Local shops make the 6gun 05 sti hub conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
its a throw back thread but we have just released our Modified Knuckles to accommodate most everyones needs.

LIC Motorsports Modified and Geometry Corrected Knuckles are released!

-Noah
Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
From an engineering point of view, LIC's knuckles are far superior to single shear 6Gun variants.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

we agree, not only is it done properly from an engineering standpoint....its also what makes it safest. We are only comfortable releasing products that maintain the utmost safety built into them. We feel we have accomplished that with this product.

Thanks for your order DB Tuned!

-Noah
Old 10-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Wish I had dual drilled wheels.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

we awaiting to hear back from our engineers and cnc shop about redrilling the 5x114.3 hub/bearing to accommodate a 5x100 pattern (yes we know it has/can be done but that doesn't mean it can safely be done...when we offer a product we have to keep safety first in mind. We won't offer a compromised part). Will let you guys know what they say and if we decide to offer that as an option as well.

-Noah
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
From an engineering point of view, LIC's knuckles are far superior to single shear 6Gun variants.
I'm trying to understand... what does this mean? How was the 6gun a single shear? I thought the pinch cleavis was still intact.

This is not doubt, this is just trying understand.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chimchimm5
I'm trying to understand... what does this mean? How was the 6gun a single shear? I thought the pinch cleavis was still intact.

This is not doubt, this is just trying understand.
The tie rod area is what was in single shear on there product, which applies all the forces/loads on that extension piece and in has ability to break b/c of the forces/loads. If you look at ours its double shear, gusseted, and boxed in (its in double shear and by doing so you disburse the forces/load).

see image for reference of single vs. double shear in regards to a bolt (which is a good example of the product)

-Noah
Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
That is some fancy drawing skills
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
we awaiting to hear back from our engineers and cnc shop about redrilling the 5x114.3 hub/bearing to accommodate a 5x100 pattern (yes we know it has/can be done but that doesn't mean it can safely be done...when we offer a product we have to keep safety first in mind. We won't offer a compromised part). Will let you guys know what they say and if we decide to offer that as an option as well.

-Noah
Awesome! You guys always go above and beyond to make sure things are done right! Thanks for looking out for us lowly 5x100 people.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
The tie rod area is what was in single shear on there product, which applies all the forces/loads on that extension piece and in has ability to break b/c of the forces/loads. If you look at ours its double shear, gusseted, and boxed in (its in double shear and by doing so you disburse the forces/load).

-Noah
Ooooh I see now. Tie rod, and yes now that I'm looking at the right place in the picture of the LIC knuckles I see that's quite clear.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sigma pi
That is some fancy drawing skills
I have this image on my desktop but I was able to do a quick google search for a picture of single vs. double shear, which warranted immediate results

We went to great lengths to have everything engineered properly on this kit as done improperly could result in some serious issues/injuries. This is why we have done years of testing in the most extreme environments; to ensure its safety. It really is basic understanding of what stress's, forces, opposing forces, etc... can and will do.

-Noah
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by k-dogg39
Awesome! You guys always go above and beyond to make sure things are done right! Thanks for looking out for us lowly 5x100 people.

you bet...remember we have a 04 STi, which is (well was) 5x100, so we had to engineer all this stuff from nothing. We never got the chance, nor did we ever buy someone else's products to run and make work. We know the hurdles it has taken to make this happen. I've paid for it every step of the way

Originally Posted by chimchimm5
Ooooh I see now. Tie rod, and yes now that I'm looking at the right place in the picture of the LIC knuckles I see that's quite clear.

Thanks for clearing that up.
thanks for asking the question, I'm sure others weren't sure as well but didn't speak up on it

-Noah
Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM

Car Info: Norco 29er Mtn Bike
it's amazing how many people lower subies and don't use a bump steer kit I love my whiteline kit since my car is a daily driver, if I had a track car I would be all over the LIC kit!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Urban_Grey_2.5
it's amazing how many people lower subies and don't use a bump steer kit I love my whiteline kit since my car is a daily driver, if I had a track car I would be all over the LIC kit!
We don't even lower customers cars without at minimum a whiteline kit (we always have them in stock at our place). The Whiteline Roll Center Kit is fantastic for cars that are only lowered 1-1.5" and its a great product!

Thanks for the kind words on our product(s), we made them for the everyday street car with all the engineering/safety for a race car

-Noah
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is a set installed on a 2009 STi.

Being that this customer already has all the hardware/bearings needed he was able to opt for the "Knuckles Only" kit.

This 2008 STi kit can be found here: LIC Motorsports Front Geometry Corrected 5x114.3 Knuckles (08+ STi) / Buy online at LICmotorsports.com!

More applications: LIC Motorsports Knuckles Catalog

Press Release: LIC Motorsports Modified and Geometry Corrected Knuckles are released

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 10-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Local shops make the 6gun 05 sti hub conversion