Kyle Petty doesnt like F1

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Why is it that F1 drivers have to be in tip top shape, by working out everyday because of the intense g-forces they face constantly throughout the race... yet asscar they can be over-weight
Well you know us big fat lazy Americans. Since we're so obese we can only fit in those good 'ol stock cars

Seriously... every other race car driver just about has to be in amazing shape to handle the pressure, but an ASSCAR driver can be a big fatass.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 85 AE86, 84 FJ60
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
Well you know us big fat lazy Americans. Since we're so obese we can only fit in those good 'ol stock cars

Seriously... every other race car driver just about has to be in amazing shape to handle the pressure, but an ASSCAR driver can be a big fatass.
Id love to see the average weight of an F1 driver compared to the average weight of an asscar guy (I think in order to be called a driver, you have to be able to turn in any direction).
Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 AM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
More advertising space on their race suits?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Most NASCAR drivers can actually road race or rally race. Jeff Gordon has usually done fairly well at the Race of Champions back when it was like a rally super special stage on dirt, and a lot have admitted to being F1 and WRC fans as well. I'm sure a lot of NASCAR drivers would jump to other series given the chance, but then again, a lot of drivers are making more at NASCAR than they could at anything else starting out. For that reason alone, I can see why people like junior are staying with NASCAR.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, but as of recently I can see the draw. There is actually some pretty good racing. The racing in NASCAR now is mostly between the drivers, not the machinery. The cars are almost identical and driving pretty much at the limits of traction and speed. In my mind, its almost identical to one long 200, 400 or 500 mile drag race. So, like I said I'm not a fan (I pretty much only watch the road course races), but I can see the draw.

The reason they don't have rain tires, is because no one has made a rain tire that can withstand the cornering forces of a top speed oval corner for lap after lap (its the same reason the Indy 500 had to be delayed by rain).
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by nKoan
Most NASCAR drivers can actually road race or rally race.
You couldnt be anymore wrong sir

Also, Asscar tried running in the rain back in 2000 when they brought Hoosier in and had a tire choice.

The asscar guys went out and crapped their pants, and then whinned like the fat retarded ***gots that they are and it never happened again.

Asscar = pestilence
Old 06-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by nomex ninja
You couldnt be anymore wrong sir

Also, Asscar tried running in the rain back in 2000 when they brought Hoosier in and had a tire choice.

The asscar guys went out and crapped their pants, and then whinned like the fat retarded ***gots that they are and it never happened again.

Asscar = pestilence
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
Old 06-18-2007, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

You are confusing the car and the driver. Just because the cars aren't setup for a certain condition, doesn't mean the drivers can't hop into a properly prepared car and go fast.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 AM

You are confusing the car and the driver. Just because the cars aren't setup for a certain condition, doesn't mean the drivers can't hop into a properly prepared car and go fast.
Sorry, wrong again. Apperently you never saw Asscar champ Jimmie Johnson in the European IROC.

Unfortunatley, Im not confusing the car with the "driver".

Every time they go to a road course, 98% bich about it, 1% say they "dont mind" because they have a little bit of experience turning right, and the other 1% surrender the driver seat to Boris Said.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Sorry, wrong again. Apperently you never saw Asscar champ Jimmie Johnson in the European IROC.

Every time they go to a road course, 98% bich about it, 1% say they "dont mind" because they have a little bit of experience turning right, and the other 1% surrender the driver seat to Boris Said.
Are you referring to 2002 when Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Colin Edwards represented the USA for the Nations Cup, back when it was on the Canary Islands, on a dirt rally-style super special stage and won?

Because that wouldn't make sense for your argument if that's what you were referring to.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM

I was talking about the one where he got is *** handed to him by Michael Schumacher in the Citroen.

Schumy finished more than a lap ahead of JJ and JJ looked as though he had never even driven a car.

I dont know what you're talking about
Old 06-18-2007, 01:18 PM

I was talking about the one where he got is *** handed to him by Michael Schumacher in the Citroen.

Schumy finished more than a lap ahead of JJ and JJ looked as though he had never even driven a car.

I dont know what you're talking about
+1 for Schuey and Boris!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, that was the 2004 event. But Schumacher is on a different level. Probably one of the best drivers in the world at the moment. Comparing anyone to Schumacher is almost unfair.

But, like I said, in 2002, on dirt, Johnson and that other NASCAR driver took the nations cup with the help of Edwards.

I'm not trying to convince you to like the series (hell, I don't even like the series) but if you don't respect the drivers for what they do, that's just sad. Most of the NASCAR drivers came up in a lot of different series, road racing, CORR off road racing, SCORE baja stuff, etc. These guys are quick in anything, and are drawn to NASCAR for the money. NASCAR is easily one of the most profitable forms of motorsport in the world, and winning drivers make a lot of money.

So, if you want to deride the series, fine. Its deserved. But I bet any NASCAR driver could hand you your *** at any type of racing.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

+1 for Schuey and Boris!
+1 for Hammilton.

Best F1 driver ever.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by newyorkreload

WRC > F1 > FIA GT > LAPD high speed chases > NHRA > ten year olds on bikes > Nascar
where would desert/off road racing fit in this grand scheme of things?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 PM

Yeah, that was the 2004 event. But Schumacher is on a different level. Probably one of the best drivers in the world at the moment. Comparing anyone to Schumacher is almost unfair.

But, like I said, in 2002, on dirt, Johnson and that other NASCAR driver took the nations cup with the help of Edwards.

I'm not trying to convince you to like the series (hell, I don't even like the series) but if you don't respect the drivers for what they do, that's just sad. Most of the NASCAR drivers came up in a lot of different series, road racing, CORR off road racing, SCORE baja stuff, etc. These guys are quick in anything, and are drawn to NASCAR for the money. NASCAR is easily one of the most profitable forms of motorsport in the world, and winning drivers make a lot of money.

So, if you want to deride the series, fine. Its deserved. But I bet any NASCAR driver could hand you your *** at any type of racing.

I worked very closley with a couple of asscar veterans testing them in our Daytona Prototypes.

Actually we tested all kinds of people in the prototypes. The asscar guys were the slowest.

One of our old drivers decided to shift his career towards asscar and he currently kicking *** in the ARCA Remax Series despite the criticisms of his friends like me. He makes fun of himself, but when it comes down to it he kicks *** because he has REAL driving talent and most everyone else just has money and learns to drive in a circle.

He will be the first one to tell you he went to asscar for the money.

I would jump at the opportunity to road race any asscar "driver"

personal experience > speculation

Quick Reply: Kyle Petty doesnt like F1