Lookin' into an Android Phone, please point me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Are you on the .894 system now or the latest .901?

There have been 3 updates on the system files and radio for the phone with the first being .893 that first one was ***. Pretty much everything was addressed in .894 then .901

I'm on the .901
Still sucks..... And they want to give me a cheaper phone this time and not refund me for the difference and the web-dock.
Told them they are on crack and need to put me on a razor. But they then told me they can not do that. Well I just read on the internet that a few other people have been upgraded to the razor. I've been with V for over 10 years. And they are about to loose another customer.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
^ the map is old and outdated San bruno, San Francisco, San Jose, Freemont, San Jose, Tracy, Sacramento, all city's that have been on lte the last 2 months. And you comment has nothing to do whit the phones he is using. You have a 30! Day Return policy with Verizon and att get a phone with both providers and test It out. Go with the provider that works best for you.
AT&T 4G LTE Comes to SF Bay Area, LA, New York City | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

AT&T on Thursday officially turned on its high-speed LTE network in the Bay Area and New York City, a geek hotbed that had traditionally criticized AT&T for its poor network coverage.
Officially, the new markets are: the New York City metro area, Austin, Chapel Hill, Los Angeles, Oakland, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, and San Jose.
In 2011, AT&T added 15 LTE markets: Athens, Ga.; Atlanta; Baltimore; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Dallas-Fort Worth; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Las Vegas; Oklahoma City; San Antonio; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Washington, D.C.
AT&T promised to cover 70 million people with LTE by the end of the year. However, John Stankey, AT&T's head of business solutions, said at a conference on Thursday that it covered 74 million, ahead of expectations, Reuters reported.
"We're building a 4G LTE network that's blazing fast, and we offer dual layers of 4G technologies to provide customers with a more consistent speed experience," Stankey said in a statement. "Our network, together with our unsurpassed 4G device portfolio and innovative applications, will give our customers an industry-leading mobile broadband experience."
View SlideshowSee all (7) slides

More
What advantages does LTE have? According to PCMag.com's official Q&A with AT&T on LTE, "4G LTE offers real-world speeds faster than other mobile broadband technologies," the company said. "While our HSPA+ network is faster than 3G, 4G LTE enables users to stream video, download apps, and send and receive e-mail even faster. In addition, 4G LTE has lower latency than other mobile broadband technologies, which means more responsive performance for customers when they want it most."
AT&T also said that it would deploy voice over 4G LTE as the company's 4G LTE footprint is built out further.
AT&T's deployment is good news for the Bay Area, the home of Silicon Valley and the San Francisco startup and apps community. Traditionally, San Francisco's civic bureaucracy has placed hurdles to the addition of new cell phone towers, which can be blocked by citizens or neighborhoods. That's left Silicon Valley techies frustrated at the lack of adequate AT&T coverage for their iPhones and other devices.
However, the current iPhone 4S will not be able to tap into the AT&T LTE network. Instead, AT&T's first LTE phones include the HTC Vivid and the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket.
The other remaining question is how much spectrum AT&T will allocate to each of those markets, which will affect the amount of bandwidth it can provide to customers, and how much congestion customers will experience. (Last year, PCMag.com tested AT&T's LTE network in Boston.) For example, AT&T reportedly has 24 MHz of 700-MHz spectrum in the Texas cities where it launched the technology, but only 12 MHz in Chicago. That means it can run its LTE network on paired 10-MHz (10x10) channels in Texas, but it has to use 5MHz channels in Chicago. Verizon, on the other hand, has at least 22MHz everywhere in the nation, so it can use at least 10MHz channels everywhere.
Update: AT&T is currently using 10x10 spectrum in all 4G LTE markets except Athens, Ga., Chapel Hill, N.C., Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Raleigh, and San Juan, Puerto Rico, where they're using 5x5, according to an AT&T spokesman.
Well that's good to know. I'm becoming more interested in the Razr @ Verizon and the only pathway on At*t is the Galaxy s II
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
How much is the corp unlim plan?

Read a little thru this thread here:
How to get unlimited data! - xda-developers

Depending on if you want/need unlim 3/4g there might be a different plan code. You also might have to call in trying to get it more than a couple times.

The worst they can say is no over and over and when removing it online the worst that can happen is you go back to whatever you had before.
Thanks! 50% more at $45
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Good luck
Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Last edited by ldivinag; 01-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
ah right on man. Now i can bug both you and cesar
You have my number right?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by herrjr
Thanks! 50% more at $45
did it work? doesnt for me.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Channel 5 news is at att store doing a segment on LTE data right now..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by rau
You have my number right?
If you haven't changed it then I do

Sorry I couldn't play, I was in my last round before heading to work.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
How much is the corp unlim plan?

Read a little thru this thread here:
How to get unlimited data! - xda-developers

Depending on if you want/need unlim 3/4g there might be a different plan code. You also might have to call in trying to get it more than a couple times.

The worst they can say is no over and over and when removing it online the worst that can happen is you go back to whatever you had before.
Supposedly Verizon already fixed that. I like my unlimited data so I might just wait it out if it ever comes back for Verizon.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 PM
rau
Something Custom

If you haven't changed it then I do

Sorry I couldn't play, I was in my last round before heading to work.
It's cool, shoot me a text so I get your #
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by rau
Spectrum comes up in these conversations, because there isn't enough bandwith spectrum to go around. Which is why ATT was trying to buy T-Mo, so they can have their spectrum share. And those on ATT who still have unl. data, like Lanz0r are getting throttled like mad

hehe he kind of looks like you
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
rau
Something Custom

a little bit, yeah
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 90 325is
just what i needed, been thinking about dumping my iphone4 for something different. Thomas makes a pretty convincing argument for the razor. gonna go check them out this week!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Just upgraded my Sprint phone from the Evo to the Photon, $80 on Amazon Wireless , pretty solid thus far. Looking forward to ICS and/or CM9 when they drop. Not worried about the whole 4G to LTE transition as I'm sure there will be bumps in the rollout this summer. By the time I'm eligible for my next upgrade ( 12mo ) the picture should be clearer.

/coolstorybro

Quick Reply: Lookin' into an Android Phone, please point me...