KRINKOV's new sigline...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I've had racer 5 that was fresh and pretty tasty, but I've also encountered some that was on the skunky side.

But if IPAs aren't your thing, even fresh it may not appeal to your taste, I can understand that.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Tele-Viper
LOL not trying to start a beer war...jus sayin' i'm not fond of the racer 5. Had it on tap at the Gallery Lounge in SF...never again. You call it "Quality", I call it swill.
I hear you, no war. You don't like it. Thing is, that's all you need to say. Since you said more though... Don't take my word for it - but PBR, in fact, nearly defines swill. Racer 5 is, in fact, an extremely high quality craft beer from a microbrewery - that you don't particularly like. That's ok! No problem with that.

Fuller's ESB is an awesome beer as well. Not my favorite, but very great indeed. Also an excellent beer to drink if you plan on drinking a lot.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:41 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
wombatsauce - if you like racer5... redhook long hammer IPA is good... but the best beer in the world... their Drop Top Amber Ale

and Mirror Pond is great too. time to start a beer thread.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I hear you, no war. You don't like it. Thing is, that's all you need to say. Since you said more though... Don't take my word for it - but PBR, in fact, nearly defines swill. Racer 5 is, in fact, an extremely high quality craft beer from a microbrewery - that you don't particularly like. That's ok! No problem with that.
Just to point out, I was not the one to bring up PBR...pignoseWRX did when he said this:

"you do know stella is like the pbr of europe, yes?
racer is far superior."

I just stated that I "love the PBR". Just like I love Red Stripe, Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock, Duvel, Heineken, Sierra Nevada, Red Bridge (wheat free), etc. Not sayin' it's my favorite or the end all be all of beer.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by psoper
I've had racer 5 that was fresh and pretty tasty, but I've also encountered some that was on the skunky side.

But if IPAs aren't your thing, even fresh it may not appeal to your taste, I can understand that.
I see what you're saying.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 AM

yes, it was me. and i standby wombat's statement that pbr is swill. but beer is like wine. it's a good beer if it's a beer YOU like.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Just to point out, I was not the one to bring up PBR...pignoseWRX did when he said this:

"you do know stella is like the pbr of europe, yes?
racer is far superior."

I just stated that I "love the PBR". Just like I love Red Stripe, Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock, Duvel, Heineken, Sierra Nevada, Red Bridge (wheat free), etc. Not sayin' it's my favorite or the end all be all of beer.
I actually like Stella. Cool that you like GB Blonde - I like that stuff too and it seems to get me hammered. Sierra Nevada is another awesome brewer.

Either way, if you don't tell me what I drink is crap, I will keep my comments to myself. After all, who am I to tell anyone else what to enjoy - I would never dream of such a thing. If everyone liked what I liked, there would be fights. Hahaha...
Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

I see what you're saying.
Also, IPA's are an acquired taste it seems. They are also a very distinctive taste which is usually bitter/hoppy and a lot of people don't like that. It's very understandable, but it is most assuredly not crap/swill/etc or anything else that implies it is unliked due to some sort of failure or shortcoming on the beer's part.

I have had a bottle of Lagunitas IPA that was flat out undrinkable, but then from the tap at Ausiello's it's like sweet nectar of the... well I digress. But it seems like you understand.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 PM

HAHAHA agreed!!!!

btw, yes i get ****ed up off the Blonde too!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM

for the record, while we're debating beer in the math thread... for fear of being called a hypocrite if i ever drink with you fellas, stella is my go to at the bars that only carry the mainline stuff. i do thoroughly enjoy it... but if i have a choice i'll drink something else.

no matter, drink on, all!