Was looking up information on Nissans but found this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Was looking up information on Nissans but found this...

http://www.digest.com/Big_Story.php

another example of a huge corporation screwing people over...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I had forgotten about this, but yeah, this guy has been fighting them for forever.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I hate the big corp bullying, like what Monster energy did to that small town brewery a while back, it's total BS! This guy's friggin last name is Nissan, what right does Nissan motor corp have to take his right to have that as a URL for his business!? Arg, this irritates the hell out of me...

Worst part is that you are pretty much either forced to fight them and go bankrupt, or just give up and let them win knowing that they have the funds to fight. The system really is flawed...

I no longer consume or buy ANYTHING with the Monster name attached to it, be it Subaru related or not... This was after learning about their crazy lawsuit against that small brewer (that didn't even really use the monster name in a way that it could be confused in any way possible). F' Monster, and F' Nissan (and F' all other big corps that pull this kind of crap)
Old 10-14-2010, 09:39 AM

PS: Here's the Monster energy drink lawsuit (Monster VS Rock Art Brewery for their use of the name "Vermonster")

http://monsterboycott.wordpress.com/
Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
damn... no more Monster for me. That's really F'ing lame!

I like what he says about pledging allegiance to this country but not remember it saying "and justice for those with the deepest pockets".

This after the Supreme Court has allowed Corporations to donate as much as they want to politicians.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Guy should have leased the domain to Nissan when they first asked for it and retired to some tropical island instead of spending $2.9 million on principle. Idiot. His website is terrible too. There's no way he actually gets any kind of business from it.

Guy seems like a giant biggot anyway, check this out: http://www.digest.com/French_Connection.php

Apparently he's trying to drum up some kind of French conspiracy? wtf?

Last edited by Amandyke; 10-14-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 2009 WRB WRX Sedan
Awhile ago Honda was trying to sue my Ex GFs Uncle for having Honda in is Repair shop name. I dont know why big corps go to these measures and spend so much money doing so when its just a name. It doesnt make any sense to me especially because they are making the real big bucks.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What is on the page that makes Mr Nissan a bigot?
I must be blind.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Isnt there a Sacramento area company that goes by STI and has a similar lettering as subaus sti?

(tried finding the SRiC thread on it, but i failed )
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Isnt there a Sacramento area company that goes by STI and has a similar lettering as subaus sti?

(tried finding the SRiC thread on it, but i failed )
I've seen that company advertise here in the bay area, specifically Milpitas if I remember correctly... Pinkish-redish lettering, and says "STI"... It was so similar that I had to do a double-take. I cant remember if it was on a truck or building, but I know Ive seen it more than once. Im not typically in that area very often anymore so I can't remember, it's been a while.

Kanye West: "Subaru doesn't care about imposters"
Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
You'd be surprised how often this kind of thing comes up. I do economics consulting where I basically estimate damages caused by stuff like this. Some big companies even try to trade mark common English phrases that pertain to their business, just to prevent up-and-coming little guys from getting any hits on Google searches. It's pretty messed up because they don't deny the trademarks until someone contests it, they just let it happen and the only way to get it reversed is to fight them in court, which is so expensive.

It's even worse because this tactic works out for the big guys but not for the little guys. If you're a small company and try to pull the same trademark BS, the big company will destroy you in court.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
You'd be surprised how often this kind of thing comes up. I do economics consulting where I basically estimate damages caused by stuff like this. Some big companies even try to trade mark common English phrases that pertain to their business, just to prevent up-and-coming little guys from getting any hits on Google searches. It's pretty messed up because they don't deny the trademarks until someone contests it, they just let it happen and the only way to get it reversed is to fight them in court, which is so expensive.

It's even worse because this tactic works out for the big guys but not for the little guys. If you're a small company and try to pull the same trademark BS, the big company will destroy you in court.

Greedy companies with more money than they know what to do with

+

FLAWED system

=

Teh lose

Unfortunately we live in that flawed system of control. Bleh!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Meh, DAT renamed itself Nippon Sangyou in 1928 and was known for short as Nissan since the '30s. Uzi Nissan should be glad he's not being sued by IMI (manufacturer of the Uzi SMG) as well.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee
I've seen that company advertise here in the bay area, specifically Milpitas if I remember correctly... Pinkish-redish lettering, and says "STI"... It was so similar that I had to do a double-take. I cant remember if it was on a truck or building, but I know Ive seen it more than once. Im not typically in that area very often anymore so I can't remember, it's been a while.

Kanye West: "Subaru doesn't care about imposters"
yea i saw it on a semi driving down the freeway one day in Sac.. took my by surprise haha