Lesson of the day: Don't buy CHEAP guns! Or end up like this...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by RU-X
uhhh.... you we're messing with your gun when it was loaded and chambered??
I was trying to FIX a jammed gun. I was not "messing around" with a loaded gun. Idiot.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 04 STI, 03 M3, 08 335i, 15 i3
glad you're okay!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by brucelee
I was trying to FIX a jammed gun. I was not "messing around" with a loaded gun. Idiot.
you said that you were bored and rearranging your gun safe and you had a round go off (from a gun that you had chambered and ready to go) bouncing off something and into your leg causing you to go to the ER for shot and to clean out a bullet wound, one can only assume that you were messing around without you saying you were fixing a jam. Idiot.

but anywho the round coulda went off on it's own when it was just sitting there hitting someone. that's lucky. be more careful next time?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
During an episode of insomnia, I decided to go re-arrange my gun safe.
(And let me first mention that I have lot of experience with firearms and NEVER has anything of this sort happened because all my other guns are quality pieces and the gun shouldnt fire unless you pull the trigger)

As I'm removing my guns, I notice my CHEAP *** Philippine made AK-22. I got it new for around $150, just a cheap piece of junk but it does fire pretty much every time I pull the trigger...

Anyway, I notice that the bolt is back and there's a round in the chamber, I tried cycling it, tried tweezers (didn't have a bore rod to get it out cuz its .22)

With the gun pointed to the ground, I cycle it once more (finger off the trigger) and BAM! Bullet hits ground, bounces off something and right into my leg!

Had to go to the ER for it... Got a tetanus (haha, Tet-ANUS) shot, had to get all the lead cleaned out since it was a lead bullet... Wasn't deep in my leg at all, and surprisingly, didn't hurt too much.

I inspected the rifle closely. and it looks like the firing pin was stuck out when I cycled it and thus the discharge.

One lesson is to be learned here, I will NEVER, EVER buy a cheap gun ever in my life. This is the first and is the last. thought it would be a fun cheap plinker, but stay the f' away:

This is it, only mine has a folding stock

Mines made by Armscor
http://207.234.249.73/gunfax/rimfires/akcopy.htm

I'm glad I was pointing it down and not out of the garage or wall! It put a nice dent into the concrete too about 3" away from my car tire, so I'm thinking it bounced off my car tire side wall and then hit me.

The feeling doesn't hurt in the normal sense, its more of a burning sensation. I was using "Thunderbolt 22" made by remington.
Originally Posted by RU-X
you said that you were bored and rearranging your gun safe and you had a round go off (from a gun that you had chambered and ready to go) bouncing off something and into your leg causing you to go to the ER for shot and to clean out a bullet wound, one can only assume that you were messing around without you saying you were fixing a jam. Idiot.

but anywho the round coulda went off on it's own when it was just sitting there hitting someone. that's lucky. be more careful next time?
bolded for proof from original post..

he never said he was messing around with the gun.. he specifically said that he was trying to get the round out..
Old 09-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
well... he never said it was jammed, just that he had a round in with the bolt back and he tried to cycle it. but poor choice of words on my part i guess?

Last edited by RU-X; 09-24-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

it slammed fired...

common issue with lesser quality control firearms.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Bet you won't leave a round in the chamber all good and ready again :|.

Good thing you're ok. Now you can say you've been shot!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:13 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by pwn
Bet you won't leave a round in the chamber all good and ready again :|.
at least not with unrealiable firearms.

otherwise, all my home/self defense firearms have a round in the chamber. anything else, i have an expensive throwing instrument...

remember... practice... practice... practice...
Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 AM

damn man. +10 for not hitting your nootsack.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
The last time I found a crap rifle in my collection, I took it to Reed's to have it destroyed without tugging on any of the levers. It was some off-brand .22 w/ a scope. Haaaa.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
During an episode of insomnia, I decided to go re-arrange my gun safe.
(And let me first mention that I have lot of experience with firearms and NEVER has anything of this sort happened because all my other guns are quality pieces and the gun shouldnt fire unless you pull the trigger)

As I'm removing my guns, I notice my CHEAP *** Philippine made AK-22. I got it new for around $150, just a cheap piece of junk but it does fire pretty much every time I pull the trigger...

Anyway, I notice that the bolt is back and there's a round in the chamber, I tried cycling it, tried tweezers (didn't have a bore rod to get it out cuz its .22)

With the gun pointed to the ground, I cycle it once more (finger off the trigger) and BAM! Bullet hits ground, bounces off something and right into my leg!

Had to go to the ER for it... Got a tetanus (haha, Tet-ANUS) shot, had to get all the lead cleaned out since it was a lead bullet... Wasn't deep in my leg at all, and surprisingly, didn't hurt too much.

I inspected the rifle closely. and it looks like the firing pin was stuck out when I cycled it and thus the discharge.

One lesson is to be learned here, I will NEVER, EVER buy a cheap gun ever in my life. This is the first and is the last. thought it would be a fun cheap plinker, but stay the f' away:

This is it, only mine has a folding stock

Mines made by Armscor
http://207.234.249.73/gunfax/rimfires/akcopy.htm

I'm glad I was pointing it down and not out of the garage or wall! It put a nice dent into the concrete too about 3" away from my car tire, so I'm thinking it bounced off my car tire side wall and then hit me.

The feeling doesn't hurt in the normal sense, its more of a burning sensation. I was using "Thunderbolt 22" made by remington.
holy hell! glad to hear you're okay Daniel. can't nominate you for Gov. and have you hurt and all.

good ( great ) insurance plan FTW? or everytime they see your name on paperwork they get a heart attack?

you need to stay out of the hospital man......
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
The PI always makes quality stuff
Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
The PI always makes quality stuff
yeah like rotas
Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
You not the guy that jump off the benica bridge today were you? Seem to be having all sorts of bad luck..
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
pictures ftw.

Quick Reply: Lesson of the day: Don't buy CHEAP guns! Or end up like this...