Looking for a video editor and website designer/graphic artist

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Looking for a video editor and website designer/graphic artist

As the title says, looking for a video editor and a website designer/graphic artist.

Website Designer/Graphic Artist
Helping a friend out that is a writer and has a few TV shows in the works, one of which already has a couple networks interest. He's planning on putting a site up for that show so that networks and potential sponsors can log on and check out everything we have so far. No one already part of this project knows much about website design and he asked me if I knew of anyone. I know we have a lot of talent here and wanted to put the opportunity out there and see if anyone is interested.

The downer is there currently isn't any pay, but whoever is a part of this project will be rewarded handsomely when it is signed. I know its a bit of a leap of faith to put work into something and initially receive nothing, but I assure you he is not out to get work out of you and leave you hanging when things go big.

Video Editor
Another TV show that he and the lead photographer are working on involves film they are shooting themselves with a Canon 7D and 5D MarkII. They've been able to get some really good footage lately, but neither is too experienced with video editing. The photographer has done some video work before but I believe its mostly been of family and friends type stuff, nothing too intense.

Same aspect goes for the video editor about no pay right now.

The plus side is that he's not expecting/wanting someone to quit their job and focus 200% on his projects. Its been more of a "when you have time" thing although things have been speeding up a bit more now. He's looking for someone who's creative, doesn't need to constantly get on to get the work done, has a pretty good idea what they're doing, and reliable.

He's had a few people sign on in the beginning, but they either got too busy with they're own work, flaked on him, didn't put much effort into their work for him (which I understand cause they're doing it for free right now), or were unreliable.

If anyone is interested, let me know and we can talk more and I can then have him contact you. Please don't hesitate to ask questions you may have. I know its a bit of a long shot with it being "free-work" but its better to put it out there.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Do they have a rig to do editing on? What kind of show is it? I might be interested in helping a bit.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
http://www.jeffrey-wright.com/

My friend is a designer. He has a lot of vision and I have been referring him to people because of his creativity. Follow that link to his page.

Edit: And he may be willing to do it under those conditions, since he wants to get his name out.

Last edited by Turbo Rob; 03-02-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:15 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Do they have a rig to do editing on? What kind of show is it? I might be interested in helping a bit.
Sent you a PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
http://www.jeffrey-wright.com/

My friend is a designer. He has a lot of vision and I have been referring him to people because of his creativity. Follow that link to his page.

Edit: And he may be willing to do it under those conditions, since he wants to get his name out.
Thanks! I just emailed the writer/creator of the shows with your friends link and info
Old 03-03-2011, 03:50 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

i can edit. i use sony vegas pro. i can work with digital files.

currently "in between jobs" so i have a few spare hours... lol...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Wish I had more time. Pretty slammed with a bunch of freelance stuff until about the end of May. How soon is he looking to get this done? I have a BA in Multimedia from CSUEB and a Post Production certificate from BAVC in SF. Send me a pm with some info on when he's shooting for delivery.

I can design & develop websites and do video editing, as well as my partner. Primarily use FCP 7 and AE CS4/5 for editing. For websites I use PS CS5 for graphics and hand code valid XHTML 1.0 Strict + CSS.

Here's a few samples:

Video (for above website): http://www.vimeo.com/16486204 <-- Shot with Canon 7D

Motion GFX + Video: http://www.vimeo.com/13253832