Local shops make the 6gun 05 sti hub conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
What is the hub to fender measurement that the "corrected uprights" are built around? I'm a bit confused since the GD WRX and STi are different heights from the factory. Not sure if my car is "lowered".

Thank you.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Its built around one end of the spectrum to the next for each model. We have run the numbers from full droop through full compression to calculate bump steer changes (toe in/toe out) as well as camber gain and/or loss going through that same range.

It's amazing how many cars are completely messed up. Even the car we just did had a "off the shelf" bump steer/roll center kit and it was seeing a 3/16" toe in under full compression. With our kit that bump steer is at 0 (zero). Our kit also see's double the camber gains compared to an aftermarket off the shelf kit.

In regards to if your car is lowered, that's simple to figure out. These parts are intended for cars that are at min 1.5" lower than stock ride height, whether you take that as a hub measurement, side skirt measurement, or going to the chassis really doesn't matter as long as you can repeat the results with a fixed point.

Being as you have rally suspension and full purchased MSI knuckle's (unless something changed since we last spoke?) I doubt you need any of these products. I'm pretty sure you being a guy that works on his own car and has built it, you know if its lowered or not

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Those knuckles were returned for manufacturing errors. The hubs were designed without ABS tonerings in mind. I had to threaten TIC with a lawsuit to get my refund after not getting service for almost 5 months. The bandaid repairs they were comming up with was not what I payed for. ****ty for them.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdblock
Those knuckles were returned for manufacturing errors. The hubs were designed without ABS tonerings in mind. I had to threaten TIC with a lawsuit to get my refund after not getting service for almost 5 months. The bandaid repairs they were comming up with was not what I payed for. ****ty for them.
oh man that sucks, sorry to hear. Last conversation you were awaiting your parts to arrive as you had already ordered them.

not sure if you notice but we do offer a 5x100 option as well and have offered the ABS/Speedo Ring Spacers for quite some time.

these can also be found in our knuckles catalog: LIC Motorsports Knuckle Catalog

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 12:54 PM

This kit looks more street friendly than what I thought you were going to put on the market originally.

My hub to fender sits around 13.75". I honestly don't know how low that is. If you go off STI height, it is about 1" lower, WRX height is about 1.5" lower. ???

My car dances while trail-braking. I'm always very nervous of the rear coming around on me. I think the toe curve is the problem. Your uprights might be the ticket to correcting that issue for me.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:08 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT Ltd.
So uh.. I don't really care about the knuckles at all, I just want to convert to 5x114.3, so what about rear knuckles?

And do any of these fit the 05-09 LGT? Not sure if we're that different or not..
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

This kit looks more street friendly than what I thought you were going to put on the market originally.

My hub to fender sits around 13.75". I honestly don't know how low that is. If you go off STI height, it is about 1" lower, WRX height is about 1.5" lower. ???

My car dances while trail-braking. I'm always very nervous of the rear coming around on me. I think the toe curve is the problem. Your uprights might be the ticket to correcting that issue for me.
if you have the rear end already light and "dancing" the last thing you would want to do is this geometry upgrade...it will make it worse. Now if the car was understeering and pushed like a pig, different story as these create more front bite/grip.

Also your car is only 1" lowered, we say at min 1.5" lower than stock ride height

Originally Posted by failure
So uh.. I don't really care about the knuckles at all, I just want to convert to 5x114.3, so what about rear knuckles?

And do any of these fit the 05-09 LGT? Not sure if we're that different or not..
your statement here is almost comical, I'm glad you don't care, as I don't care that you don't care but yet you still ask your question? It appears that you care? I must of missed something?

The info that you missed is in the links of the items and nowhere does it list LGT for fitment.

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Thank you Noah.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by licmotorsports
your statement here is almost comical, i'm glad you don't care, as i don't care that you don't care but yet you still ask your question? It appears that you care? I must of missed something?

The info that you missed is in the links of the items and nowhere does it list lgt for fitment.

-noah
zing!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

If you care about fitment..clap your hands!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you Noah.
my pleasure!

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM

Car Info: 1962 Renault 2CV
clap clap...How about you help out here Paul...I said clap your fu##ing hands.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 1962 Renault 2CV
Uh oh..Noahs' gotta listen to Pauls ***** session on the phone!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Gtfo!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BOHICA
Uh oh..Noahs' gotta listen to Pauls ***** session on the phone!!
always a highlight of my day

whats up Rickster!

-Noah

Quick Reply: Local shops make the 6gun 05 sti hub conversion