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
That piece of **** bart cop resigned...
Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
For thos eof you that dont know put this to sublime's April 26th, 1992

January 7, 2009
There was a riot on the streets
tell me where were you

You were sittin home watching your TV
while I was participatin in some anarchy

First spot we hit it was the int'l avenue
I lit a dumpster on fire, where were you?
With red and blue lights flashin', try to flip that s**t
And then we turned that int'l ave into a protest pit.

Next stop we hit, it was the random car,
It only took one stupid group of ****ing retards
Finally we got our 15 minutes of fame
We are causin the destruction but the cops are to blame

They said it was for the black man
They said it was for the mexican
But not for the white man
But if you look at the streets, it wasn't about Oscar Grant
It's this ****ed-up situation and so we chant
NO justice NO peace, NO justice No peace
And it became 187 on the BART police
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I ****ing hate these people.

Using that poor guys death as an excuse to riot.

Saw a lady who was protesting earlier and was pleading with the *******s around her, asking them to stop rioting...

Lady, they don't give a **** about anyone but themselves...

gagan i like you alot!!! you dont discriminate you just plain tell the truth!!!

i owe you a beer sometime, we can chat about alot of things!!! =)
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
That piece of **** bart cop resigned...
smart guy, now the BART police cant make him cooperate in the investigation. he doesnt have to help BART with the police invetigation and more than likely will only be liable for monetary damages.

he has a good lawyer.

he still can be criminally prosecuted but since h doesnt work for the BART anymore the city DA will not have access to a statement he woudl HAVE to give if he still worked for that PD.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
In my opinion, racism is a lot more prevalent than most white males are willing to admit.

Disclaimer: I'm just spit-balling here, not really saying what I believe is true or not:

Is that why they showed up? I didn't see the reason in any of the previous news reports...

Even if that's case--and I agree with you that they didn't show up because of skin color--I think the idea is that the same amount of force would not have been used on someone who was white.
I grew up in NYC, I didn't go to a private school, I went to the same schools as the kids from the projects. My skin color wasn't the majority in my schools. I can say, undoubtedly, racism is still alive in major 'progressive' cities all over the country. However, I have also seen imagined racism used as a cheap excuse to explain everything from lack of personal accountability to the reason why someone wasn't hired for a job.

Thankfully I haven't heard anyone play the race card in this situation.

Yes, the cops showed up to a report of a fight on the train and this guy was apparently of enough interest to end up face down on the platform. He wasn't the only black guy on that train on in that station, so to say he was singled out because of the color of his skin is ridiculous.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Old School

Ron Dellums got booooed after he talked with one of the crowds.

I hope these riot morons get their just deserts of lead someday. I'm sure a few of them will soon regret dropping the soap.

I'm just so ****ing frustrated with these loser, ghetto, ****ing people. Young people. Just watching them on tv run around like a pack of baboons, jumping on cars and lighting them on fire. I swear to god, I hope all these sacks of ****s die tonight.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM
VIP Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...5CN1.DTL&tsp=1

Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
It's all perspective. We can sit in our nice apartments and homes and judge all we want. But saqwarrior is right and I share his sentiment: "I also won't condemn them because I don't know how I'd react if I were in their shoes." I do not condone the violence, as I don't think that is the answer, and I don't know what the answer is for these type of protests where emotions run high (well one obvious answer is to not f up police cars). When **** hits the fan, some people use diligence, prudence, and diplomacy to find creative solutions for perceived injustice, and some people turn to violence in order to raise awareness. the bottom line is people just want to know that those who protect society are not doing the exact opposite.

Last edited by Yin; 01-07-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Old School

This has NOTHING to do with race. It has everything to do with LAZY, UNFOCUSED, YOUNG PEOPLE who were not BROUGHT UP WELL by their parents...

It has nothing to do with economic situation, it has everything to do with a lack of respect for property, authority and complete lack of backbone.

I don't know what else to blame other than horrible parenting. There are plenty of great people who grew up in horrible environments, most can attribute this to good parents/role models.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Yin
It's all perspective. We can sit in our nice apartments and homes and judge all we want. But saqwarrior is right and I share his sentiment: "I also won't condemn them because I don't know how I'd react if I were in their shoes." I do not condone the violence, as I don't think that is the answer, and I don't know what the answer is for these type of protests where emotions run high (well one obvious answer is to not f up police cars). When **** hits the fan, some people use diligence, prudence, and diplomacy to find creative solutions for perceived injustice, and some people turn to violence in order to raise awareness. the bottom line is people just want to know that those who protect society are not doing the exact opposite.
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

You cannot say that you don't know due to not being in their shoes. That's ****ing bull****. All they had to do was walk around with some picket signs and sit around the bart station... simply protest.

Rioting does not help anyone, helps no cause, and get them no where. They riot cause they lack maturity, respect, and logic. Being mad, and upset, doesn't mean you smash a cop car and business windows. That's just pathetic...
Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Rescuer
ghost ride da whip yo!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Rescuer
Ghetto kids do the smashing while the Berkeley students speak out against violence on the megaphones... ****ing classic...

Just look at how those two are dressed compared to all the people around them...

:shakes head:
Old 01-07-2009, 11:23 PM

should be shot...on the spot...no questions asked
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

(01-07) 21:13 PST Oakland -- A protest over the fatal shooting by a BART police officer of an unarmed man mushroomed into a violent confrontation tonight, as a faction of protesters smashed a police car and storefronts, set several cars on fire and blocked streets in downtown Oakland.

Protesters smashed the storefronts of McDonald's as well as stores called Creative African Braids and Oakland Yoon's Pharmacy. Cars along 14th Street were smashed, and some were set ablaze.

A woman walked out of Creative African Braids holding a baby in her arms.
"This is our business," she shouted. "This is our shop. This is what you call a protest?"

Nia Sykes, 24, of San Francisco, a protester who was with the group, said, "I feel like the night is going great. I feel like Oakland should make some noise. This is how we need to fight back.

"It's for the murder of a black male," said Sykes, who is black. The demonstration "is totally appropriate."

Sykes had little sympathy for the owner of Creative African Braids.

"She should be glad she just lost her business and not her life," Sykes said. She added that she did have one worry for the night: "I just hope nobody gets shot or killed."

Quick Reply: Man dies after BART officer shooting (was: I really hope this ain't true...)