LONGT! - Livermore Subaru "Issues" - They SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 06 Black On Black Wagon
Angry LONG! - Livermore Subaru "Issues" - They SUCK

Part One:

I'll make this as short as possible.

So I went into test drive a WRX on a Monday. Very friendly - no pressure - made good offers - every thing is cool. I decided to go ahead and buy it. The model my wife wanted was at another dealer. They said no problem we will have it tomorrow, Tuesday. On Tuesday they call and say it will be in on Wednesday, ok...cool, only one day. So I empty out my trade-in and schedule myself off work early so I can take the drive to pick it up.

Wednesday afternoon they call and say it will be Thursday. Now I am pissed. I tell them they need to get it there today, Wednesday, because I already made special arrangements to go get it. They say ok, but it might be late. Fine. About an hour later they call and say the car was sold and they will have to find another or order one from the factory - there are none with the configuration my wife wants in Cali or Nevada. Now I am real pissed. The sales person/manger/guy who helped me says "I’ll call you Thursday before 3pm with an update.

He never calls. I call him at 4pm and he tells me he can find out on Friday for sure if they can still get the so called "Sold" car or if they have to order it. "I will call you before 3pm Friday" he says again.

Friday he calls and says the person who supposedly purchased the car that was promised me has not showed up to complete the purchase and the other dealership is giving him till Sunday to come get it. At this point I just closure and say fine - call me Sunday.

Sunday they call and say they missed the other manager and will call him Monday morning and then call me back. Whatever. Monday, MEMORIAL Day, they call and say they will have car ready for me that evening. Finally some closure and I can be done with these lying flakes. I go in and the car is there - looks great.

Part Two:

Filling out paper work. The payment on my trade-in is due in a few days so they agree to overnight the Payout on it to avoid any late fees. They also agree to hold my down payment check for 7 days before cashing it.

Today JUNE 1st, 3 days since we made these agreements, I check my accounts. They still have not paid off the trade-in and my check which they were supposed to hold till the 5th has already been cashed. I call there at about 8AM and the very nice receptionist says they will be in at 9am. AT 9:30am I call and there still not there- she does not know where they are.

I finally just left amessage for the Finance guy. I have Yet to hear back from them.

HOW DAMN UNPROFESSSIONAL CAN PEOPLE BE!!

P.S. At least the car Rocks.

***Previous typos have been fixed thanks to my local 3rd grade teacher. Damn, i should have payed more attention the first time around***

Last edited by TurboGroceries; 06-01-2006 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
If you're from San Jose, should have just went to Santa Cruz Subaru... I live only 20-30 minutes west of Livermore (close to the 580/680 intersection), yet I still choose to take the drive down to Santa Cruz to get anything important done to my WRX. I think Santa Cruz is around the same distance for you? Plus you get so many more benefits from buying from them.

I've had my own bad experiences with them. They thought since I was 17 year old kid, I wouldn't know technical stuff about my car. Too bad the stupid Service Manager got owned by a 17 year old.

-1 for Livermore.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Labor day?

May 1st?

.....and you're calling them unprofessional?

sorry I just had to point those out....
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 06 Black On Black Wagon
Labor Day...

Opps. Oh well, i don't make calenders for a living but they do sell cars. So yeah, they are still unprofessional.

And BTW. There Phone number is now ringing disconnected. I tried all there lines including their jag and land rover ones.

Jack Asses.

Last edited by TurboGroceries; 06-01-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Carlsen.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:14 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
a tech at livermore said i was a dumb**** and didnt know anything about my subaru, b/c i gave him my car in valet mode, and he couldnt boost at all. he gave me my keys back angrily and told me my car was broken
Old 06-01-2006, 02:21 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by dynamicprojeKtz
a tech at livermore said i was a dumb**** and didnt know anything about my subaru, b/c i gave him my car in valet mode, and he couldnt boost at all. he gave me my keys back angrily and told me my car was broken

haha.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Originally Posted by dynamicprojeKtz
he probably wanted a joy ride in your car.

-Ave
Old 06-01-2006, 04:29 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
Originally Posted by A.V.E.
he probably wanted a joy ride in your car.

-Ave
im pretty sure he did
Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
I purchased my car from Livermore the service wasn’t completely terrible, but I clearly knew more about the cars than anyone in that building (sad considering this is my first suby). They did give me the run around with some of the paper work but this was after they had already allowed me to leave with the car. After driving back and forth to the dealership 3 times they finally got it right. 2,500 down at 4.9, no cosigner, keep in mind this is my first financed car and I am only 22. I had the owner calling the bank to get me approved. They are some what a mod friendly dealership but don’t know **** when it comes to the performance aspects of the car. All in all I would give my experience with them 7 out of 10, nice but still average with plenty of room for improvement.

-- Erik
Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Ohh, just curious did one of the managers crack a bunch of jokes on the fact that he only has one leg. I couldnt tell at first but he showed me after making a joke about swimming in circles.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
a few days after i had purchased my car, i called Livermore and was inquiring about my financing situation. i spoke to someone who had no idea of what was going on and took my name/number and said that someone would get back to me. i waited 4 days with no call back.

when i bought the car, i purchased a lojack system with the early warning notification along with it. last friday i had it installed. after the installation, they were like 'ok, here ya go.' and i was like 'what's up with the early notification system?' and they gave me the run around for a bit and then they were like 'we can't find the due bill right now we'll have to get back to you.' it's now thursday afternoon, a week later, and still no call. and, i can't get a hold of them because they're lines are down or some b*llsh*t.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
This place sucks. My A/C doesn't work, mostly due to me installing a JDM STi top mount which melted a hole into the line. So I decided to schedule an appointment to have in checked and to get a price on how much it would be to fix it. So I called and got the run around at first. Then I finally get ahold of the receptionist and tell her that I want to make an appointment for 4pm. Now I live in Tracy and work in San Jose, I took a day off of work to go to an interview and decided to get my car serviced. I chose 4 cause I didn't want to be late incase my interview ran late.

So the stupid b!tch says that yea they can do it at 4. I show up there Wednesday only to have the stupid service manager tell me they can't perform the diagnostic cause I scheduled the appointment for 4 because their techs leave at 4:30. Then why did the stupid b!tch say that 4 would be fine. I b!tched at the guy and said its BS that I took a day off of work to have this test done and now I have nothing to show for it. So he brought a tech out to me who tells me that the intercooler is definitely what caused the problem. So ok, that's really what I wanted to know and now I don't have to pay $65.

So the tech then starts in about how he'd removed the intercooler cause it doesn't do anything. Saying how they designed the engine for max performance. I was like, that's why they make bigger turbos which I have to get more performance. The tech didn't know what to say back, then said that the intercooler causes more lag. I was just pissed and said screw it and left. I'm never going back to that dealership.

Last edited by bluwrxwgn; 06-01-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM

Car Info: Skeet.
Sorry to hear groceryman. At least post pics of the new car
Old 06-01-2006, 08:25 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
So the tech then starts in about how he'd removed the intercooler cause it doesn't do anything. Saying how they designed the engine for max performance. I was like, that's why they make bigger turbos which I have to get more performance. The tech didn't know what to say back, then said that the intercooler causes more lag. I was just pissed and said screw it and left. I'm never going back to that dealership.
HAHA, thats #2 for their service department getting owned by trying to act like they know something they have no clue wtf they're talking about. Anyone else own the service department there?

Quick Reply: LONGT! - Livermore Subaru "Issues" - They SUCK