livermore subaru

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
over price nuts, not firendly people at all... keep me waiting and no help

Go to carlsen, santa cruz or marin.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:14 PM

They were pretty cool to me when I was shopping. Gave me two test drives, one wagon, one sedan. Salesman let me and my friend go out alone, we must have been out for 90 minutes total.

When it came down to it, they didn't have the color/options I wanted so I went with another dealer because I was impatient. The prices they were offering were competitive though.

My buddy ended up buying a Forester XT from them and he has no complaints.

I've had a couple of services done by them. They "fixed" my clutch judder but used the wrong parts. Instead of the revised parts called out in the TSB they used the original part numbers. And of course it came back... I'm going to have them redo it before I hit 36k. This time I will tape a copy of the TSB to the windshield with the parts numbers underlined.

They were eager to help though, and fixed some other minor things under warranty, that a lot of dealers would have just blown off. They aren't afraid to throw money at fixing stuff under warranty.

So for sales I give them an A, and for service a B+.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I wound up buying my old '02 WRX from Albany instead, because Livermore didn't care enough to make a sale, and wasn't competitive.

Before I bought my STi elsewhere, I gave them a call and a chance to match a deal for an STi, and they laughed. Consequently, another dealership got my business...

I brought my ole' WRX in to them for an oil change, back when I ran the restaurant in Dublin 24/7, and they told me "the mechanic might void your warranty if he sees your aftermarket exhaust"

I told him I'd cut off his ***** if he even tried...

I would strongly recommend you take your business to Carlsen, Santa Cruz, or Bianco.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:32 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
i bought my 04 rex their and got a really got price and the two sales people that helped me were great. Everytime i go in there they still talk to me like im a friend so it couldnt be all about the sale. As for service they seem to do a decent job. I ended up blowing up my engine because of a manufactures defect and they jumped right on it. I had an aftermarket blow off valve and the machanic joe didnt even hassle me about it. In fact he was giving me some helpful hints about putting on aftermarket parts and how to get away with them. For me there fine becase i live maybe a block from the dealership. Also i paid 23XXX for my rex with the premium package. Dont pay more than that. Ask to see their invoice sheet. It worked for me. The salesmen that were helpful for me was Wayne and Sayed. Talk to them and tell them i sent you. Good luck!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:38 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
What options are you hoping to get?
Old 02-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
24 OTD?! damn dude what financing/ options/ etc did you get?!

Mine's was 24 otd for an '03 7 monthes ago...but then I took 60 month financing at 2.9%

Anyways, my impression of livermore subaru is pretty good. They let me test drive a fully loaded aspen white, which I absolutely trashed for an hour, then a MBP which I put like 50 miles on, and since I couldn't decide they detailed BOTH of them, and I came back the next day after testing the SRT4 and bought the third car, a brand new aspen white.

Sure they wouldn't budge on price, but they gave me straight facts (the kind of insider stuff I got from ex-salesmen buddies when asking advice on how to haggle) and I respect that. No games, no lies, just "I will sell you this wrx for xxxx, I will make xxxx in commission on this deal, I think it's a fair price do you?"
Old 02-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
damn bert,

that's pretty lame of you to do...

ppl like you make it *** for others to buy the car afterwards...

you thought you were screwing over the dealership, but you really ***ked over whoever bought the cars afterwards....

Originally posted by verc
They let me test drive a fully loaded aspen white, which I absolutely trashed for an hour, then a MBP which I put like 50 miles on, and since I couldn't decide they detailed BOTH of them, and I came back the next day after testing the SRT4 and bought the third car, a brand new aspen white.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:22 PM

alright I kid, I kid, I only grinded first gear going out of the lot. You happy?
Old 02-29-2004, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
yeah verc nice move...

haha
edgar, <-- stands guilty of 1 count of beating a wrx at livermore subaru and buying another
Old 02-29-2004, 06:26 PM

no really, seriously, I only grinded first gear going out of the lot, and that was an accident.

If you want an idea of what I believe is 'trashed', I've never even launched my car or turned fast enough to even make the tires squeal....on purpose that is...heh
Old 02-29-2004, 06:33 PM

And on a random note (not related to david's post) I think the funniest thing is people when people call other people out they don't realize how many ways innocent law abiding citizens INVOLUNTARILY screw and ***k random people over without even knowing it. (this again is why liberals lose )
Old 02-29-2004, 10:30 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
Didn't someone post a few months ago that Livermore service told him he shouldn't have an i-club sticker on his car, that they were more likely to try and find excuses to void his warranty as long as he had it?

When I was looking for my '04 last year, they lied about when the '04s would arrive and tried to sell me an '03 instead. One less sale for them, one more for Santa Cruz.

Quick Reply: livermore subaru