Looks like I might be trading in the WRX

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2010 997.2 GT3
Looks like I might be trading in the WRX

I had a recent epiphany over the weekend and well, owning my Base 2008 WRX Sedan means I won't see much more interms body aesthetics and etc. My 08 is that sad ugly duckling left out. I love it and hate it...
As stated above I have an 08 WRX Sedan WRB with less than 15k. I just checked KBB and the trade in value is at $18,500 for good condition. I will say I did have to trim my front bumper to fit my FMIC a while ago, you guys think that will be an issue (ie., bumper replacement)? Other than that it is in good condition.
I am going to start talking to the dealerships this week. I am looking to trade for a 2011 WRX Sedan WRB Base and swap trunks so I can keep my wing.
And I am sure I will have to sell a few parts due to fitment? But I believe most will carry over. Either way I want to start fresh again!

I am not the greatest (but adequate) at dealing with the dealership any tips or suggestions would be great! TIA!

-Kyle
Old 02-21-2011, 05:57 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
check subaru's website for their guaranteed trade in program value.

then go to truecar.com to get a few quotes from local dealers

hit up the 1 w/ the best price. i dealt w/ jamie from capitol subaru and he gave me an awesome deal. way BELOW invoice
Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I don't think dealerships are gonna let you trade parts. I'd just take off what you need to take off and then take it in. You're gonna get bent over anyways. Dealerships make money on trade ins. At least that's the goal. They're gonna give you less than it's worth and get you to bury your losses in the new car loan.

I'd just sell it.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by soundwave
check subaru's website for their guaranteed trade in program value.

then go to truecar.com to get a few quotes from local dealers

hit up the 1 w/ the best price. i dealt w/ jamie from capitol subaru and he gave me an awesome deal. way BELOW invoice
Thanks! I have already checked truecar.com but I will give capitol a shot as well.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't think dealerships are gonna let you trade parts. I'd just take off what you need to take off and then take it in. You're gonna get bent over anyways. Dealerships make money on trade ins. At least that's the goal. They're gonna give you less than it's worth and get you to bury your losses in the new car loan.

I'd just sell it.
I remember reading on iwsti or nasioc about some guy with is 2011 WRX, he was able to trade trunks with a 2011 STi at a dealer. So I figured, I might have the same luck. It's not like it would make too much of a difference really. I guess I won't really know until I start calling them to get an idea money wise. The reason why I don't want to sell it is because then I would have to find a new trunk to replace mine and etc. That just seems like too much of a nuisance to go through with a sale.
Sure they may rip me off but I already got a great deal on my car over at stevens creek. I got it for 18k out the door brand new w/ warranty all during the economic crash. Don't ask me how, because all I could comprehend at the time was that the banks owned it, so the loss wasn't out of their pocket and they need to move 2008 models off the lot. haha
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Wait... you got the car for 18k and the trade in value is 18.5?! You ****er!

If you go to Stevens Creek they should let you swap the trunks. I know of someone who traded in their STi and they swapped catbacks on the cars there.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Wait... you got the car for 18k and the trade in value is 18.5?! You ****er!

If you go to Stevens Creek they should let you swap the trunks. I know of someone who traded in their STi and they swapped catbacks on the cars there.
Yeeeeah! Hate me all you want The crazy thing is I am still making $$ off my car haha

Oh well thats good to know, I have always dealt with Stevens Creek when my family has bought a Subaru and they have always given us great pricing below invoice!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

What's the status on the part-out then?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:38 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I was able to trade my blitz nur spec r at dealer lol they were happy to trade it haha
Old 02-22-2011, 01:56 AM

Lucky for me, I put in my VIN in the Subaru guaranteed trade in program value and it said $18,300 as a guaranteed minimum!

What's the status on the part-out then?
Well I will update it again, I took better pictures of most of the stuff. I ended up putting on my Invidia and the BCs because I wanted to see the whole look with the white wheels :P haha but once I get that off my car I will get rid of it. I will have them up on sale within the next month being that I want to get rid of this stuff and get my new car So I need buyers for my...
BCs
ERZ Catted DP
Rota G-Forces
Perrin BOV
Perrin CAI
Harman Motive uppipe w/ 44mm Tial EWG
Not sure but I have two grills and I will sell which ever is easier to get rid of I have the STi grill and sports grill
Red RA Mudflaps
and a few other items (thats all I got from the top of my head)

Originally Posted by Gibz
I was able to trade my blitz nur spec r at dealer lol they were happy to trade it haha
Okay now I am feeling a bit better, I figure they would be happy for me to trade trunks since I have the STi wing on mine and well it would look silly on a stock base model 2008 wrx. hahaha

Last edited by Imprezard; 02-22-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Twisting the knife man... Twisting the knife.

The new car will be sick though!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:54 AM

Twisting the knife man... Twisting the knife.

The new car will be sick though!
Hahaha well we will see what the dealership has to say I might just end up twisting the knife a little more

Yeah it will be awesome! If I decide to sack up and pay a premium the insurance for the STi I might, otherwise I am sticking with a WRX.

Last edited by Imprezard; 02-22-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM

SO I have talked to a few dealers, the best I have found was $24k flat for a base model w/o fees but it includes fogs, the armrest, short shifter and and pedals. But the best I can find the limited is $26,300. Not sure what to do is it really worth it for a sunroof, heated seats, fogs and HIDs. ehh? I have yet to call about the STi pricing, I am most worried about my insurance...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by Imprezard
SO I have talked to a few dealers, the best I have found was $24k flat for a base model w/o fees but it includes fogs, the armrest, short shifter and and pedals. But the best I can find the limited is $26,300. Not sure what to do is it really worth it for a sunroof, heated seats, fogs and HIDs. ehh? I have yet to call about the STi pricing, I am most worried about my insurance...
Used STIs run around that budget but the new WRX are starting to come with much more value.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by antonch
Used STIs run around that budget but the new WRX are starting to come with much more value.
Well I am actually looking into a new 2011 STi. I haven't asked the dealerships about it yet. For now I am looking into the WRX limited. But I do agree the WRXs are coming with much more value.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:26 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Don't forget the leather... The leather is nice. Difference of $2300, I'd do it.

Quick Reply: Looks like I might be trading in the WRX