Law Enforcement Officers

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013 | 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Lurk
He probably doesn't want to get shot at on the daily.

How much crime is there in the City of Orange anyways? I'm guessing not much, and it'd probably be a boring place to be a cop.
Mostly just petty property crime and LOTS of parking violations. And a fair amount of noise violations.
Also, where on earth are you these days that you own a Hilux?!
Old 06-12-2013 | 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I have a question for anyone who cares to field it. I just went to a shopping center to ship out some ebay stuff, and as I was pulling into a parking spot, a man in a black Crown Vic pulled into the spot from the other side (wrong direction for the parking lot). I just sort of stared at him for a sec because... Really? He started angrily motioning for me to get out of the spot, so I stayed. Then, he opened his door, got partially out, and got out a black leather fold and displayed a badge at me, and told me the spot was his and I needed to GTFO. I was sort of shocked, but did not move. He was notably heated, yelling, so, not wanting to take this too much further, I backed out of the spot and quickly/easily found another spot. As I was unloading my car, he came over to me and said basically sorry about that but I was waiting for that spot for 15 minutes because this is where I get my hair cut. I was in a hurry by then so I just said "it's just a parking spot, no need to get heated" but after a while it clicked that he just flashed a badged so he could park his car to get a hair cut. If it would have clicked earlier, I probably would have had a talk with him - but what do you think about this?

I asked this because of the topic of "disrespect" that OMA mentioned. I agree, and with discussions with friends and family that are LEOs, I often wonder how they deal with the day to day crap they have to deal with. I do my best to respect LEO's in every case, and usually that respect is returned, but this is just silly. Basically, personally, it's crap like this that makes it harder for me to have general respect for LEOs. Maybe I am just taking things too seriously, but I have been seeing (personally, with my own eyes) things like this a bit lately and it does grind my gears a bit.
Cops that flash their badge to get some kind of benefit are douches. And probably their co-workers think the same thing.
Old 06-12-2013 | 09:53 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Limited and 1998 Legacy GT Wagon
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I have a question for anyone who cares to field it. I just went to a shopping center to ship out some ebay stuff, and as I was pulling into a parking spot, a man in a black Crown Vic pulled into the spot from the other side (wrong direction for the parking lot). I just sort of stared at him for a sec because... Really? He started angrily motioning for me to get out of the spot, so I stayed. Then, he opened his door, got partially out, and got out a black leather fold and displayed a badge at me, and told me the spot was his and I needed to GTFO. I was sort of shocked, but did not move. He was notably heated, yelling, so, not wanting to take this too much further, I backed out of the spot and quickly/easily found another spot. As I was unloading my car, he came over to me and said basically sorry about that but I was waiting for that spot for 15 minutes because this is where I get my hair cut. I was in a hurry by then so I just said "it's just a parking spot, no need to get heated" but after a while it clicked that he just flashed a badged so he could park his car to get a hair cut. If it would have clicked earlier, I probably would have had a talk with him - but what do you think about this?

I asked this because of the topic of "disrespect" that OMA mentioned. I agree, and with discussions with friends and family that are LEOs, I often wonder how they deal with the day to day crap they have to deal with. I do my best to respect LEO's in every case, and usually that respect is returned, but this is just silly. Basically, personally, it's crap like this that makes it harder for me to have general respect for LEOs. Maybe I am just taking things too seriously, but I have been seeing (personally, with my own eyes) things like this a bit lately and it does grind my gears a bit.
He probably isn't even a cop. Why would a cop drive a Crown Vic for a personal car? My money is on a wannabe cop security guard driving a retired cop car.

Originally Posted by buckeyemike75
Cops that flash their badge to get some kind of benefit are douches. And probably their co-workers think the same thing.
Yup.
Old 06-13-2013 | 12:55 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by WRX Coastie
Whats wrong with OPD...Anyways as an LEO in the area "hint" I can help. BTW don't burn the lady for a complaint, it is what it is. PM if ur still interested, I have conducted POST standard interviews in the past.
Nothing wrong with OPD, its just that if someone is trying to become a cop in a cushy crime-free city in socal, the JOKE is that they wouldn't want to work for opd
Old 07-29-2013 | 06:54 PM

Car Info: Toyota pickup, Tuono, '62 Mini
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
wow... someone has no comprehension of the police department, law vs. lawlessness and society in general in 2013 (not 1685).

Including the "militarization" of said department.
We finally agree 100% on something! Someone definitely has no comprehension on the militarization of the police in America:

Rise of the Warrior Cop - WSJ.com