just witnessed bad car crash in San Rafael

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Unhappy just witnessed bad car crash in San Rafael

I was standing on the street corner of 3rd and F st waiting for the oil change guys to finish up with the car. With nothing better to do i was out on the sidewalk watching the cars drive past, looking for any ricers out there. Well along comes this grey caravan flying down the street trying to make the light before they change. My eye was on him so i didn't see that the light had already turned red and he was still going for it. SSSSSKKKKREEEEEEEECHH!!!
To this poor twenty something girl driving a little toyota surprise midway through the intersection he couldn't slow down. CCCRRRAASSSHHHH. right into the side of the car. He hit the toyota so hard that luckily there was no one in the passanger side or they would have been dead. Her car then flew through the intersection and into the house on the corner. It was really bad. The young girl stumbles out of her car and is quickly assisted by two others that had her sit down on the curb. The driver of the van stopped and was pacing back and forth because he knew he was f--ked.

With so many on lookers and witnesses standing around once the cops showed up and my car was done i left. Just hope she'll be OK. and that she has someone at home that loves her because see was very shook up.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
OUCH

How come the driver from the van can still walk?

Bring camera next time
Old 01-12-2004, 02:00 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
hope that girl is alright...and interesting things always happen when you dont have a camera on you...damn lol...
Old 01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by DanyoCantDrift
hope that girl is alright...and interesting things always happen when you dont have a camera on you...damn lol...
that's the truth. I always have a hard time deciding if I should keep my camera on me so interesting things DON'T happen, or to leave it at home so interesting things do happen
Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
ouch....my Pops works in San Rafael and i called him earlier and he didn't pick up his cell phone which he usually does and i saw your subject title.....man i was scared for a little bit....

P.S. hope that girl is ok....bet that guy wish he slowed down....
Old 01-12-2004, 03:32 PM

Car Info: GDA
does sound bad. that punk should've stopped when the light turned yellow.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

ya, but i don't even know if he was paying attention. Also only one out of even 100 times you go though that intersection will there be a car there.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
hey bushido what color is your wrx....might have seen you....

i have a lowered black 02 w/ sti CF replica wing CF side markers and gunmetal prodrive UK 300 headlights....
Old 01-12-2004, 08:29 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
its kinda hard to miss bushido,

WRB sedan, with big window banner

screaming:

BUSHIDO
Old 01-12-2004, 08:34 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
like this:

is this who you saw?
Attached Thumbnails just witnessed bad car crash in San Rafael-bushido.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 10:53 PM
VIP Member

forget the guy, hows the girl doing?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
People can be so f**kin stupid.

A few months ago I winessed this pompous-*** pri*k mow down a bicyclist on Broadway in Oakland. I was up by the Wendy's where College Ave intersects with Broadway, just passing the Wendy's, as I glance in my mirror I see some scruffy dude on a 10-speed getting eaten alive by the f bumper of a pine green Expedition. Seems the SUV driver wanted to blow by all the 30mph traffic that was ALREADY moving along Broadway as he merged from College and used the bike lane to do it, in turn mashing this biker into the pavement. I caught myself screaming "Holy fu*King ****, some guy just got ran over back there!!" to my wife, I stopped my WRX and ran back to the bloody mess. The guy's forehead was skinned raw and was gushing blood. His ragged shirt was torn from his body and was tangled up in the bike's wheels. The bike. The bike was a friggin pretzel stuck under the front valance of the Expedition, both wheels look like collapsed squids of spokes, the frame was in a knot and one crank was broke clean off. And the Expedition drive walks right up to the downed biker and asks him (yelling) "What the hell did you do? Look at my bumper!" His bumper was an inverted 'V', like a tent opening with the bike's remains hanging out. The biker looked dumbfounded. Luckily some other people saw it happen too. My wife called an ambulance and the cops. An off duty nurse saw what was going on and came to the biker's aid. Right off, I noticed the jerk in the Expedition wasn't going to help anybody but himself, so I wrote his license plate down on my hand. Good thing, cuz when nobody was looking, he tore the bike from under his Ford and sped off, leaving us there with the blood. Minutes later the paramedics and the cops showed up. They started asking about how this guy ended up on the ground and I said, "the guy who hit him left", and the cop got really wide-eyed. "But I got his plate right here on my hand."

Not sure what ever happened of the whole mess. The biker refused to go to the hospital, so I offered him a lift home, but he kindly declined. He scraped up his broken twig of a bike and carried off into downtown Oakland.

Hopefully the idiot in the Ford got screwed.

BTW: if you're on a bike and you see a green Expediton with the CA plate MGNUMPE, pedal for your life!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I watched the same thing happen at that same friggen intersection. Only it was a different day of course...It was a camaro and something else. People fly down 3rd trying to beat the lights...
Old 01-14-2004, 11:10 AM

Crazy ****....i live pretty much down the street.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

i drove past the house on my way home today from work and you can clearly see the damage on the side of the house. I thought it would even be worse because the front of that womans car was totalled.

Quick Reply: just witnessed bad car crash in San Rafael